Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Seattle Seahawks! 36 39.13%
Denver Broncos! 56 60.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 PM

351 posts, read 370,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wierd hearing people talk about the Broncos not being that good after they've essentially dominated the AFC enroute to the superbowl.

I thing it's a coin flip as to which team will win. Big plays and momentum will decide the day.

I never said the Broncos aren't that good.

I said, Manning and the Broncos put high numbers because they play in a division and conference that have poor defenses and poor pass defense.

you put Denver in the NFC WEST and Manning doesn't play 16 games healthy and no way he puts those numbers.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
The Denver O is better than New Orleans. Stats, which don't tell the whole story, will tell you that.

Don't get all pricky.

#1 offense > #2 offense.

The Denver offense was much better than the Saints even in the regular season, but you will deny this anyway.

put things under perspective.......Denver plays in a division and conference that are allergic in playing defense especially physical defense like the play in the NFC.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
If it's clear and low winds, Denver will win but if it's a sloppy day not good for passing, then Seahawks will be crowned.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:33 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Broncos are going to roll by two Tds or more. Not even going to be a good game. Petey is going to get out coached in a big way. Del Rio and Fox are world class. Petey is a pretender.

I only wish the Broncos were healthy. That's the only thing that will keep it from being a complete bloodbath.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:40 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post

your turn......
The Broncos offense would have smoked the Panther's and the Saint's defense had they played this season, but they didn't.

Truth be told, the Broncos and Seahawks had a common opponent this year, the Colts. They both lost, in similar fashion iirc.

I don't care what you say about your NFC because you're an NFC honk. The Tennessee Titans and laugh if you will, but the Jaguars, Texans, and the Redskins played well against the Broncos and forced them to win defensive type games.

Lobe, and btw, how well did y'all do against the lowly Houston Texans earlier this season, another common opponent?

Here, I'll start you off, "Shouldacouldawoulda, bad hair day, toe jam..."

Quote:
Those Broncos receivers are not use to that type of defense. They will get mugged from the line and hit hard everytime the ball is near.
Watch sport centers recap of the Bronco Patriot game. See what the Broncos rcvrs are doing to the backs who jam them at the line. If you don't think Eric Decker 88 80 Welker Calwell 27 Tammi etc don't push back, come check out one of our dispensaries up in here, you be smokin sumptin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Houston was a common opponent as well. Number 3 passing defense in the entire league. Seattle needed OT to win. Denver more than doubled up Houston's average pass defense yards allowed during the year and blew them out.
I wouldn't say Denver blew them out. It was a hard faught win, but a statistical failure for those stats geeks who hang onto that Sport Center garbage... the filler that keeps the station going from 11pm till 5 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Offense wins games, defense wins championships.
I knew this tired cliche would rear its ugly head.

Here's another one, who ever scores more, scores more! Don't make me get metaphysical up in here.

It's not over till it's over.

That's the way the old cookie crumbles.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Whatever will be will be.

It is what it is.

The best defense is a strong offense.. no wait!

Quote:
you can say whatever you want.....but the Panthers are the 2nd best ranked defense and the Saints 4th ranked in the NFL...
But the Ners had the top-ranked scoreboard in that game... aka the 9ers beat them... as some of the experts predicted they would.

Had the 9ers made it to the Superbowl, the Broncos would have more to worry about.

Imo, the Seahawks lucked out last night. In 13 days, they turn back into a pumkin.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-20-2014 at 06:10 PM..

Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If it's clear and low winds, Denver will win but if it's a sloppy day not good for passing, then Seahawks will be crowned.

personally, I don't how Denver can score 28 points on this defense in any weather.......this a very physical defense and one of the best secondary defense in NFL history.

Those Broncos receivers are not use to that type of defense. They will get mugged from the line and hit hard everytime the ball is near.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:45 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Broncos offense would have smoked the Panther's and the Saint's defense had they played this season, but they didn't.

Truth be told, the Broncos and Seahawks had a common opponent this year, the Colts. They both lost, in similar fashion iirc.

I don't care what you say about your NFC because you're an NFC honk. The Tennessee Titans and laugh if you will, but the Jaguars, Texans, and the Redskins played well against the Broncos and forced them to win defensive type games.

Oh, and btw, how well did y'all do against the lowly Houston Texans earlier this season, another common opponent?

Here, I'll start you off, "Shouldacouldawoulda, bad hair day, toe jam..."
Houston was a common opponent as well. Number 3 passing defense in the entire league. Seattle needed OT to win. Denver more than doubled up Houston's average pass yards allowed during the year and blew them out.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 01-20-2014 at 06:06 PM..

Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM

n/a posts
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...

Except in basketball where offense wins games, defense wins series, and rebounding wins championships...

But, I'm not impartial...still, Seahawks will win.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

you can say whatever you want.....but the Panthers are the 2nd best ranked defense and the Saints 4th ranked in the NFL........since the Broncos never play a TOP 5 defense PLAYOFF TEAM this season we will never know.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Houston was a common opponent as well. Number 3 passing defense in the entire league. Seattle needed OT to win. Denver more than doubled up Houston's average pass defense yards allowed during the year and blew them out.

that's not being truthful.........Seahawks play Houston in week 4 when Houston had a 2-1 record before the meltdown and before all the injuries.

Broncos play Houston in week 15 after they fired their coach, long list of injuries and gave up on the season.

One more time: name me one TOP 5 DEFENSE PLAYOFF team that Broncos play this season, NAME 1?

Seahawks played the Panthers, Saints Twice, 49ERS 3 times.....all TOP 5 Defense playoff team.......Saints are a TOP 5 OFFENSE and TOP 5 DEFENSE playoff team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football