Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Agreed. I promise I'm not hating on Atlanta...but at this point, let's see some wins in the playoffs.

I respect the hell out of what the Falcons have done this year, and they've made January easier for themselves by playing at home. Honestly...I think SF is probably better than the Falcons, and would LOVE to see those two meet in Atlanta for the NFC Championship.
And if I had to bet on it I would say that Atlanta/SF is what you will see for the NFC championship.

Never mind the fact I am from Seattle... I spent the vast majority of my life in the south rooting for the Falcons ever since the days of Steve Bartkowski and William Andrews. My first ever game was 10/2/11 at CenturyLink... Falcons 30, Seahawks 28.

As for the playoffs... I know, I know... the Falcons are 0-3 under Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. The Falcons will have to win in the playoffs to silence the critics and I think this is the year they do exactly that. This team is the best team I've seen in recent years... new coordinators on both sides of the ball... Ryan has matured... more weapons namely Julio Jones... In their defense the 3 losses were to Super Bowl teams... 2 of which won it (Packers, Giants)... So yeah they lost.. to teams that nobody else beat either.

It's now 2012 and the Falcons are primed for a run.. and the road to the Super Bowl will be going through the Georgia Dome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
that works for me I don't like either of the Harbaughs anyway.

If it ain't the Redskins (which isn't likely), the only other teams I wanna see come out of the NFC would be the Packers or the Seahawks. I've fallen in love with Seattle this year. Wilson, Lynch, Tate, Rice...and that defense. and all that ****ing noise! Seattle is a nasty place to play.
Yes it most certainly is... the 'Hawks are my 2nd favorite team... meaning I root for them as long as they aren't playing the Falcons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 06:16 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Well, last night it sounded like the announcers were starting to jump on the Falcons bandwagon! I'm still not convinced, they were playing the Lions. Can't wait for the playoffs, maybe this the Falcons year.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well, last night it sounded like the announcers were starting to jump on the Falcons bandwagon! I'm still not convinced, they were playing the Lions. Can't wait for the playoffs, maybe this the Falcons year.
I think that too many people get wrapped around the axel about a team's past performance in the post-season. The Falcons are 0-3 in the post season, so they have something to prove, right? I suppose on one level it makes sense, but the reality is that 0-3 is meaningless THIS YEAR. They just have to go out and win the one playoff game in front of them. So they fell short before, but that does not mean that they are doomed this year.

And then on the other hand is the argument that they fold under pressure. We all expect more from a team that climbs to 13 wins in the regular season. But the truth is that good teams get beat in the NFL. And especially in the playoffs where every team is a good team or they wouldn't be there to begin with!

I think the Falcons stand a good chance of getting the playoff monkey off their back this year, be we'll see. One thing you cannot deny, the Falcons have gotten themselves a level higher than they once were. Prior to the Smith/Ryan regime, this team had never even enjoyed back to back winning seasons. Now they are one a 5 year run, with three straight playoff appearances. Now they need to get to the next level beyond that and see some success in the post season.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,426 times
Unfortunately I'm going to be in St. Louis visiting family so I'll probably be stuck watching the Bears-Cardinals game Thank God for the NFL mobile app.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think that too many people get wrapped around the axel about a team's past performance in the post-season. The Falcons are 0-3 in the post season, so they have something to prove, right? I suppose on one level it makes sense, but the reality is that 0-3 is meaningless THIS YEAR. They just have to go out and win the one playoff game in front of them. So they fell short before, but that does not mean that they are doomed this year.

And then on the other hand is the argument that they fold under pressure. We all expect more from a team that climbs to 13 wins in the regular season. But the truth is that good teams get beat in the NFL. And especially in the playoffs where every team is a good team or they wouldn't be there to begin with!

I think the Falcons stand a good chance of getting the playoff monkey off their back this year, be we'll see. One thing you cannot deny, the Falcons have gotten themselves a level higher than they once were. Prior to the Smith/Ryan regime, this team had never even enjoyed back to back winning seasons. Now they are one a 5 year run, with three straight playoff appearances. Now they need to get to the next level beyond that and see some success in the post season.
You are 100% right... as a Falcons fan I am tired of hearing about 0-3 in the playoffs. They lost to some good teams that were on fire entering the playoffs... all 3 made the Super Bowl with 2 winning it.

This is 2012 and we don't live in the past. The team has improved with new coaching and I think they make a run this year.

BTW, there is another QB out there who started his career 0-3 in the playoffs... Peyton Manning.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
I remember hearing this statement last night

"The Falcons won't have play outdoors the rest the season"

What does that mean?-LOL

Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 AM

88 posts, read 128,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I remember hearing this statement last night

"The Falcons won't have play outdoors the rest the season"

What does that mean?-LOL
Translating through the bad grammar, it means that the Falcons will be in a dome be it the Georgia Dome and possibly the Superdome where the Super Bowl is held if we make it that far through the playoffs since we have home field advantage throughout.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooktheoriginal View Post
Translating through the bad grammar, it means that the Falcons will be in a dome be it the Georgia Dome and possibly the Superdome where the Super Bowl is held if we make it that far through the playoffs since we have home field advantage throughout.

I know all of that, what I meant was why does that matter because HFA doesn't not mean you go to the Superbowl automatically

Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Unfortunately I'm going to be in St. Louis visiting family so I'll probably be stuck watching the Bears-Cardinals game Thank God for the NFL mobile app.

Thank God for the NFL Red zone channel as well.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Thank God for the NFL Red zone channel as well.

My only criticism of the channel is there is no reason they should be going to the Panthers/raiders game since both teams are not in the playoff picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football