Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,791,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
My pick for the wild card games -

Doesn't matter.
None of these wildcard scrubs stand a chance against the Falcons, Broncos, 49ers, or Patriots!!

The Packers are easily the best of the wildcard teams, but they don't match up well with the 49ers.

I will never pick the Bengals again as long as Andy Dalton is the QB. He throws long passes on 3rd down and short passes on 4th down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,521,182 times
I'm hoping we'll find that out next week! I'm not sold on the Falcons, Patriots/Broncos could be a real doozie.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,586,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm hoping we'll find that out next week! I'm not sold on the Falcons, Patriots/Broncos could be a real doozie.
Is anyone outside of Atlanta other than me sold on the Falcons?

Washington or Seattle... Doesn't matter. Atlanta wins. Monkey off back. Bring on SF for NFC championship.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,819,532 times
I really like the Falcons chances in the playoffs. Ever since they shut out the Giants (in a must win game for them), I finally realized how good the Falcons are.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I really like the Falcons chances in the playoffs. Ever since they shut out the Giants (in a must win game for them), I finally realized how good the Falcons are.

Yeah that was totally unexpected and I picked the Giants to win that game. Never in a million years would I have thought they would have gotten shut out.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM

It will be interesting because all the announcers are going to be saying next week, can the Falcons do it, as well as can the Packers beat San Fran when the 49ers beat the Packers at Lambeau 1st game of the season. Great playoffs this year!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
It will be interesting because all the announcers are going to be saying next week, can the Falcons do it, as well as can the Packers beat San Fran when the 49ers beat the Packers at Lambeau 1st game of the season. Great playoffs this year!

Packers surprised me because the way the defense looked on the Vikings first offensive possession I thought it would be a long night. But after that drive the Vikings never scored again when it mattered helping advance to the next round.

BTW: I noticed when Aaron Rodgers was shaking the Vikings players hands he was not making eye contact with them like he really had no interest in doing it. lol

Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,586,718 times
Quote:
Some sportswriters over at ESPN have already called the Falcons loss and they don't even have an opponent yet.

It's fun reading such garbage from the media who have spent far too much time talking about Manning, Rodgers and Brady.

If Atlanta brings their A game like they did against the Giants nobody will beat them. That game showed what they can do...

Looking forward to next week. Seattle or Washington... Obviously the Redskins are a more favorable opponent due to the Seahawks secondary but I think Atlanta wins against either team.

BTW... The only Seahawks road playoff win in team history was back in 1983 in Miami... Dan Marino's rookie season.

Last edited by Kees; 01-05-2013 at 10:34 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 AM

Looking forward to the Seahawk/'Skins game today. Everyone still on the Seattle bandwagon, we'll see how this game shapes up. I would like to see the Colts win, not sure if that is going to happen. Conversation taking place Pack can't beat 49ers, expected it and it will reach a fever pitch this week.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Looking forward to the Seahawk/'Skins game today. Everyone still on the Seattle bandwagon, we'll see how this game shapes up. I would like to see the Colts win, not sure if that is going to happen. Conversation taking place Pack can't beat 49ers, expected it and it will reach a fever pitch this week.

I would like to see the Colts win too and get to the second round so Peyton manning his old team. And I think the skins playing the Falcons is a more intriguing matchup than Seattle at Atlanta which is why I am pulling for the skins today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football