Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,885,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
The Cowboys play the Lions almost every season on Thanksgiving Day and they always beat the Lions.

The Cowboys and Lions both play on Thanksgiving every year... BUT they NEVER play each other...

Wow you really do not know much about the NFL... stick to college man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,402,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

The Cowboys and Lions both play on Thanksgiving every year... BUT they NEVER play each other...

Actually I do, but I just assumed.

And if I didn't know anything about the NFL, would I be telling you that back before the Steelers had their first SB in the 70's that they were losers for over 40 years?

Just like the Saints and Buccaneers were before they became winners.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 PM

Even my grandmother knows that the Cowboys and Lions play OTHER teams on Thanksgiving... give it a rest.

Why are you posting on a thread about NFL vs College when you do not know anything about the NFL?

again... just stick to college dude

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 PM

10,005 posts, read 11,112,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I only watch the NFL, but I think you're right. There is no suspense this year. All the other teams are going through the motions but they don't have a chance the way the Patriots are playing.
Did we learn NOTHING from 2007. When the NY football Giants shocked the world?? You are handing the Patriots a Super Bowl..now? Why?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 PM

10,005 posts, read 11,112,262 times
Quote:

Ditto,,,,wow

Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Even my grandmother knows that the Cowboys and Lions play OTHER teams on Thanksgiving... give it a rest.

Why are you posting on a thread about NFL vs College when you do not know anything about the NFL?

again... just stick to college dude
Okay, the point that I'm trying to make is that like College Football the NFL has higher power teams that play against low powered teams which those matchups don't draw attention.

Do you think anyone would watch the Patriots playing the Browns?

The Saints playing the Rams?

The Steelers playing the Panthers?

or the Colts playing the Bills?

While games like the Colts against the Patriots draw more attention.

Also, if I didn't know anything about the NFL then let me ask you this. Did you know that the New York Jets used to be the New York Titans?

Did you know that the "Tampa 2" Cover 2 scheme that was created by Tony Dungy for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was actually from the Pittsburgh Steelers "Steel Curtain" Defense?

And did you know that the St.Louis Rams before they became the LA Rams were at first the Clevland Rams?

Last edited by Blackandgold51; 12-11-2010 at 01:46 PM..

Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,698,368 times
Quote:
Okay, the point that I'm trying to make is that like College Football the NFL has higher power teams that play against low powered teams which those matchups don't draw attention.

Do you think anyone would watch the Patriots playing the Browns?

The Saints playing the Rams?

The Steelers playing the Panthers?

or the Colts playing the Bills?

While games like the Colts against the Patriots draw more attention.

Also, if I didn't know anything about the NFL then let me ask you this. Did you know that the New York Jets used to be the New York Titans?

Did you know that the "Tampa 2" Cover 2 scheme that was created by Tony Dungy for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was actually from the Pittsburgh Steelers "Steel Curtain" Defense?

And did you know that the St.Louis Rams before they became the LA Rams were at first the Clevland Rams?
Patriots vs. Browns - Box Score - November 7, 2010 - NFL - Football - SI.com

Old 12-11-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm not suprised.

The Browns also won against the saints and before that game not everyone expected the Browns to win. These are one of those low teams that plays well against an elite team once in a while but doesn't do good for the whole season. Their season record as of now is 5-7.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Glad you know how to google... You still don't know anything about the NFL.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Glad you know how to google... You still don't know anything about the NFL.
LOL!

I guess you're in total DENIAL that I know more about the NFL including the history of the NFL.

Come on give it up, I've been watchin' football since i was elemantary, kendegarden(forgive my spelling if I said the word wrong) to be exact during the time I became a fan of the Saints when Jim Mora was coaching.. Along with my grandfather who I wathed football with(Claude Rosemand was/is his name) before he died in 96', I also watched the old NFL Films videos they were showing on ESPN in that time. Around when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade I started reading more about when and how the NFL got started along with the team's history.

Also, while I was in the 1st grade I started to HATE the Cowboys everytime their were mentioned with the phrase "America's Team".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football