Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times

Advertisements

The Titans, now at 4-5 look to be in trouble now. They lost to Jacksonville 29-27, giving the Jaguars their first win of the season. Quarterback Jake Locker got knocked out early and is out for the season. Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't have too bad a game though, going 22 for 33 for 264 yards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 04:47 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
With the Dolphins losing last night the Jets slide into the #6 seed for now. Behind them is what seems like half the AFC at 4-5! The Dolphins, Titans, Chargers, Browns and Ravens are all sitting at 4-5. At the top of the conference the playoff seeding looks like this:

Chiefs: 9-0

Patriots: 7-2

Colts: 6-3

Bengals: 6-4

Broncos: 8-1

Jets: 5-4

Some divisional matchups this coming weekend can really go a long way toward shaping the playoff picture the rest of the way. The Browns play the Bengals and the Colts play the Titans. But probably the biggest game this week is the Broncos and Chiefs.

This should be a good week in the NFL!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:27 AM

513 posts, read 695,780 times
I think the top 5 is basically locked up at this point, although the order could easily change. The jets will probably hold onto the 6th spot as well. Pretty open race at this point. The Chiefs and Broncos have looked the best so far, but I am not sure if the Chiefs offense is good enough to beat the elite teams and I do not trust Peyton in the playoffs. Bengals and Jets are a roller coaster week in and week out and the Patriots defense is obliterated at this point.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:38 PM

The Bengals solidified their hold on the AFC North with a win over the Browns. A Browns win in that one could have really shaken up the playoff picture moving forward, but the Bengals handled their business.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:22 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Tonite just proves one thing.....The Chiefs were not a true 9-0 because of their soft schedule......just like the Broncos were before they played the Colts.
Yeah, I see your point. The Broncos are playing the slow-starting NFC North and the Slow-Starting AFC North this year... partly because they had to play the Broncos! er wait! Now the Bolts and Dolphins and Stl Rams... that's gotta be tough. I'm impressed right there.

But no fear. Lot's of football to be played yet. Well, better go get some hot cocoa and a blankie for Peyton's cold feetie weeties. You know how that guy melts away during the cold weather. Gotta get him ready for yet another meaningless regular season game against Brady n co... wait a minute!

A worthy opponent, whatdoyaknow?

Good "Luck" to them not-so-real Chiefs after we warm em up for ya. Don't worry about their pass rush. Although tough, they weren't the cheap-shot artists your team was with after the whistle knock-downs on the qb and all... oh, imo of course.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM

After another week in the books, the playoff picture looks a little different:

Broncos: 9-1

Colts: 7-3

Patriots: 7-3

Bengals: 7-4

Chiefs: 9-1

Jets: 5-5

Others:

Dolphins: 5-5

Raiders, Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Chargers: 4-6

And the Bills remain a long shot at 4-7.

Most notably this week the Chiefs and Patriots fell out of the top seed, replaced by the Broncos and Colts. Keep in mind, the Bengals have a tie breaker over the Patriots, so if the Patriots can't beat the Broncos this week, the Bengals move up a spot. Then again, if the Broncos can't beat the Patriots and the Chiefs handle their business against the Chargers at home, the Broncos slide back into the #5 spot and the Chiefs are back in the #1 spot.

And then there is the battle of roughly half the conference gunning for that last playoff spot. I love it when the season shapes up like this. There is still a lot that can change in this playoff slate, and this is the time of year when it really begins to get exciting.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:41 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,926 times
Right now I think there is a fairly strong possibility the second AFC wild-card team will finish with an 8-8 record. Strangely enough, the 4-6 team in the best position right now, at least in terms of tiebreakers is...the Raiders.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:06 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Right now I think there is a fairly strong possibility the second AFC wild-card team will finish with an 8-8 record. Strangely enough, the 4-6 team in the best position right now, at least in terms of tiebreakers is...the Raiders.
I'd be shocked if that were the case. Just so many teams at 4-6 or 5-5. Odds are one will get hot and finish 9-7. But it does seem to be a down year this year for the last wild card spot. Typically right now we are probably looking at a couple 6-4 teams.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 AM

Some changes in the playoff seeds this week, with the seeds sown to really shake it up down the stretch. The Broncos are still on top of the pile but they don't have a lot of breathing room with just a one game lead on the Pats and of course the Chiefs also sitting even with them at 9-2. In other news the Colts appear to me to be the most flawed of the playoff locks. Twice in three games they have been railed by a combined score of 78-19. They clearly miss Wayne and I don't see them getting out of the first round. But so much changes from week to week, so by the time the playoffs begin this could all be very different. Right now it looks like this:

Broncos: 9-2

Patriots: 8-3

Colts: 7-4

Chiefs: 9-2

Titans: 5-6

Also in the hunt at 5-6:

Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Dolphins.

Still in it but with hope quickly fading, these teams are 4-7:

Raiders, Browns, Bills

Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Some changes in the playoff seeds this week, with the seeds sown to really shake it up down the stretch. The Broncos are still on top of the pile but they don't have a lot of breathing room with just a one game lead on the Pats and of course the Chiefs also sitting even with them at 9-2. In other news the Colts appear to me to be the most flawed of the playoff locks. Twice in three games they have been railed by a combined score of 78-19. They clearly miss Wayne and I don't see them getting out of the first round. But so much changes from week to week, so by the time the playoffs begin this could all be very different. Right now it looks like this:

Broncos: 9-2

Patriots: 8-3

Colts: 7-4

Chiefs: 9-2

Titans: 5-6

Also in the hunt at 5-6:

Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Dolphins.

Still in it but with hope quickly fading, these teams are 4-7:

Raiders, Browns, Bills

You can FORGET about the Browns! I don't think they will win another game this year! It's the same ole same ole with them. Get our hopes up here in Cleveland, only to watch them s*** the bed down the stretch, and going into December playing out the season! It's like watching the movie Ground Hog Day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football