Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,420,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Yep, our wonderful sports media is paid to sensationalize and hype things up, and their own particular biases always return to the usual suspects. Because of that, they tend to overlook and be surprised when "other" teams and players (other than the ones on their radar) suddenly rise to the occasion.

It's like, "Wow... look at that!" Laughable and tragic at the same time!
Chargers had won 5 games in a row. They were looking really good. Now, it looks like they are slumping with 3 losses in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 05:08 PM

9,295 posts, read 14,184,455 times
The Detroit Lions defense, ranked number one in the League coming into the game, outclassed the Miami Dolphins defense today, holding the Dolphins to a field goal and three and out on the Dolphins' last two possessions, when even a mere first down on that last possession could have iced the game for Miami.

And though Miami's defense may have been ranked number three in the League going into the game, for the second time this season they did not perform at a championship level, giving up the winning touchdown at the last minute: a championship defense stops those drives.

The previous week's victory allowed the Dolphins to shoot for another 8-8 season and gave hope for improvement, but this week's loss has put a major dent in those hopes.

The Buffalo Bills lost too today, against a competitive team; we'll see which of the two, the Dolphins or the Bills, has the mettle to bounce back on Thursday night in Miami.

Good Luck!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:05 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,767,390 times
Looking forward to Sunday's game in Denver. I feel it's gonna be a close one.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:00 PM

17,875 posts, read 27,269,911 times
If the Broncos beat the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, they will be one game ahead of the Chiefs and lead the AFC West.

I think the Broncos will win.

So, how many Dolphins' fans will make the treck?

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-20-2014 at 11:18 PM..

Old 11-21-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If the Broncos beat the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, they will be one game ahead of the Chiefs and lead the AFC West.

Are you kidding?

Hardly any fans go to the stadium in Miami, the local games are televised because the owner buys the empty seats, forget about making a trek to a cold place: anything less than 70 degrees is simply unacceptable!

Anyway, I expect the Broncos to bounce back at home and beat the Dolphins this Sunday. I also expect the Dolphins to lose on the cold road against hot conference-leading New England on December 14.

In any case, to have any chance to make the playoffs in the highly competitive AFC, the Dolphins must win four of their last six games, so that will probably mean they have to beat the NYJ Monday night on the cold road (50-50), Baltimore at home (50-50), Minnesota at home (they should) and NYJ again, but at home (they should).

So chances are they will wind up 8-8 again, but 10-6 with a shot at the playoffs is not out of the question. I don't think 9-7 will cut it no matter what.

Last edited by bale002; 11-21-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 11-22-2014, 12:33 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,018,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

I will watch it from home here in Florida, and SHE can come over and watch it with me !

Old 11-23-2014, 06:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,782,707 times
I feel for Dolphins fans, the way the refs screwed the dolphins was just wrong. The refs is the downside of being a NFL Fan

Old 11-23-2014, 06:16 PM

6,327 posts, read 3,568,534 times
What were the bad calls?

Old 11-23-2014, 06:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,782,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
What were the bad calls?
Too many to name but off the top of my head the obvious hold on the offensive lineman for the broncos on 4th and 2

Old 11-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Third game this season in which Miami defense shows it's not of championship caliber against competitive teams when it needs to be.

Offense played much better than I expected, but not sure if it's because the Denver defense is patchy. Anyway, too bad about the freak-tip interception with about four minutes left.

I didn't notice that the officiating unduly influenced the game, it appeared fair and balanced.

Miami, uncharacteristically, got into a shoot out with the Denver offense and lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football