Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,072,121 times

Advertisements

If the Redskins win next week against Dallas, the Seattle Seahawks will be traveling to Landover, MD to play the Washington Redskins in the wild card round.

RG3 vs Russell Wilson. HOLY CRAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 AM

14,287 posts, read 14,535,197 times
Wow, wouldn't that be a game! NFC is very interesting this year (more so than the AFC)!!! Should be some great football coming up!

Someone pointed out all the "what ifs" and how Seattle could wind up with the 2nd seed! I don't see that happening, as I expect the Packers to play lights out against Vikes to keep that 2nd seed!!!

Old 12-25-2012, 06:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,270,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelquefois View Post
Lol, I went 1990's on this thread, but I'm not kidding, Russell Wilson is the Real Deal Holyfield!
I've been watching him play since he transferred to Wisconsin as a college player. I know it's still early, but he may have a better pro career than RG3, and I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe even Luck, lol. He's that good. I think he'll be in the Pro Bowl this year. He's a class act on and off the field. His only drawback that I see as of now is his height, which is why I think he wasn't drafted very high. He has a lot to learn as a rookie but I think Seattle got a great player for the future.
I was very impressed with his performance on Sunday night against the 49ers. It's obvious the guy is just a playmaker and a leader.

Chris Collingsworth mentioned that Russell Wilson reminded him of Fran Tarkenton. If you've ever seen Fran Tarkenton play you'd have to say that's fairly accurate.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 AM

5,915 posts, read 6,408,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
If the Redskins win next week against Dallas, the Seattle Seahawks will be traveling to Landover, MD to play the Washington Redskins in the wild card round.

RG3 vs Russell Wilson. HOLY CRAP.
That would be a good game!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 PM

55 posts, read 107,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
That would be a good game!
Ya, this should be a great game to watch. Two rookie qb's battling in the playoffs

Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM

That hustle play with the key block that Wilson gave for Lynch for a touchdown was huge.
Man, I hope RG3 won't sustain permanent damage to his reconstructed knee.
I think Shanahan is gambling RG3's career, RG3 couldn't even bend down to pick up the drop ball in the 4th quarter with 6 min left. That knee did not look good on the replay. There seems to be a bit of controversy dating back to Dec. 9th. with RG3 being allowed to play.

Shanahan said he let Griffin return with the blessing of James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, who was on the sideline. Dr. Andrews, however, told USA TODAY Sports on Saturday that he never cleared Griffin to go back into the game, because he never even examined him.

Dr. James Andrews says he never cleared Robert Griffin III to go back into game after injury

Man, I hope RG3's knee is ok.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 AM

139 posts, read 141,315 times
Quote:
Ya, this should be a great game to watch. Two rookie qb's battling in the playoffs
Quote:
That hustle play with the key block that Wilson gave for Lynch for a touchdown was huge.
Man, I hope RG3 won't sustain permanent damage to his reconstructed knee.
I think Shanahan is gambling RG3's career, RG3 couldn't even bend down to pick up the drop ball in the 4th quarter with 6 min left. That knee did not look good on the replay. There seems to be a bit of controversy dating back to Dec. 9th. with RG3 being allowed to play.

Shanahan said he let Griffin return with the blessing of James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, who was on the sideline. Dr. Andrews, however, told USA TODAY Sports on Saturday that he never cleared Griffin to go back into the game, because he never even examined him.

Dr. James Andrews says he never cleared Robert Griffin III to go back into game after injury

Man, I hope RG3's knee is ok.
I thought it would be a great game too but the injury to Griffin, well it just wasnt the game it could have been.
I hope he's ok too and I would like to know who cleared Griffin to play after that original injury.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:01 PM

What a great game!!!
What a valiant effort for Seattle! Despite the loss, what a great game for the rookie Wilson. Seattle was flat in the first half in offense and defense. Wilson looked at bit nervous for some reason, maybe exhausted from the the coast to coast travel, or who knows. But, I'm even more impress with this rookie's composure in the 2nd half, he held it together and just didn't give up and engineered and led a come back.
Lynch had a tough game. The seattle defense couldn't put it away with less than a minute to go. Great season Seattle, you have something to build on with this young team.

Congrats Falcons, great come back in the end. Way to pull off a playoff win with seconds left.
Ryan owned the first half. What great come backs from both teams, but somebody had to win.
It should be a great game with the 49ers next week.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:59 PM

The last game with the 49ers was a tough defensive battle for a while. I thought the 49ers would put up a better fight and thought the 49ers would pull this one off. I thought the 9ers were the best team overall with Denver right there. It might be too early to say this, but, now it seems if Seattle gets home field throughout the playoffs, they can run the table towards the Superbowl. CK looked like a rookie quarterback in this game, Seattle's defense was just too tough. Great job by Wilson for being composed and not being rattled by 49ers defense. Wilson is now 9-0 at home.

Wilson is the real deal....just like any team, it helps to have a great defense though, Ravens Superbowl Champs

Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,588,444 times
Quote:
It might be too early to say this, but, now it seems if Seattle gets home field throughout the playoffs, they can run the table towards the Superbowl. Wilson is now 9-0 at home.
Yeah it's a bit too early to talk about a Super Bowl but I'll agree if Seattle gets home field they are in prime position... Wilson may be 9-0 at home, but he's also 5-6 on the road, including playoffs.

Lets see what happens in Houston and Indy in a couple weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football