Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:13 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
If we look at this in terms of salary, then Flacco, Ryan and Romo have to make the list. Ryan is the second highest paid QB in the league just ahead of Flacco. They certainly aren't performing like $20 million per year QBs this season. Romo has choked in all of his most important games in both regular and post season, he still hasn't taken his team to the big dance and he's pulling down $18 million per year. Commentators and the media love this guy for some reason.

Russell Wilson makes my list of overrated. THe Seahwaks are winning with defense and a solid running game, Wilson is along for the ride. He is a versatile QB, but not the guy who will win you titles or sustain success season after season.

I think this season has proved that Josh Freeman is overrated.

Arian Foster, guy was a beast last year but also had a solid supporting cast. This year, he's injury prone and even when healthy he's not all that impressive.

Justin Tuck, he's no Michael Strahan, but he plays in NY and was passed the torch. Very ineffective these last few seasons.

I would say Vick and Tebow are tied for the all time overrated title.
i don't care what anyone says tebow is a winner. romo is a very good qb who just has bad luck. josh freeman sucks for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:07 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
If we look at this in terms of salary, then Flacco, Ryan and Romo have to make the list. Ryan is the second highest paid QB in the league just ahead of Flacco. They certainly aren't performing like $20 million per year QBs this season.

Russell Wilson makes my list of overrated. THe Seahwaks are winning with defense and a solid running game, Wilson is along for the ride. He is a versatile QB, but not the guy who will win you titles or sustain success season after season.
In Ryan's defense, you can take any QB in NFL history and remove both his WR's and RB from the field (in this case, Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Steven Jackson) and then remove some of the OL and expect to see a decrease in production.

If you don't, you are living in a pipe dream. QB's need talent around them to be successful...

As far as Russell Wilson, I agree. He's along for the ride.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
I think Wison is better than the "along for the ride category". If he is along for the ride then I think we would have to say the same about Kaepernick right?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Michael Vick!!! They could of had this new guy in and have a new record of touch downs! What was Kelly thinking?

Old 11-10-2013, 04:29 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Ray Rice.. One hit and down he goes.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:30 PM

105 posts, read 246,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Michael Vick!!! They could of had this new guy in and have a new record of touch downs! What was Kelly thinking?
I agree that Vick has been overrated throughout his career. He has not done much in the playoffs to warrant his stardom in my opinion and he is prone to being injured too frequently. Plus his unethical actions in the past have tainted his career.

Maybe now the Eagles will realize that Vick should stay on the bench. I am not sure yet how good Foles will be as the Raiders have been a horrible team for a long time and the Packers are vulnerable without Rodgers. However I think Foles gives them the best chance to score points and win games.

*Stating as an unbiased Ravens Fan

Old 11-10-2013, 04:32 PM

105 posts, read 246,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Ray Rice.. One hit and down he goes.
The Raven's offensive line has been HORRIBLE this year. You cannot assign all the blame to Rice when there is no where to run. Without a decent offensive line even the best running backs will struggle to run the ball.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:37 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i don't care what anyone says tebow is a winner. romo is a very good qb who just has bad luck. josh freeman sucks for sure
I do not think Tebow is not a NfL QB. To be a QB in the league he need to know how to throw.
He got carried one year.
Many only support him because of his religion. He should of went to the Jags, he would of had the hometown support for at least 2-3 years there no matter how bad he is.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:53 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Tebow was overrated...he always had been, even when he was winning at Florida.

All these things said about Matt Ryan above are true. However, the media needs to stop with that stupid Ryan is 45-3 at home or whatever it was coming into this season. If he is so great, he should still be winning. Personally, I always thought they should have assigned that record to Julio Jones.

Honestly, come to think of it, ALL QBs are somewhat overrated because no one is anything without a TEAM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
All these things said about Matt Ryan above are true. However, the media needs to stop with that stupid Ryan is 45-3 at home or whatever it was coming into this season. If he is so great, he should still be winning. Personally, I always thought they should have assigned that record to Julio Jones.

Honestly, come to think of it, ALL QBs are somewhat overrated because no one is anything without a TEAM.
That's right... you need talent around you to be a successful QB.

How many games this year have the Falcons not had Julio Jones, Roddy White, Stephen Jackson and half the OL?

Take away the playmakers and production goes down... I think that would apply to pretty much any QB, except maybe Tom Brady. LOL

This season has proved that Ryan needs #11 and #84... not the 2 guys he's throwing to now that the Falcons picked up as free agents from ITT Tech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football