Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times

Advertisements

I love this Jason Whitlock piece: Jonathan Martin walked into a twisted world led by Incognito - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 01:04 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
the more i found out the more i think jonathan martin is just a goddamn wussy. the going to the hospital crap all just preparing for a lawsuit to make a rich family richer.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:08 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I've read your posts...and I don't get it. So since Martin is 300lbs and plays for the NFL he should just beat down Incognito? Then everyone will play nice? The NFL is a GAME and it's a job-so Martin should just act like the neanderthal Incognito is?

So if your son or daughter came home and told you he/she was being bullied in gym class -you will tell them...well it's gym class that's the way people act in gym class..?

First off the coaching staff was in on it-second off, Incognito is a racist (please don't get me started on the whole "oh he had black friends bullsh**). He should be removed from the NFL period. Plus, he should be tested for steroids-

Martin is the real man in this situation because he removed himself from a toxic work enviroment and didn't take matter in his own hands, which could have easily haunted him for the rest of his life.

Miami seems to be acting like the U. in the 80's..they need a PR rescue asap.
all i hear from teens and my guys age is the n word. im not comfortable with it and don't say it but whites, hispanics all use the word now. incognito is not a racist

Old 11-08-2013, 01:12 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Come on. Who doesn't love Incognito? Seems like such a nice guy.

The 34-year-old volunteer told police Incognito had been drinking and was "acting very inappropriate towards her," and that she went to police after Incognito said he wouldn't apologize.

The report states that the volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post

The 34-year-old volunteer told police Incognito had been drinking and was "acting very inappropriate towards her," and that she went to police after Incognito said he wouldn't apologize.

The report states that the volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."
hey, man up volunteer...she shoulda knocked the crap out of the bully instead of running off to momma!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:40 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Thin skinned cry baby...you either fight back or show that it doesn't bother you....(or in his case run under mommys skirt)
People like you that mock others that are in real abuse situations probably would have run away and cried after the first hour of such treatment. Martin was real tough under the circumstances and only reported it when it got to a sickening level with the racial slur and then the death threat (btw, that is illegal)!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post

That is an assault pure and simple. A police officer needs to be fired for not arresting Incognito, too. You are not putting us on, are you? Is this what really happened? If so, he should have been handcuffed and questioned. It would not surprise me if he "paid" his way out of it under the table (can't prove it, though).

Old 11-08-2013, 03:24 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
That is an assault pure and simple. A police officer needs to be fired for not arresting Incognito, too. You are not putting us on, are you? Is this what really happened? If so, he should have been handcuffed and questioned. It would not surprise me if he "paid" his way out of it under the table (can't prove it, though).
I'm pretty sure he did pay her off. Here is from another article:

The woman, who is black, told several media outlets she has declined to talk because she had signed a confidentiality agreement.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:34 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,635 times
Default Knock the crap out of out giant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hey, man up volunteer...she shoulda knocked the crap out of the bully instead of running off to momma!
This is a little woman, even if she was a big woman, trying to knockout an offensive lineman. Really?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Shame on the Dolphins

I think what this young man endured was unreasonable. He's obviously a dignified man, an excellent athlete, and a stellar human being. He may not by your typical grunt, loud-mouth NFLer, but appears to quietly go about his work. Quiet intensity defines him. I think he was right not to retaliate to cavemen by acting like a damn caveman. I applaud him for rejecting the organization and leaving.

When you are a high-class individual who goes about his work, understands the dignity of a man, works hard, and lets that speak for itself, you are in the superior position to turn your back on a pathetic, low-class organization that fails to provide an environment so you can excel AS YOU ARE.

Here, I wouldn't use the term "bullied", more like harassed. Martin was harassed and prevented from doing his job. Shame on the incredibly low class Dolphins' organization for not being the type of place that a fine athlete like Martin can excel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football