Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Falcons get Vick from Free Agency as a backup QB?
Yes: Bring Vick back to Atlanta, he's forgiven. 3 12.00%
No: Falcons have no need for him 10 40.00%
Yes, BUT: they'll never let him return 1 4.00%
No: Need or no need, He doesn't deserve to return 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times

Advertisements

Vick wants to be a starting quarterback. He isn't going to leave Philly to be a backup somewhere else. He'll remain a backup with the Eagles, assuming that the price is right - but if I'm wrong and he wants to go back to Atlanta - then Good Bye Michael.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 11:32 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Vick wants to be a starting quarterback. He isn't going to leave Philly to be a backup somewhere else. He'll remain a backup with the Eagles, assuming that the price is right - but if I'm wrong and he wants to go back to Atlanta - then Good Bye Michael.
I can't fathom him being back in Philly. They don't need him "waiting in the wings" so if Foles has a bad game they will call for Vick.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I think he either realizes he has no value as a starter and signs to be a backup or stands firm and that ends his career. Arthur Blank will NOT even let Vick in the building unless he is on the opposing team.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:48 AM

As much as I don't think Vick is a starting QB, there are plenty of teams with starting QBs that are as bad or worse. I could see him starting for some team that is desperate.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:06 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think Foles is over-rated, Vick's got the quicker release. The problem is Vick often goes to running instead of passing. He makes very poor decisions when he's a pocket passer.

Vick can still play in NFL with the right system with a good OL.

I just don't think the Falcons need him anymore.
He is in the right system. He just got beat out by a better QB. His issue is what is described above... has nothing to do with the system. Did you see him in game #1 vs. Washington? Ball was out early... was very decisive... read option had Skins chasing ghosts.

With Foles, I got to the point where whenever the ball was thrown to a target, I assumed the play would be positive.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:36 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
I think its a cold day in Hades before Mr. Blank has Mike back in the organization.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 AM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,126 times
The point isn't that the Falcons "NEED" him. But that they could benefit off of the end of his career...

And someone said "If Vick was any good he'd be starting over Foles..." a few sentences after saying "Redman is a better QB than Vick..." The same Redman that is on nobody's team because he didn't make the cut Redman? Really??? That's just laughable.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
But that they could benefit off of the end of his career...
I can agree with that point, if in fact it is the only point at face value that does not take into account externalities.

However, in the world of reality in which externalities exist, the circus that would be Michael Vick in Atlanta would probably be a detriment to the Falcons.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
The point isn't that the Falcons "NEED" him. But that they could benefit off of the end of his career...
How exactly would they benefit off of the end of his career?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
I dont think the Falcons would want to re-visit that part of their past. Plus, I really dont think Arthur Blank will ever write Vick another check...

...but to say Redman is a better QB than Vick is just crazy. Redman has been horrible is whole career...wait...why would anyone want to call what Redman has done in the NFL a 'career'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football