Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:34 PM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I suggest Mr. Snyder change the name to the Washington Foreskins to pay tribute to the prixx in Congress.

Here are more political correctness matters to consider: I too am insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One could argue that to name a pro sports team after Native Americans would refer to them as fine warriors and brave fighters, but no.

We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of brotherhood we must move on and ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians.

If your panties are in a twist because the name Redskins refers to skin color, then let's also get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously refers to militant Blacks from the 1960s. Gone. It's offensive to whites.

The New York Yankees offend Southerners. After all, there is no team named for the Confederacy. Let's make no reference to a tragic war that cost this country so many lives.

I don't like references to religion in our sports team names. It's bogus to have Saints, Angels or Padres.

How AWFUL that team names glorify criminals. Let's dump the Raiders, Vikings, Buccaneers, Pirates and the NHL's Predators!

Wives and children are led astray by the Chargers, a name promoting irresponsible spending. So wrong.

The New York Giants and San Francisco Giants promote overeating and obesity, a growing epidemic. It's such a bad message, can't we call one of these teams the Organics, or the Egg Beaters?

This is a democracy, no blue bloods here, so out go the Kings and Royals. A pox on monarchies.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to young people and the gullible.

The Milwaukee Brewers .... it goes without saying . . . don't glorify drinking in a land where alcohol causes such heartache.

Car lovers hate putting up with the NBA's Indiana Pacers, since the Pacer was one of the worst cars ever to die on our city streets. Don't even think of naming your team the Pintos/

So, there we are. Please support legislation to fix these team names, because only the government has the power to protect us from such bad thinking. Economic recovery, jobs, immigration reform... pish tosh ... those non-issues can wait while our fearless congress addresses the grievous horror of team names.

As an Oregon State fan, we need to change the women's teams in Oregon to something other than "The Beavers." It's a hairy issue but we can do better.
Would you be okay with the name if they were called the Washington Blackskins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 03:42 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Would you be okay with the name if they were called the Washington Blackskins?
Don't you understand that what I posted was HUMOR?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:08 PM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
No, I'm all about the truth. I guess I missed something. Re-reading I obviously did.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:40 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
way to revive a dead thread only to prove you're not very good at it

Old 06-10-2014, 02:45 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
No, I'm all about the truth. I guess I missed something. Re-reading I obviously did.
You should probably see about getting a sense of humor. Life's too short to be stressed out and serious all the time.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:47 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
You should probably see about getting a sense of humor. Life's too short to be stressed out and serious all the time.
Mike shouldn't quit his day job.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
It's been the Redskins for so long, if Daniel Snyder doesn't think there is an issue with it, maybe he could rename them the Whiteskins!!!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Just One Of The Guys shouldn't quit his day job.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:54 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
It's been the Redskins for so long, if Daniel Snyder doesn't think there is an issue with it, maybe he could rename them the Whiteskins!!!
What's your opinion on the Boston "Celtics" and Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" names? Do you think that could be offensive to Irish Americans?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:10 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,339 times
Default catholic scum

Irish are catholic scum. As a Judea-Protestant nation we can put the catholic scum down with impunity. You will never hear about any catholic being victimized. As soon as they are feeling victimized we can just switch up the conversation and consider them privileged whites which would end the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
What's your opinion on the Boston "Celtics" and Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" names? Do you think that could be offensive to Irish Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football