Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Ok, you said it best...its incomplete. All I'm saying is that a team like the Giants are just as much in the hunt as someone like the Bears....obviously they are moreso in the hunt than the vikings and falcons...

Just curious why you list all the NFC North teams over the NFC East teams that are in it just as much...? Was it an oversight or something else?
It's more a product of the NFC North teams still being viable Wild Card teams than anything else. The Bears and Packers both have a shot, albeit a long shot as it looks now. No team from the NFC East has even a remote chance of claiming a Wild Card spot. Of course, there is enough football remaining within that division that the division lead can change hands several times before the season ends. I think this is universally understood though, which is why I focussed on just the Cowboys and Eagles, tied at first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 04:20 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
I think we all need to agree that neither Super Bowl favorite will likely make it... I mean, they never do.

Prepare yourselves for a Chiefs/Panthers Super Bowl.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:45 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
The Saints @ Seahawks game is getting bigger by the week. After that the Seahawks visit SF.

An interesting read... Russell Wilson's Seattle Seahawks must solve key issues - NFL.com

Only 1 NFC top seed out of the last 6 years has made the Super Bowl (2009 NO)... I think this years #5 or #6 seed to make a run will be Carolina or SF... assuming they don't win the West.
Two other games also becoming bigger by the week are the two Panthers/Saints games.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is flexed to Sunday Night Football on NBC.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:08 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
They already flexed the Packers/Giants game seeing as both teams aren't doing that great. It was a 7:30 game and in the past Pack/Giants games have always been good. I'm thinking if the Pack lose another one or two, Falcons do the same, their game will be flexed away Dec. 8th, too. It has an asterisk on the schedule, and is currently a night game at Lambeau.

I saw somewhere for fans to note Sunday is now at 3:30CT. The Broncos/Chiefs game is definitely more interesting to more people.

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-11-2013 at 06:22 PM..

Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 PM

Most of the scheduled Sunday night games are flex candidates. The 12/1 Redskins/Giants game definitely could be flexed out, as could the Bengals/Steelers game in mid-December.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Thanks for the catch. I'm not sure why I said 10-1. I was even looking at an official source when I posted this and still got it wrong!
I thought maybe you were posting a week ahead after the Vikings game. Maybe...

Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Most of the scheduled Sunday night games are flex candidates. The 12/1 Redskins/Giants game definitely could be flexed out, as could the Bengals/Steelers game in mid-December.
Agree. Most likely you'll have the Denver-KC rematch fill the slot for that Sunday night game

Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Agree. Most likely you'll have the Denver-KC rematch fill the slot for that Sunday night game
Nope - the 12/1 Broncos/Chiefs game was protected by CBS and will be their primary 4:25 PM game that day.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:49 PM

The 49ers' two close losses to the Panthers and Saints have really opened up the race for the second NFC wild-card spot. The 49ers, Bears, and Cardinals (and Lions, who lead the NFC North via tiebreaker) are all 6-4. The Eagles (who are leading the NFC East) are 6-5, and both the Cowboys and Packers are 5-5.

There are some big games coming up in the next few weeks. At the top of the conference, the Saints play on the road against the Seahawks and have a home and home with the Panthers. Those three games could play a big role in determining who wins the NFC South and what that team's seed will be (likely #2 seed but possibly a #1 seed). Among the teams with lesser winning records or .500 records, the Eagles alone have FOUR games against other NFC playoff contenders (Cardinals, Lions, and Bears all at home, and the Cowboys on the road). Other playoff contenders also play each other as well (such as the Cowboys playing both the Bears and Packers as well as a 4-6 but surging Giants team and the 49ers still playing both the Seahawks and Cardinals).

Old 11-20-2013, 07:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times
November 20. The #4 seed in the NFC are those Philadelphia Eagles. WOW.

This may only last until Sunday - but I'll take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football