Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
Looks like it will be a AWESOME match up of 2 undefeated teams in a couple of weeks. Two bad that the Pats will have to go down on that day and we will once again show why the COLTS are the CHAMPS. SRY to all you Pats fans I will predict that a Moss blowup is coming soon. Probably before that game and will blow up the team at the same time.

It will be a close game but the mighty colts will be the winners
Randy Moss is finally winning....why would he blow up? There is no reason. The team is undefeated and shows no signs of slowing down. I am so sick of the negativity that everyone wants to be Randy Moss and TO. Yeah they both have histories. Yeah they may both be a little wacko, but now they are both in good situations and doing well. TO and Romo seem to be getting along ok for the moment. Tom Brady has a level of professionalism that wont allow Randy to go nuts. Not saying that its not going to happen, but why do we have to hope for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,055,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Randy Moss is finally winning....why would he blow up? There is no reason. The team is undefeated and shows no signs of slowing down. I am so sick of the negativity that everyone wants to be Randy Moss and TO. Yeah they both have histories. Yeah they may both be a little wacko, but now they are both in good situations and doing well. TO and Romo seem to be getting along ok for the moment. Tom Brady has a level of professionalism that wont allow Randy to go nuts. Not saying that its not going to happen, but why do we have to hope for it.
Sounds like you like everybody who's winning ummmmm.....Yeah, I think so!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,749 times
I think that we all have to remember that a win is a win wether it is by 42 or by 2. So we will just have to see what happens on Nov 4th it will be an awesome game.

and as for Moss and T "NO i cant catch under pressure" I dont think that i hope for it it is just inevidable(sp?) yes they have history with all teams and all qbs that they have been with so we will have to see what happens.

And Pats that would be great to happen before Nov. 4th Im not dumb

Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
When I speak of the Dolphins, I talk about their 1973 (I think?) shutout season. I think the Patriots have a very good shot at going the entire year undefeated, finally breaking that record.
It's possible, but probably not likely. It's just a different game than in the 70s. That's one reason I admire a team like the Patriots; it's so hard to do what they've done consistently over the past 7 years.

I like the Colts as well. They are the current champs and until someone knocks them off that perch, they will remain so.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
It's currently looking like the Patriots and Colts are separated from the pack. However, it's a long season...lots of injuries yet to come and the superbowl is just one game.

It would be kinda funny to have some NFC team playing mediocre ball right now get hot...blow through the playoffs and win the super bowl in an upset.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Sounds like you like everybody who's winning ummmmm.....Yeah, I think so!
Im a call it like I see it type of gal. I like the Steelers. That's my NFL team, but I'm not going to hope for a Randy Moss explosion so that we can win the Superbowl. It just frustrates me when everybody has something negative to say about everybody.
Btw....my fave college team is Notre Dame and they suck!!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:47 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,055,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Im a call it like I see it type of gal. I like the Steelers. That's my NFL team, but I'm not going to hope for a Randy Moss explosion so that we can win the Superbowl. It just frustrates me when everybody has something negative to say about everybody.
Btw....my fave college team is Notre Dame and they suck!!!!
Yeah, they suck this year but traditionaly they are usually good, well....perceived as that anyway. And you've mentioned that you also like the Cowboys but claim to be a Steelers fan!! I am not trying to pick on you but I've never met a Steelers fans that likes Dallas. Also, you've said that you like Duke basketball. So, I rest my case. However, you still have the coolest name on this board!

Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,632,418 times
Notre Dame hasn't won a bowl game since January of 1993... there are kids in high school today who have never been alive during a Notre Dame bowl victory!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Notre Dame hasn't won a bowl game since January of 1993... there are kids in high school today who have never been alive during a Notre Dame bowl victory!
That stat surprises me, as does the Cowboys not winning a playoff game since '96. I knew they were struggling for a while, but not that long of a while! Again, so glad to be a Pats Fan!!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Yeah, they suck this year but traditionaly they are usually good, well....perceived as that anyway. And you've mentioned that you also like the Cowboys but claim to be a Steelers fan!! I am not trying to pick on you but I've never met a Steelers fans that likes Dallas. Also, you've said that you like Duke basketball. So, I rest my case. However, you still have the coolest name on this board!
I dont like the Cowboys per say.....Im a huge fan of T.O. So I have to wish for the sucess of any team that he plays on. It was easy when he was Niner, really tough when he was an Eagle, and even worse now that he is a Cowboy. I hated the Cowboys during the Aikman and Irvin era. It like im kinda indifferent now. I dont cheer for them to lose every week like I do the Giants, the Ravens, the Browns, and the Worst the COLTS!!!! Thats the only week of the year that I cheer for the Pats to win. It's cool that the Cowboys are doing well. Long as we dont meet them in the Superbowl!

As far as Duke, dont know how that happened. Just latched on to them when I was younger. They havent been that great in the last few years. Hope they get it together soon. My fave baseball team is the Braves. They were good for awhile too.

The thing with me is Im not a fairweather fan. I support my teams even when they are not doing well. IE....The Braves and the Non-Fighting Irish. Still love the dudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football