Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 AM

384 posts, read 1,132,365 times

Advertisements

No I agree, I like the Pats but Bellichick is a huge *******. And a cheat as far as I'm concerned, but I'm not going to let his bad blood spill over on the Patriots, who are amazing.

And I did actually end up watching the game, and think those ref's deserve a huge kick in the balls. Some bull**** calls and the game was heavily biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 05:37 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
We have every right to whine because they almost lost because of horendes calls that almost let the lesser team win o and quit your whining about Beilichick you guys lost the game shouldent you be complaning about your fourth quater callaspe.
Whatever dude! You won the Freaking game! Geeeeeeez

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 11-05-2007 at 05:50 AM..

Old 11-05-2007, 05:51 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Except at the end when it came time to shake hands and act like you've won before. Very classy coach you have there.

And quit whining about the officiating, you WON the freaking game, do you guys ever stop complaining? You won the game, you're 9-0 and still whining, I'd hate to see you guys 3-13. Lighten up!
With what Dungy said after "spygate", he deserved the cold shoulder, and as far as the refs go............pathetic. I thought I was watching a Michael Jordan game there for a little while. The better team won in the end, even if it was 11 against 18. Enjoy the Bye week Pats, you deserve it.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:20 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
The irony of Patriot fans whining about bad officiating while they will defend the "tuck" ruling to the ends of the earth!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:38 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,865 times
ok well here i go The so unstopple Pats almost got stopped and yes i know that the key word is almost. but it was not a blow out like i said and yes the COLTS missed Harrision very badly but as X said not excuses. And I will have to say the the Pats have a very good chance of going undefeated this year because they dont play very good teams the rest of the year. A couple of worthy app. but probably not.

And i said before that i liked brady well after this game i think he is a whiner like the rest of his fans on this forum. A call is a call and him barking at the ref when the game was over was just plain STUPID I thought he was a little above that but i was wrong. and as for billi(i dont care how you spell it) he is an idiot crybaby with not a hint of professionallism in his body. Blowing off Dungy like that , what is he like 12 years old or something what a JERK

and thats all i got to say about that

Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
With what Dungy said after "spygate", he deserved the cold shoulder, and as far as the refs go............pathetic. I thought I was watching a Michael Jordan game there for a little while. The better team won in the end, even if it was 11 against 18. Enjoy the Bye week Pats, you deserve it.
WHAT?? Dungy said nothing wrong after that whole thing to be treated like that. Come on dude, act like you've won before. It really is ironic that your whole "dynasty" thing started on a very very bad call. It was a FUMBLE....

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 11-05-2007 at 07:06 AM..

Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
WHAT?? Dungy said nothing wrong after that whole thing to be treated like that. Come on dude, act like you've won before. It really is ironic that your whole "dynasty" thing started on a very very bad call. It was a FUMBLE for sure.

Not according to the rule that was in the books at that time. Now on the other hand, I believe when you tackle a player trying to make an interception in the end zone, that should be pass interference. One of a few "questionable calls" that were sprinkled throughout the game. I just heard this was a first year officiating crew on that game, how does the NFL let a first year crew have possibly the biggest regular season game in about 20 years? Interesting to say the least. Being that the Pats didn't cover, like I said earlier, the refs still made their money. Vegas rules baby!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Not according to the rule that was in the books at that time. Now on the other hand, I believe when you tackle a player trying to make an interception in the end zone, that should be pass interference. One of a few "questionable calls" that were sprinkled throughout the game. I just heard this was a first year officiating crew on that game, how does the NFL let a first year crew have possibly the biggest regular season game in about 20 years? Interesting to say the least. Being that the Pats didn't cover, like I said earlier, the refs still made their money. Vegas rules baby!

Well, if you want to talk about calls, there were some bad ones against the Colts too. I agree with you that the SECOND interference call was a TERRIBLE call, however, Moss' first TD should have been an offensive interference which wasn't called, he clearly shoved the defender out of the way. Also, there was atleast a 5 yard face mask on Addai in the 3rd quarter that wasn't called, not to mention the numerous holdings on the line. I can recall atleast 3 instances where Mathis and Freeney were being held at the line.

My point is not to make excuses, the better team won but hinsight is always 20/20, the glass is both half full and half empty depending on who's looking at it.

Good game overall though, lived up to the hype. I'm looking foward to these teams playing again in January, hopfully.

Congratulations to all of you Patriots fans, you have a lot to cheer for, also to Colts fans, this is a great team and they played very well yesterday. Also, thank you everybody for arguing your case on this thread in a very positive and grown up way unlike many other forums I've seen on other sites. Cheers to all of us!! This forum is full of a lot of classy sports fans!!

Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,865 times
No i would love to see these 2 meet in the playoffs but what would be even better is if the Pats get a big ol head and lose in the first round to some no name team Ha Ha would be funny tho

Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
The outcome of that game was generally not a huge deal. How the teams do with injuries down the stretch will be the key. While I think that currently the pats are a slightly better team (and I saw bad calls BOTH ways)...a lot can happen and any given game could go either way.

If you want an example of what injuries can do....look at the Bears defense at this point last season to where they are right now. They've fallen from a top 1-2 defense to somewhere in the middle.

Lots of talk for this stage of the game....don't jinx yourselves anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football