Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:41 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,426 times

Advertisements

A cluster of six teams (Seahawks, Bucs, Vikings, Skins, cowboys, Saints) all within one game of each other. Who do you all see holding up through week 17?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,983 times
Skins hold tiebreakers over the Vikings, Bucs, and Saints. It may be the homer in me but I think the Skins have a good shot at getting that 2nd wild card. They've got the Giants, Browns, Ravens, Eagles and Cowboys left on their schedule. The NFC North and South teams are going to beat up on each other the rest of the way. I think 9-7 gets you the 2nd wild card spot.

Saints lose on Thursday and they're done. It's easy to overcome a 1-4 start 6 weeks into the season, but 5-7, Week 13/14. You need to win out AND get help from other teams. Almost impossible.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Because of Drew Brees, I will give the Saints the edge, even with the loss. As for the Skins schedule, they seem to have two wins here by inference, over the Browns and the Eagles, but the Cowboys have the personnel to beat anyone in the league on any given Sunday, if they were coached better. Giants and Ravens are not easy wins for the Skins.

The Vikings, though 6-5, I believe do not have the ability to win 2 more games with their remaining schedule. Conversely, the Saints look to be able to win 3 of their remaining games, minimum, with tough games against the Falcons and Giants. If the Saints can win either game, I think they get to 9.

The Bucs have road games remaining in Atlanta, New Orleans and Denver. They could easily lose all 3.

The Cowboys have the Bengals, the Steelers (Big Ben will probably be back by this game), the Saints, the Eagles, and ending in D.C.

Seahawks have the easiest schedule left, and they are 6-5. They will play the Bills and the Cardinals, as well as at St. Louis, against the 49ers and at Chicago this week (tough game). My problem is that I don't trust Russell Wilson. This team is going to go either 8-8 or 9-7.

As I continue to type this post, I am almost inclined to think that 8 games might be enough to win the 6th spot, and the team that makes it in is going to be a tired group, going into what amounts to a double digit 1st round underdog against either the Bears/Packers, or the Giants.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
I hate to think about it after watching the Packers last night. They better shape up because they lost to 49ers and Giants plus Seattle that fiasco could have an impact on the wildcard if Packers slip more. I'm hoping it was a blip and the Pack did beat the Bears/Lions already so hopefully they will again.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,897,804 times
It should be an exciting finish to the season.

I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are looking the best lately. They won several games in a row before losing a tight one to Atlanta. But their toughest games for the rest of the season are all on the road. The Saints were looking better on offense, but their defense is just terrible and the Niners beat them pretty easily. The Skins have two tough games coming up, then an easy finish. I think the Cowboys and Vikings are out. I'm not too sure about the Seahawks b/c I haven't really watched them much.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Seahawks, Bucs, Vikings, Skins, cowboys, Saints
all those teams lost this week, except for the Skins.

Next week's schedule is brutal for most of them as well:

Seahawks @ Bears

Bucs @ Broncos

Vikings @ STL (Rams played well last week)

Cowboys vs Eagles (Dallas should win)

Saints @ Falcons

Redskins vs Giants

Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
all those teams lost this week, except for the Skins.

Next week's schedule is brutal for most of them as well:

Seahawks @ Bears

Bucs @ Broncos

Vikings @ STL (Rams played well last week)

Cowboys vs Eagles (Dallas should win)

Saints @ Falcons

Redskins vs Giants
Actually the Vikings play the Packers next week, in Lambeau.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
oops, ur right. got my fantasy squads mixed up thinking that. division game AT lameau in December...yikes.

and the Pack are coming off an extreme butt-kicking on national television the week before...they might be pissed.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Hopefully "might be" is an understatement, Packers need to win these division games coming up big time!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:25 PM

This week's Vikings-Packers tilt is going to be huge, too bad there's no snow in the forecast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football