Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

2 NFL Games on the schedule

Two games on CBS at 4pm

1. Jets at Pats

2. Jags at Raiders

And Zero games on Fox at 4pm.

Can anyone remember a time when there has only been 2 games at 4pm? Well this is a result of 6 teams having a bye and 2 teams playing on Thursday Night. This is a horrible schedule for fans who love watching football on sundays. This is why I hate Roger Goddell because there should never be six teams having a bye on the same weekend. And don't even get me started on the Thursday games. This clown is ruining football on sunday and I guess it won't be no 4pm games in another 5 years. Horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
meh... so there's less flipping; that's okay with me.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
I love it. For me it means more football to watch. Multiple games at the same time means less football I can watch. More games on at seperate times means more football I can watch.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
NFL Redzone is going to be really slow-paced this week.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
2 NFL Games on the schedule

Two games on CBS at 4pm

1. Jets at Pats

2. Jags at Raiders

And Zero games on Fox at 4pm.

Can anyone remember a time when there has only been 2 games at 4pm? Well this is a result of 6 teams having a bye and 2 teams playing on Thursday Night. This is a horrible schedule for fans who love watching football on sundays. This is why I hate Roger Goddell because there should never be six teams having a bye on the same weekend. And don't even get me started on the Thursday games. This clown is ruining football on sunday and I guess it won't be no 4pm games in another 5 years. Horrible.
And I hope the Jags/Raiders game is broadcast in your house

Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
NFL Redzone is going to be really slow-paced this week.
Yeah, this. I don't think I'll even watch redzone once the noon games are over. Two potentially boring late games, and I'm sure Ill get the better matchup locally.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Oh no. I guess people will have to find something else to do, like enjoying a nice sunny day. Or, they can sit inside and find something else to watch on TV.

I'll either be at the beach or cycling or rollerblading or shooting hoops or mowing my lawn or flying a kite.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Oh no. I guess people will have to find something else to do, like enjoying a nice sunny day. Or, they can sit inside and find something else to watch on TV.

I'll either be at the beach or cycling or rollerblading or shooting hoops or mowing my lawn or flying a kite.
Or tell people on the internet how much better you are than them?

I vote you go fly a kite now

Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, this. I don't think I'll even watch redzone once the noon games are over. Two potentially boring late games, and I'm sure Ill get the better matchup locally.

Exactly, the Redzone channel should not even be on the air this week at 4pm.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
They are both on CBS because in the 2 late games, both visiting teams are AFC teams. So with that schedule, FOX doesn't have a choice. (If visitor is AFC, CBS gets the broadcast. If visitor is NFC, FOX gets the broadcast.) Besides, the NFL rules only allow one of those two networks to have a double-header. If CBS has it, then FOX can only broadcast 1 game. And vice versa. Though it seems like at least twice this season so far there have only been 2 games broadcast. One at 1PM on CBS and one at 4PM on FOX and that was it. I hate when they do that because there isn't another game to flip to during commercials. So twice this year even when there were games for both FOX and CBS to air, they still only showed one game at 1PM and one game at 4PM.

EDIT: Just learned something new. If a team is playing a home game, that local market will only get that game. So in the examples I had above, living in Indianapolis, when the Colts play a home game on CBS, FOX is not allowed to broadcast another game at the same time in Indianapolis, even if they are the network that has the double-header. If the Cowboys are playing at home on FOX at 4PM, CBS cannot air another game at 4PM in the Dallas market, even if they are airing a nationwide double-header. Interesting.

Last edited by ischyros; 10-17-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football