Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:08 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times

Advertisements

Okay..okay boys and girls, it's finally here, the annual Pats and Colts game is here. This has turned into a great rivalry which brings a lot of heated emotions out of folks (me included ) so lets have fun but keep it clean.

Ya'll know where I stand, I can't stand the Pats especially their headcoach, I'm still reeling about my Redskins getting their butts kicked to the ground and dragged out around the city several times. With that said, I really think the Colts are going to pull this one out, I've been wrong a lot before so I'm sure I'll hear about it if I'm wrong (hint..hint...Patsfan 20) .

I"m going with 38-35 Colts. What do you guys think? I want to hear scores, feelings, speculations, side notes, whatever you got. Get mad..get emotional, get bent, whatever but keep it clean . Cheers!

Go Blue!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
I'll start by saying I'm glad you started this thread, and it'll be clean. Just so yah know, I am a realist and understand the Colts are defending Champs, and an all around great team. Man, did that hurt to write, but its true. That being said, the Pats are at a level I have not seen in my 20 years of intently watching football. It is unprecedented! How can you stop them, I suppose you could try and throw Brady's timing off, but that O-line is remarkable right now. Do they try and use a cover 2, don't think that'll do it. The one who will make a difference in this game will be Kevin Faulk. His ability to bounce off a tackle and get open in the flat with his quickness, will be the "x-factor". You can make the argument that Adai could do the same thing, he has and he can. The Pats will implement Faulk in a multitude of ways, whether it be screens, quick slants, or maybe even a flea flicka or two. How I do love the 'ol flea flicka! Brady will be Brady, and Manning will be Manning, both fantastic QBs. Who will be the intangible? Lets watch and find out, its going to be a wicked hum dingah! A little change from my prediction earlier............I'll go Pats 48 / Colts 28

Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Get mad..get emotional, get bent, whatever but keep it clean .

First off, you crack me up!! All I know is this is going to be the game of the season. I cant wait to watch....I have no prediction because every time I open my big mouth I tend to jinx something...LMAO! I'm going to sit back, eat pizza, and watch the game

Old 10-30-2007, 11:23 PM

107 posts, read 432,157 times
guess The REAL 81 will be MVP HA hah ha ha ha PAT 41 Colt 28 HAppy Trails

Old 10-31-2007, 04:50 AM

262 posts, read 300,044 times
Quote:
"Im going with 38-35 Colts. What do you guys think? I want to hear scores, feelings, speculations, side notes, whatever you got. Get mad..get emotional, get bent, whatever but keep it clean . Cheers!
Well your wrong again i know the colts are defending champs and im probally gonna get yelled at for saying this but i really think this is gonna be no match for the patriots its like there varsity and everyone else is JV including the Colts i dont think the colts can stop all of the patriots weapons they will try to stop the deep routes so brady will through underneath the Welker and Stallworth or Watson they will try to stop that and Moss is gonna get left 1 on 1 or 1 one 2 and score that way then they also have the screen pass to Faulk Stallworth and Moroney and even though they dont use it much they have a good running game My prediction 42-24 Patriots

Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
First off, you crack me up!! All I know is this is going to be the game of the season. I cant wait to watch....I have no prediction because every time I open my big mouth I tend to jinx something...LMAO! I'm going to sit back, eat pizza, and watch the game
I like your approach!! Sounds like you have a good plan, I hope there is beer to go with the Pizza!! How's the hubby? Is he over Sunday yet? Cheers!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 AM

We've heard from Patriot fans, lets hear it from the Colts fans.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,865 times
Well I said it in another thread I think that it will be a close game and it will come down to a field goal by ADAM and the colts will win. I see NO WAY that is will be a blow out on either side. The colts have one of the best DB core in the game this year. and i am sure that Moss will get his catches but no blow out. Harrison will be back along with most that have been injured this year. So just like it has been said Buckle up and watch it is going to be a great game

Old 10-31-2007, 03:33 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,365 times
I am a Patriots fan, and although I like the Colts I think the Patriots are on a level of their own. You have football and then you have the Patriots, and besides the last game for the Colts I haven't seen anything remotely as amazing as some of these Patriot victories. I think each game they pick up more momentum and make the game look easy.

Patriots, 45-24.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:18 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,460,166 times
I'm gonna retract my previous prediction and say Cut-that-Meat will beat the Pats' 42-37.

I'm watching reruns of the AFC Championship game on NFLHD and it's hard to fathom that the Chowds' could still lose that game with all that cheating. With a significantly less amount of cheating in this 7-0 vs 8-0 epic matchup, Colts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football