Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 PM

43 posts, read 61,096 times

Advertisements

who deserves one?
My list( no order just off the top)
Memphis- had the Titans for a minute, lost the Titans. Deserve a team.
Milwaukee- I know it’d be hard to compete with GB for attention but still…
Austin,TX- ( see Milwaukee but change GB with UT)
San Antonio- huge city, passionate fans( Spurs fans), no team
LA- inevitable within the next decade. 2nd largest city in the US, no team
Vegas-despite the real possibly of shady gambling figures messing with the team, it’d be a great city, great attraction
Guadalajara, Mexico- not nearly as much crime as Mexico City, same scenario as Toronto. Could be the Miami Heat of the NFL, in the sense that a lot of over the hill guys go there for the weather. A buddy of mine in high school moved to San Antonio( where I'm from) from Guadalajara and he said he thinks a team there would be great.
Toronto- another huge city, could be “ Canada’s team”, major fan passion potentially( unfortunately has to compete with hockey season)

Old 12-23-2013, 10:25 PM

19 posts, read 3,292 times
Memphis-no way, I think they are too small and the Titans are too close.
Milwaukee-Packers rule the state of Wisconsin, just don't see it happening. I think they used to have a couple Packers games there a year, so maybe they could return to that.
Austin and San Antonio-I could see San Antonio working given that they almost got the Saints after Katrina, but also they have the Cowboys and Texans to worry about to.
LA-It's not a matter of if but when
Vegas-I think could do well, but does the NFL want a team there?
Guadalajara-I don't think they would have enough interest.
Toronto-I think it would work, but they had trouble getting people to go to the Bills game they had there earlier this year, which gives me doubts that it could work.

Two more I could think of Portland and OKC, but both have their respective competition to worry about (Seahawks in Portland? (Maybe), and the Sooners in OKC.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:46 PM

43 posts, read 61,096 times
I think it was cool how OKC rallied around the thunder and I think that OKC would fully support a pro team. Toronto though, I think the country would rally around and be like " yeah, this is our team, get on our level" of course the Blue Jays fans aren't coming in droves either. No, I don't the NFL wants Vegas, too many sharks and shady people

Old 12-24-2013, 06:49 AM

46 posts, read 134,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomikey View Post
Milwaukee-Packers rule the state of Wisconsin, just don't see it happening. I think they used to have a couple Packers games there a year, so maybe they could return to that.
No place to play in Milwaukee. They still have the season ticket holders package for Milwaukee area residents. A preseason game and I believe the second and fifth home games.

And Milwaukee will never get an NFL team as long as the Packers are in Green Bay. Too ingrained in the culture that nobody would be a fan of a team in Milwaukee.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:14 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Dude, join the conversation here -
Another thread about the same thing, started two days ago...

//www.city-data.com/forum/pro-f...est-serve.html

Old 12-24-2013, 07:27 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Thank you Pitt Chick. This subject has been discussed other times on other threads but its been a while ago. I'll close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football