Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 AM

32,091 posts, read 34,696,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Complete reconstruction of the knee. Repair LCL, and apparently the fixed acl from 2009 had "come undone."

Dr. andrews is considered the best ortho surgeon in the country. His words were 6-8 months, so thats what im gonna roll with.

Heres to a speedy recovery, Robert!
Unfortunately, he will never have the same explosiveness. They're going to have to take a graft from his other knee, which means he'll technically have surgery on both knees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,724,581 times
Obviously 'getting back to 100%' is somewhat absolute best case scenerio and in my mind wishful thinking......

Was AP's injury/surgery similar to what RGIII is having done? I'll admit I don't know the details, just know he had major surgery and looks very good now...I don't think that's the norm, but what do I know...

Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Yep. he'll probably still be quick and elusive in the pocket, but he won't have that true sprinter speed. he'll still be able to scramble for some yards, but i doubt he'll ever do this again

Look at this dude!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,560 times
I hope the 6-8 months prognosis is accurate. If so he should be ready to roll opening day. As a Cowboy fan I am hoping for a sophomore jinx.. preferably one without an asterisk.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
these are the real reasons, from experts...[that excludes you]
Poor coaching
Poor playcalling
Poor offensive line
Poor running game
Poor receivers
Stupid bias fans reasons
he has no brain
he throws a ton of picks
etc...
Put rodgers manning on the bears and they fail...
okay...now you know... well again, if peyton gets injured do you sit him?or watch him get injured more?thats what this threads about, Dah
Quote: "if Peyton gets injured do you sit him? Or watch him get injured more? that's what this thread's about, dah.."

False. This thread is about RG3, not Peyton Manning. Kindly stay on the topic of this thread (which you started by the way) or this thread goes down!

And NO personal attacks.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 AM

139 posts, read 142,067 times
Some come back, some dont. But we arent medical experts so it's pretty hard to compare injuries.
Adrian Petersen came back, but Daunte Culpepper came back too soon.
Unfortunately, the previous injury, which I didnt know about until now, makes him vulnerable to injuries in the future.
Good news for Cowboy fans because I sure wasnt looking forward to facing him in coming seasons.
Bad news for RG and the Skins fans.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,883,453 times
Bottom line, if he comes back and is still able to play at a high level, the gimmickry needs to stop. These college-based, option-style offenses with running QBs may be exciting, but they're not sustainable in the NFL. Franchise QBs cost way too much money to have their careers shortened by taking a beating running the ball 10+ times per game.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM

139 posts, read 142,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Bottom line, if he comes back and is still able to play at a high level, the gimmickry needs to stop. These college-based, option-style offenses with running QBs may be exciting, but they're not sustainable in the NFL. Franchise QBs cost way too much money to have their careers shortened by taking a beating running the ball 10+ times per game.
I hear you. They keep talking about it being the wave of the future. It will be a short wave if it is.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,793,722 times
To borrow a pun, this story is quickly growing legs. An interesting take by Mike Freeman on CBS Sports on how the player's association is perceiving this chain of events, and how the injury might inadvertently aid the monitoring of concussions on the sidelines:

Ten-Point Stance: Why RG3 injury could lead to changes on sidelines - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,465,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yep. he'll probably still be quick and elusive in the pocket, but he won't have that true sprinter speed. he'll still be able to scramble for some yards, but i doubt he'll ever do this again

Look at this dude!!!
Why not? He was able to do this after having his first ACL injury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football