Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Seattle Seahawks! 36 39.13%
Denver Broncos! 56 60.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 AM

570 posts, read 721,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

One game where Romo puts up 48 on Denver from 3 months ago doesn't make a season and whether or not you want to admit it the Seahawks offense is weak. How many red zone TD's did they get tonight? None.
So do Seattle's touchdowns not count because they weren't in the red zone? Or does it really not matter?

Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 AM

351 posts, read 370,327 times
Seattle scored 23 points on the 4th ranked defense.
Seattle scored 23 points on the 5th ranked defense.

what will Seattle score on the 19th ranked defense of the Broncos and 27th ranked pass defense? who's going to contain Russell when he runs wild?

you think they will only score 12 points on the Broncos? LMAO!!!!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
you think the Broncos have a more of a complete team than the 49ers?

Remember, Manning is a stationary QB and the reason he had all day to throw the ball was he was going against bad defenses in the Chargers and Pats.....they are ranked #23 and #26. Those are NOT playoff caliber defenses.

Seahawks are made to beat a team like the Broncos....control the ball and play physical defense.

didn't the Cowboys score 48 points on the Broncos?.......their defense is average.
I am not saying The Broncos should or will win. I am saying that I have a feeling that a QB like Peyton may surprise you come SB Sunday. Example, during ALCS 2004 I was hoping for Yankees to win. There seemed to be no reason why the Yankees would NOT win. I remember the commentator giving a stat that implied there was no way in hell the Red Sox could win the series based on MLB stats. I had a nagging feeling. I didn't want to be right but I was. The Red Sox beat the Yankees and the won the WS. I seriously " felt" the Red Sox were going to win. That was a brutal loss. I knew it was coming. Watch the Olympics and there is always some amazing story of some underdog winning in a category that seems impossible. I generally agree with the thinking that the best defense beats the best offense but after watching Peyton play today I have a feeling his team has a very good chance of being the next SB Champs!

Old 01-20-2014, 01:01 AM

Rusell this season had to go agaisnt top defenses in the NFL.....Panthers, Saints (twice), 49ers (3 times) Arizona (twice) ......name one top 5 defense that manning play all season? name 1........the NFC is how defense is play.

You think the 19th ranked Broncos defense overall and 27th ranked pass defense will scare the Seahawks offense?

Old 01-20-2014, 01:02 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Who cares what the Broncos pass defense ranking is anyway?

The Broncos NFL record this year is 15-3. They lost two games to a very hot and familiar San Diego Charger team, one that did what neither the Broncos nor the Seahawks could do, beat the Indianapolis Colts.

The Broncos pass defense is statistically bad because their opponents get so far behind that they are relegated to playing catch-up with Peyton Effing Manning and they take risks and in the end, they fall short. Good luck getting into a shootout with Peyton Manning about now.

I've watched these Broncos closely this season and they are on a nice streak of their own right now.

I say the best defense is a strong offense. The Broncos got that going now and they can play ball control real nice. They had two drives yesterday that lasted over 7 minutes each.

I like Denver's chances and now so does Vegas.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:08 AM

lets be fair on Russell...you think Manning would look good if he had to play the Panthers defense, 49ers (3 times), Saints (twice) and Cardinals (twice)

be honest........there is a difference playing in a top defense division and conference and playing in the Broncos weak division and conference where the defenses are ranked at the bottom.

Russell is tested and he will be going against the Broncos defense which is average with a questionable secondary.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

The Broncos NFL record this year is 15-3. They lost two games to a very hot and familiar San Diego Charger team, one that did what neither the Broncos nor the Seahawks could do, beat the Indianapolis Colts.

The Broncos pass defense is statistically bad because their opponents get so far behind that they are relegated to playing catch-up with Peyton Effing Manning and they take risks and in the end, they fall short. Good luck getting into a shootout with Peyton Manning about now.

I've watched these Broncos closely this season and they are on a nice streak of their own right now.

I say the best defense is a strong offense. The Broncos got that going now and they can play ball control real nice. They had two drives yesterday that lasted over 7 minutes each.

how many games did the broncos jumped so ahead they had the game won?

(mod edit-one sentence deleted-flaming).tell me how many starters in the Pats defense were OUT?

whats the vegas odd? 2 points?....wow.....that will change.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-22-2014 at 09:29 PM..

Old 01-20-2014, 01:16 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

I feel better to hear some other posters who think the Broncos have a good chance in the SB! Whew... I was starting to think I was delusional because of my Niners' loss. I hope Peyton wins his second SB and I do think he has something to prove. I always watch the SB even if my team loses. I still watch because I am a fan of football, not just the 49ers. I will watch the whole game even if Peyton and Bronco's go down in flames. But I have this nagging feeling that won't happen...

Old 01-20-2014, 01:17 AM

Broncos play in a weak ass division:

Oakland #22 ranked defense
Chargers #23 ranked defense
Chiefs# 24 ranked defense

Seattle:

49ers: 4th ranked defense
Cardinals: 6th ranked defense
Rams: 15th ranked defense

Which QB is going to have a tougher time?

Old 01-20-2014, 01:23 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
...there is a difference playing in a top defense division and conference and playing in the Broncos weak division and conference where the defenses are ranked at the bottom.
Bronco's division weak? No. The AFC West was the toughest AFC division this year, as the NFC West was the toughest over there.

At this point, who even cares about strength of schedule? Both these teams blasted through the playoffs and are in the Superbowl.

May the best team win. With three head coaches, I can guarantee you the Broncos will be ready.

Quote:
blah blah blah...night and day!
I'll tell you this one last time. The AFC West was the toughest division in football this season because the Denver Broncos were in it.

Is it February 2nd yet?

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-20-2014 at 02:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football