Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM

3,870 posts, read 4,086,661 times

Advertisements

to Eric Mangina for giving the Pats their desire to destroy the league in such vicious ways. What we are witnessing people, is the best team to ever walk out on the field(all due respect to the '85 Bears), so sit back and enjoy(unless you are a Colts fan) its going to be a Super ride! Hey Eric, thanks again! GO PATS!!!!

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-29-2007 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 04:45 PM

262 posts, read 301,181 times
Quote:
to Eric Mangina for giving the Pats their desire to destroy the league in such vicious ways. What we are witnessing people, is the best team to ever walk out on the field(all due respect to the '85 Bears), so sit back and enjoy(unless you are a Colts fan) its going to be a Super ride! Hey Eric, thanks again! GO PATS!!!!
Lol hilarius i also wanna take this chance to give my prediction for next weeks game 42-28 Pats....Go Pats

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-29-2007 at 08:26 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,068,673 times
They may be the best team on the field but they have no class what so ever. It all starts with the headcoach, he just might be the most classless hall of fame coach ever. Up by 40+, on forth down, come on...have some class. Joe Gibbs handled it very well, they can win all the games they want but they show no respect and have no class, that's the bottom line.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
They may be the best team on the field but they have no class what so ever. It all starts with the headcoach, he just might be the most classless hall of fame coach ever. Up by 40+, on forth down, come on...have some class. Joe Gibbs handled it very well, they can win all the games they want but they show no respect and have no class, that's the bottom line.
Sounds as if the fans and some of the players on the Skins are becoming very LTish.......thats not a good thing. If the players didn't want the score to be so high, all they had to do was stop them. Well they couldn't, and the final score was there in the end. I agree with Tom Jackson saying players need to stop talking in the locker room, and let their play do the talking on the field.(paraphrasing a little) I think its great what the Pats are doing, though biased, they are really giving it to the league and I hope they continue to demoralize everyone they face. I think BB had a little sit down with the team and said...."you tell them(the NFL) Hell is coming with us!" Cause man, they are laying a beat down on everyone! Next up, the Defending, Undefeated, Super Bowl Champs at home, and they're the dog this week..........loving it! I have to agree with another poster when they said the Colts will be turned into glue this coming Sunday. Now thats comedy! GO PATS!!!! Pats 48 Elmers 24

Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 PM

384 posts, read 1,133,163 times
Why should the Patriots show class? They have succeeded in humiliating the last two teams they faced, creating an aura of invincibility around them that is giving them a competitive advantage. No one expects them to lose now, no one. And that could be a bad thing, but in this case it isn't.

If the Skins didn't want to lose 52 to 7, then they would have stopped sucking so bad. But they didn't, and they deserve what they got for being a loser team.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,950,812 times
If he would have kicked a field goal instead of going for it on fourth down people would have probably complained about that as well, saying he should have gone for it. If a team is rolling and doing everything right, then it's hard to take the foot off the pedal. I'm a Dolphin fan, but am impressed with the Patriots and am glad to see the AFC kicking the NFC's butts all over the field like the NFC did for so many years throughout the 80s and much of the 90s. Yeah, I still remember and relish the dominance of the AFC over the NFC these days.

I do like the Bears, however, because they do have really great fans.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,640,311 times
Best team ever? Not. They are playing damn good though. As for Belichek not having any class at all, that is fact. He is a confirmed cheater, in a game that he didn't even need to cheat in to win. How classless can you get?

The players are good though, and handle themselves well considering their coach is low class. I wouldn't be so fast to crown the Patriots as God yet, its midway through the season, and injuries happen. Especially when you keep your starters on the field in the 4th quarter with a massive lead. Karma is a bitc*.

Anyway, the Cowboys of the 90's and the 49ers of the 80's would have eaten the Patriots for lunch. I would hardly call them the best ever, only one of the best in a long time.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Best team ever? Not. They are playing damn good though. As for Belichek not having any class at all, that is fact. He is a confirmed cheater, in a game that he didn't even need to cheat in to win. How classless can you get?

The players are good though, and handle themselves well considering their coach is low class. I wouldn't be so fast to crown the Patriots as God yet, its midway through the season, and injuries happen. Especially when you keep your starters on the field in the 4th quarter with a massive lead. Karma is a bitc*.

Anyway, the Cowboys of the 90's and the 49ers of the 80's would have eaten the Patriots for lunch. I would hardly call them the best ever, only one of the best in a long time.

I disagree with your above statement, but everyone has their opinion, no matter how delusional.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,640,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I disagree with your above statement, but everyone has their opinion, no matter how delusional.
Okay, maybe the 49ers or Cowboys wouldn't have eaten the Patriots for lunch, but the would have stood a very good chance of beating them. The 89 SF 49ers lost 2 games by a total of 5 points. But most impressively was post season. I had to look up the actual scores, but I did remember it being a foregone conclusion that they would demolish Denver. They beat the Vikings 41-13, then the Rams 30-3, then crushed Denver 55-10 in the Superbowl. Thats a 3 game margin of victory of 100 points in the playoffs!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,711,416 times
Late 90's Broncos are near the top of the "best ever" list. This years Patriots seem really good, but let's wait till the end of the season before we crown them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football