Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Please don't compare Mcnabb's legacy as a Eagle QB with Vick because Mcnabb has far more success and there are on different levels

In Mcnabb's first 3 years

2000-Divisional Playoff Round
2001-NFC Championship
2002-NFC Championship

Vick's first 3 seasons
2010-NFC Wildcard game
2011-No playoffs
2012-no playoffs

See the difference? I would hope they are not being compared for other reasons
In 3 seasons from 2008 - 2010 he through 36 Interceptions combined with the Eagles and the Redskins. There were some other 3 year runs of 26 or more. We need a quarterback that can recognize a viable target. In fact I thought Nabb was okay but he just seemed to get conservative in the hands of a lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
In 3 seasons from 2008 - 2010 he through 36 Interceptions combined with the Eagles and the Redskins. There were some other 3 year runs of 26 or more. We need a quarterback that can recognize a viable target. In fact I thought Nabb was okay but he just seemed to get conservative in the hands of a lead.

My point is he can't ever be compared to Michael Vick as a Eagle

Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
From the outside looking in;
McNabb should be considered one of the All Time Great Eagles.
Vick, no so much.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
From the outside looking in;
McNabb should be considered one of the All Time Great Eagles.
Vick, no so much.

Vick proved in Atlanta and now in Philadelphia that he doesn't have the brains to be a QB in the NFL.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Reid's just checked out. With his son passing, I don't blame him. He's way too soft on his players and has always had a blind spot when it comes to QBs. I like the guy, but its time he has a change of scenery. He'll go somewhere and maybe find some new focus. He's got to take Vick with him. Somebody call Tebow and tell him we need him. The Jets may be just as dense when it comes to QBs as the Eagles so maybe they'll give him up.
If the Eagles want a winning team, the key is hold off on the contracts. These guys get the money they want and then their efforts stop.
Oh, and get the snowballs ready. December is gonna be nasty.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
McNabb just had bowels of jello when it came to the big games. And he was the type of QB that rose to the level of the players around him. He was never a leader, never a guy who could bring the best out of other players.
Put him on a good team and he played good. Put him on a great team and he played great. On an average team he played average. But when the stress was on he choked.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
McNabb just had bowels of jello when it came to the big games. And he was the type of QB that rose to the level of the players around him. He was never a leader, never a guy who could bring the best out of other players.
Put him on a good team and he played good. Put him on a great team and he played great. On an average team he played average. But when the stress was on he choked.

I believe it was the defense who collapsed in the SB against the Pats in the 3rd qtr but for some reason they always got a pass. When the team won the defense was praised and when they lost reid and mcnabb was blamed.

Prime example

The eagles were leading 24-6 in the NFC championship against the Cards in 2009 and the defense allowed the cards to come back and take the lead 25-24 but the fans and media blamed Mcnabb because he could get a TD on the final drive. Why wasn't the defense blamed for choking when they gave up a 18 pt lead?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,651,760 times
Quote:

I dunno... do you actually remember the players McNabb had around him on offense for the first 4 years of his career? Props always to Duce for at least trying, but McNabb basically had to carry that offense on his back. And they went to championship games.

Last edited by rotodome; 11-27-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
I dunno... do you actually remember the players McNabb had around him on offense for the first 4 years of his career? Props always to Duce for at least trying, but McNabb basically had to carry that offense on his back. And they went to championship games.

Mcnabb put the team on his back in 2000 and carried them all the way to the 2nd round

Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
.....Somebody call Tebow and tell him we need him. The Jets may be just as dense when it comes to QBs as the Eagles so maybe they'll give him up.
Trust me we do not need Tim Tebow on the Eagles. I don't think he would be able to handle the pressure of playing in Philadelphia. He got lucky going to the Jets since most of the attention in the New York market goes to the Giants anyway. Not to mention the Philadelphia media and the fans would run him out of town as soon as he loses a couple of games. Plus we need a quarterback that can throw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football