Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:58 AM

427 posts, read 947,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The suckers (I mean shareholders), who bought worthless shares to pay for stadium upgrades deserve what they get......nothing.

This goes back to people who don't think things through and support upper management people who are very good marketers....
Yeah, those "upper management people" are sneaky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 07:14 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
Yeah, those "upper management people" are sneaky.
You do have to hand it to them it was a great way of making money w/o giving up really anything in return......

Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
The other issue in Indianapolis is the Pacers have a home game 3 blocks from the Colts stadium Saturday night at 7 o'clock. The Colts play Saturday night at 4:30. The Pacers are red hot this year and selling out a lot of games. I'm guessing a lot of people that in the past might have gone to a Colts playoff game, may be electing to go to the Pacers game instead, especially given that is a much cheaper option.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Well, the Colts game just sold out! So no more problems in Indy. Now to wait for Cincinnati and Green Bay to sell out, which I really believe will happen.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
You do realize that alot of people 'don't pay' because they can't afford the product of going to watch a game w/their family....

Here's a typical day out for it...

Say a dad and two sons....

-3 tickets: conservative $300 total for nosebleeds

-parking and gas: $30 (conservative in some places)

-Food/drinks: $40

-souvenier: $20

That's roughly $400 conservatively for 3 hours.....more if you get decent seats...

Its not a family outing at all....

Think about if you have to purchase PSL's...buy that, then you have to buy season tickets and preseason games whether you like it or not.

It is what it is, but it just sucks that its a luxury to go to an NFL game....
I agree. But somehow, the tickets get bought.

In the big view of things - the NFL is in huge demand right now, and Americans view the NFL as valuable entertainment, therefore it allows the owners to charge huge fees to see the game - both in person and to advertisers on TV.

For that to change, people will need to become apathetic to the NFL at some point. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:59 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

In the big view of things - the NFL is in huge demand right now, and Americans view the NFL as valuable entertainment, therefore it allows the owners to charge huge fees to see the game - both in person and to advertisers on TV.

For that to change, people will need to become apathetic to the NFL at some point. I don't see that happening any time soon.
Don't disagree that they get bought....

I wonder what the breakdown of "who" buys those tickets? I know alot of companies buy PSL's/season tickets to gain business...

It would be interesting to know that...to me at least it would....

Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,465,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Well, the Colts game just sold out! So no more problems in Indy. Now to wait for Cincinnati and Green Bay to sell out, which I really believe will happen.
Maybe Cincy or Green Bay has a local company willing to shell out the cash to buy up the rest like Indy did. Hopefully so, would hate for the home town to be blacked out.

Carolina sold out our allotment in 3 minutes so there's certainly demand in some areas.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 AM

365 posts, read 779,903 times
Packers game is now officially sold out. Can't remember the last time the states two largest t.v. markets were blacked out for a Packers game but it won't happen this Sunday

Old 01-03-2014, 01:04 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Don't disagree that they get bought....

I wonder what the breakdown of "who" buys those tickets? I know alot of companies buy PSL's/season tickets to gain business...

It would be interesting to know that...to me at least it would....
Often at the end, something like this happens.

In addition to fan sales, a group of Packers corporate partners, led by Green Bay-based Associated Bank, purchased the remaining available tickets Friday.

This is basically buying tickets for the right to watch the game on TV.

So let me see if I understand. The NFL is saying - in order for a local area to watch their team on TV, that community must pay whatever it costs to fill the stadium by Thursday of that week. Sounds like a pay per view telecast at the local level - while at the same time, it is free to everyone else outside of that community.

Here's something else to think of... whenever an NFL owner asks for a bigger stadium, that means the price for the community to watch their team on TV locally just went up (since it would take more people to sell out the stadium).

Old 01-03-2014, 01:14 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Nope, especially when the product the NBA and MLB out out is clearly inferior to the NFL, imo. The only sport that comes close is the NHL and that league is firmly in 4th place in the US.

I usually get to attend 1-3 Patriots games a year and while the total cost to attend (tickets, parking, beers, food, etc.) may be high, I always am able to split the cost among the people I go to the games with. I make sure I eat plenty during the tailgate (one of the things that makes attending an NFL game a lot of fun) and drink plenty during that same time frame. Being able to split the cost of parking and food/drink during the tailgate makes the total game cost not too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football