Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:48 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
I will say that Favre is one of the best that I have ever seen, but like many great QB's he had the benefit of an excellent O-Line.
Montana was very good, but take away that defense, Roger Craig, Jerry Rice and Bill Walsh and he is above average, at best.
Then there is Dan Marino...
He never had a defense.
He had two good WR's (Duper and Clayton) early in his career.
He never had a running game.
He had a fair, at best, O-Line.
During his entire career Dan only played with one HOFer...Dwight Stephenson, and that was for only three years.
Maybe I am a bit biased (see my sn...LOL), but watching Dan was an event!
By that criteria, then, guess how many HoF (or Hof LIKELY) linemen Favre has played with during his career? Yep- none. I think it goes without saying that great QBs need at least decent offensive linemen. That Marino had few Hall of Famers in front of him means virtually nothing IMO...

Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
mb919 wrote:
Nice list. I'd leave off Aikman and Bradshaw (both were IMO good QBs on great teams whose greatest strengths lied elsewhere), and replace them with Steve Young and Otto Graham.
Your argument has merit. I thought of putting Steve Young on the list, and I also though of Jim Kelly and Joe Namath. Otto Graham was before my time, so I only know what I read about him, which makes me reluctant to put him on my list. He may well deserve to be on it.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-20-2007, 10:50 AM

828 posts, read 3,137,695 times
I actually thought that Steve Young was much better than Montana.
As for Namath, he had one great season and one good one. He threw more Interceptions than TD's. Put him in the Midwest instead of the East Coast and he is not in the HOF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football