Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 03:54 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Late in the season against a far inferior opponent. No reason to show off more of the playbook than necessary.
You're calling Kansas City a far inferior team to Denver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 09:28 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post

Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs played man to man defense against Peyton last night?

All night... They'd better mix it up defensively in a few weeks. Manning's forte is exploiting weaknesses in man to man matchups. I stayed up late last night just to watch the 2nd half as I was excited about the ensuing adjustments which never came in the second half
I'd say because the Chiefs have a smart coach. Manning and his receivers can light up a zone defense like a Christmas tree!

KC's defense did a good job with Denver, holding them to their lowest point total all year. Despite what some thought they saw, it was a close game. Manning had a few passes off target that could have been intercepted. If a couple had been, KC might have walked away with a win. Or it could have been a Denver blow-out with a couple more catches.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:01 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
What happened to K.C.'s pass rush?

No sacks against Peyton? Okay, well I can see that. But they have a combined one sack in their last three games. They put up a goose egg against UDFA Jeff Tuel.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
KC didn't have to resort to cheapshoting Peyton with late hits to stay close. They forced a lot of punts by the Broncos but Del Rio wouldn't let Peyton try to convert any 4th downs.

Credit the Broncos oLine for doing a good job after 14 days of scrutiny. Also credit Peyton for being able to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds and under 2 with the underneath crossing patterns.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Credit the Broncos oLine for doing a good job after 14 days of scrutiny. Also credit Peyton for being able to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds and under 2 with the underneath crossing patterns.

And I will echo the sentiment of others that the game in Arrowhead will be much different. I kind of expected Denver to win in Denver. But in KC? If the Broncos win, that'll tell us a lot about both teams' potential in the playoffs, IMO.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

And I will echo the sentiment of others that the game in Arrowhead will be much different. I kind of expected Denver to win in Denver. But in KC? If the Broncos win, that'll tell us a lot about both teams' potential in the playoffs, IMO.
A Broncos win in KC is always a tough thing. Last season's 2-14 Chiefs gave the eventual 13-3 Broncos a pretty good workout out there last year in a game that ended in a 17-9 final score.

The next two weeks will tell us a lot about both teams, really. The Broncos have two tough outings in back to back road games. The Chiefs play the Chargers at home, by no means a gimme. It will be interesting to see how the team responds to its first loss. And of course, to follow that game up with the game against the Broncos. Very interesting two weeks for both teams. I have Sunday Ticket, so I'll be watching the Chiefs/Chargers in the early afternoon before the Broncos/Patriots game.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think other than the number of dropped passes the chiefs played every well.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:41 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
What happened to K.C.'s pass rush?

No sacks against Peyton? Okay, well I can see that. But they have a combined one sack in their last three games. They put up a goose egg against UDFA Jeff Tuel.
The league has figured out their blitz schemes.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:59 PM

93 posts, read 154,107 times
When I saw that the Chiefs' pass rushers could not tap Manning in the first quarter, I knew right away that I lost my bet to my boss.

The Chiefs' offense did not help either (Alex Smith was awful). They kept turning the ball over to Manning after short outings so the Chiefs defense had little rest in that high altitude environment. The Chiefs defense were very mediocre at the best to say. The only thing that stop the Broncos from putting 40 points on them were the Chiefs able to contain Denver's running game..or you can say that because Denver didn't pass more than they should have

The Broncos reminds me of the Patriot from last year. Both teams with excellent offensive lines that their quarterbacsk can stand back there all day without being touched. The only way to beat them is to have an incredible secondary like the Ravens had last year.....and a very good offense who can score in the high 20's

Old 11-24-2013, 07:31 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
When you say stand back there all day you must mean for up to 2.5 seconds as is the case with Peyton Manning. The Broncos can and will run the football, btw. Teams can try and take that away. Fine, the Broncos will hit crossing patterns or do what they gotta do to get the offense fired up. If you let the Broncos get two first downs in a row, watch out, kick back, and watch them no-huddle all the way to the endzone. Oh, and now, the defense looks like they've joined the party too.

The Broncos just beat a 9-0 team and are being dissed for not throwing up 40+.

Speaking of 40+, that's what they did to the World Champs in week one so, who's next?

Who do the Broncos need to beat to become legit? How about the Pats in Foxboro? We shall see...

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-24-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football