Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Is he black? He's the one that got rid of Tebow

But don't let that stop you from making another nonsense racially motivated thread.
Got "rid" of Tebow?

I didn't realize that the New York Jets were considered to be such a terrible team that anyone who ends up on their roster is deemed to have been thrown onto the trash heap.

He didn't exactly go to Cleveland...

Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan22323 View Post
This may rub some posters the wrong way but the majority of tebow haters are blacks: Stephen a Smith/Hugh Douglas/Kordell Stewart/Joe Budden/Terrell Suggs/Jonathan Coachman/Shannon Sharpe/Michael Wilbon/Tom Jackson/Lil Wayne) and the reason is simple: they are worried that the running quarterback niche created by black quarterbacks is going to end if tebow succeeds. And then players like Michael Vick would be just another quarterback. It's a sad situation.people don't hate tebow because of relegion but because of race
Really? I just thought I didn't like "tebow" because he was a "over rated" Quaterback"!

Your credibilty was lost when you intruduced "race" into the discussion.
TEBOW! Over "hyped" and over " ventilated"!!

Race is the issue when the NFL is run by rich white people? Cry me a freaking river!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan22323 View Post
May i ask if all of you people are black? Maybe more whites hate tebow now that some of those black analysts brainwashed them. i would like to know what would happen if those black analysts were white analysts instead,would tebow get all the hate he does now,i don't think he would. It has nothing to do with relegion,it is his race. those black analysts don't want a white quarterback stealing their race's mojo (running quarterback) so they ,from day 1 hated on tebow and the sheeple watching tv including white fans ate it up like candy and now they hate tebow too,it's really sad.
I am black and I do not hate Tebow at all. I just think he can't play quarterback. His fans are the most annoying thing about him.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:47 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think a lot of people in general are afraid of what Tebow represents. He's a good man with a good heart and he's a Christian. He is proud to say he's a virgin and is waiting for marriage.

Immoral people always want to cut people above them down to size. I really don't think this is about race, I think it's just about that class of people and they don't like someone like Tebow exposing them for what they are-lowlife scum.
Its not about race, its not about religion. Its about someone who is a gifted athlete and can sure as hell run, but sucks at passing a football.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Got "rid" of Tebow?

I didn't realize that the New York Jets were considered to be such a terrible team that anyone who ends up on their roster is deemed to have been thrown onto the trash heap.

I don't know a single Jet fan that likes Tebow.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:52 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Tebow's virginity and religious beliefs are none of my business. That pose he strikes looks like he's mocking something. Does anyone think god roots for sports teams?

Old 06-04-2012, 04:53 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Most Tebow fans like him wherever he goes.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He hasn't played a single down in a Jet's uniform during a game that means anything yet. Mark Sanchez is the man in New York - Tebow is just there as an insurance policy. I don't think that Tebow is going to take Sanchez's job away - nor are they going to share time during the season. Jet's fans don't have to like him - but that doesn't equate to Tebow being bad for the team.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:58 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Got "rid" of Tebow?

What? Did Elway want Tebow to be his QB? NO..Elway got rid of him. Are the Jets planning to start him at QB? NO. This has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with Tebow not being starting QB material.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
. This has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with Tebow not being starting QB material.
I fully agree - yet don't you think that Peyton Manning being available had something to do with Elway's decision? Tebow did earn his spot as the Bronco's starter. Elway is a practical man - he saw an opportunity and Tebow did not fit into he plans to capitalize on that. I just think that saying Tebow was gotten "rid" of is a bit over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football