Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this should be split in 2 threads..?

I know everyone will have a different take because of how different all football fans are, however I really paid attention this year moreso than most to the commercials..

Loved the Taco Bell commercial w/the old people..(old man getting a tat on his back was freakin hilarious....)

The kid who got the black eye at the prom was funny, also the guy from Minnesota w/the Jamaican accent...cracked up at that one..

some of the misses...Bar Rafeli (sp?) was freakin hot but kissing that dork made me want to puke...

Liked the theme of the Paul Harvey/Farmer commercial, but it was WAY too long....

Regarding Beyonce, just have to say Jay-Z is one lucky dude....very booty-licious....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,022,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Not sure if this should be split in 2 threads..?

I know everyone will have a different take because of how different all football fans are, however I really paid attention this year moreso than most to the commercials..

Loved the Taco Bell commercial w/the old people..(old man getting a tat on his back was freakin hilarious....)

The kid who got the black eye at the prom was funny, also the guy from Minnesota w/the Jamaican accent...cracked up at that one..

some of the misses...Bar Rafeli (sp?) was freakin hot but kissing that dork made me want to puke...

Liked the theme of the Paul Harvey/Farmer commercial, but it was WAY too long....

Regarding Beyonce, just have to say Jay-Z is one lucky dude....very booty-licious....

Taco Bell~~Loved
Go Daddy~~Sucked
Budweiser~~Loved
Paul Harvey~~Loved

1/2 time show~~meh

Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Taco Bell~~Loved
Go Daddy~~Sucked
Budweiser~~Loved
Paul Harvey~~Loved

1/2 time show~~meh
Alot of my FB friends didn't like the HT show because of the 'risque' outfit she (Beyonce) wore....my thought is that that's who she is....she's got a killer body, great stage presence, and a great voice...the whole package...

Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,276 times
I wasn't a huge fan of any of the commercials this year, but I think the problem is you build yourself up to much to expect something amazing. Usually the commercials just try too hard and I understand it's hard to be funny and sell your product in 30 seconds. The Paul Harvey one was nice but it really didn't make me want to buy a truck. It made me want to hug my farming ancestors and not much more.

The halftime show wasn't great, wasn't horrible. At least it wasn't near as bad as the Black Eyed Peas. Did anyone else notice Kelly Rowlands and Michelle Williams mics seemed about half the volume compared to Beyonce??

Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
What I remembered...

Go Daddy...

Paul Harvey/Dodge...

Samsung/two goofy ad guys/LeBron...

Leon Sandcastle...

Tide/Joe Montana stain washed by Ravens fan wife...

SB Commercials

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
As a VW retiree, I liked the VW and Audi ads! I thought the stain one was great, too and Budweiser always has good ads. GoDaddy has stooped to a lower level, very bad and I'm about as easy going, open minded as you can get.

I liked the halftime show, she is a performer, plays to the audience, no doubt it was live! She isn't Tina Turner (one of my favs) but good nonetheless.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,644 times
I'm manly enough to admit I almost teared up a little:

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I'm manly enough to admit I almost teared up a little:
Where I used to work (20+ years ago) I was able to see the Clydesdales up close every day. Would see them train and exercise on occasion. They are beautiful and impressive.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Where I used to work (20+ years ago) I was able to see the Clydesdales up close every day. Would see them train and exercise on occasion. They are beautiful and impressive.
I come from a horse-y family; my sister's an avid show jumper and my mom has two horses, and I volunteer at a draft horse rescue farm where they have a few Clydes. They're huge and quite powerful, but many are as kind and gentle as could be.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
My favorite ads were (in order):

Whole Again (soldiers)
Farmers
Clydesdales
Seniors

Halftime show was meh.

I think Sean Peyton unplugged the lights as he muttered, "Take THIS, Roger Goodell!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football