Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times

Advertisements

I think it is a good move for Peyton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 01:27 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
Well, good for Manning... he finally found a way to beat a Florida Gator. Sure couldn't when he played at Tennessee...lol
He has not beat a Gator ! Manning did all the work , flying from team to team working out , deciding where to play , making 95 mil .
All the talk is about TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW !

Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Manning is a has been...

Old 03-21-2012, 01:42 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
As a Jet fan, I can only conclude that Denver knew exactly what it was doing. And I conclude this because if I was running a professional football team, my preference would be to have an experienced quarterback who knows how to lead a team...as opposed to a raw rookie who wins a handful of games with unlikely, hail-Mary-style plays as time is running out in the fourth quarter. That's not something that'll take you too far in the playoffs.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As a Jet fan, I can only conclude that Denver knew exactly what it was doing. And I conclude this because if I was running a professional football team, my preference would be to have an experienced quarterback who knows how to lead a team...as opposed to a raw rookie who wins a handful of games with unlikely, hail-Mary-style plays as time is running out in the fourth quarter. That's not something that'll take you too far in the playoffs.

Sorry you don't know John Elway-he is a moron-this will blow up in his face...and I can't wait.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
A Denver Broncos fan died on Monday, before he had to see his beloved team sign one of his least favorite players.
According to his obituary in the Columbia Daily Tribune, 78-year-old Jim Driver "wanted out" before he had to see Peyton Manning don a Broncos jersey. This is the lead paragraph from that obit:
James H. "Jim" Driver, 78, of Eagle, Colo., formerly of Columbia, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012, at South Hampton Place in Columbia after a brief illness. An avid Broncos fan, he abhorred Manning and evidently wanted out before a deal was done.
That's all sorts of fantastic. You know the old adage: If you're gonna go out, go out with some style and/or by taking a shot at the player you hate the most.
Obituaries for private citizens are usually submitted by family members, so it's likely that one of Mr. Driver's relatives had some fun with the wording of the piece. No word on what he would have thought of the Tim Tebow trade.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:54 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
I like Manning, but I also think this is a huge gamble the Broncos are taking.

I personally have never seen why everyone is so un-sold on Tim Tebow. Let me be perfectly clear: it's okay NOT to be sold on Tebow-mania. It's okay to not be convinced that he will be a long-term success. But it's not okay to be absolutely convinced that he won't be successful. I don't see why all of these experts -- the prime one being that arrogant idiot, Merril the Hog of ESPN - who is insistent that Tebow can't play because of his awkward throwing motion.

So freaking what? Randall Cunningham had weird mechanics. Bernie Kosar was a side-arm quarterback. QBs are allowed to have weird mechanics, if they can win. And Tebow did that. And you've got to understand something: I get annoyed by overt displays of faith that Tebow is known for. I'm not 100 percent certain I like everything about him, but he seems to be a solid leader and the guy deserves a chance to lead his team next year.

As for Manning, there's no question that if he's 'back' that Denver has a chance to go deeper into the playoffs this year, but is Manning going to be able to take punishment week-in and week-out? Big questions remain.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:27 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
I will definitely miss all the so called EXPERTS eating CROW on Monday after Tebow pulled another rabbit out of his hat..

Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Manning
Peyton Manning NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

If he's even close to what he was he'll dominate.

This sounds scary but I've had similar and it's not bad at all.
Dr. Dave Explores Peyton Manning's Neck Injury - Yahoo! News

Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times
Broncos receivers worried that Peyton Manning will expose how bad they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football