Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
I remember when Parcells brought the Patriots back from obscurity. In the stands, New Englanders would actually wear paper bags over their heads. He worked miracles with the N.Y. Giants too. I think it was in 1987 when they won the Super Bowl with Parcells.

Anyway, thank you for all of these great posts. I learned quite a bit.

Yes it was 1987 and 1991 when the giants won the SB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
Parcells is clearly better and it's not even up for debate. Bill has won at every place he coached unlike Belechick who had a horrible coaching career with the Browns.

yeah, because so many coaches have had such great success with the Browns...

Old 01-23-2014, 05:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
yeah, because so many coaches have had such great success with the Browns...
This is just my opinion but I feel losing to Eli Manning twice hurts his legacy a little.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 PM

513 posts, read 695,780 times
Quote:
This is just my opinion but I feel losing to Eli Manning twice hurts his legacy a little.
Still swinging? You went from it is not even close to saying Parcells has the edge because of his change of the cowboys. When you were called out about him winning everywhere you claimed it was true because he took teams to the playoffs. It was then pointed out that the terrible job of BB in Cleveland won more playoff game than Parcells in Dallas. You then went to "he drafted Romo, didn't he?" Nope, wrong again. Even if it was true, I think BB drafted a qb no one else had on the board pretty late.

Yes, though, he lost to 2sbs. Clearly makes him less of a coach than BP

Old 01-26-2014, 02:59 PM

560 posts, read 786,553 times
Quote:
That's what I think. Bet he cringes when he hears the M word.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:09 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
That's what I think. Bet he cringes when he hears the M word.
Um, he didn't lose to Manning, he lost to the New York Giants -- there were 21 other starting players on those teams last I checked. Any good quarterback can have a great 4th quarter, which Manning had twice. What separates Eli Manning from his older brah is that Peyton doesn't just have great 4th quarters; he doesn't have great games here and there; he doesn't have great stretches of five or six games; he consistently has great seasons. Eli's had great games, and an okay career. Peyton's had a couple of bad quarters, but an outstanding career...and he's also had great clutch performances in the biggest games. That's the difference. Bill Walsh "lost" to Wade Wilson...I doubt anyone's going to question his stature anytime soon, though.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:42 AM

513 posts, read 695,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Um, he didn't lose to Manning, he lost to the New York Giants -- there were 21 other starting players on those teams last I checked. Any good quarterback can have a great 4th quarter, which Manning had twice. What separates Eli Manning from his older brah is that Peyton doesn't just have great 4th quarters; he doesn't have great games here and there; he doesn't have great stretches of five or six games; he consistently has great seasons. Eli's had great games, and an okay career. Peyton's had a couple of bad quarters, but an outstanding career...and he's also had great clutch performances in the biggest games. That's the difference. Bill Walsh "lost" to Wade Wilson...I doubt anyone's going to question his stature anytime soon, though.
Poster is obviously not thinking for himself. Has not posted one reason as to why Parcells is better. At least some of the other posters were forming an argument.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:35 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Both were great coaches, cut from the same cloth. That said, I'd take Belichick if I was a GM. He's shown success in the modern era NFL that few others have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football