Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:49 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Get away with what exactly?

Not impregnating random women?

Then no beating them?

Not driving drunk?

Not getting arrested for anything?

Focusing completely on his profession and his community while not jumping into the party lifestyle trap that so many young people go through?

Helping organize an event of 7,500 people to purchase a home for an injured soldier?

Providing supplies to 160 families in a shelter that are down on their luck?

Frequently purchasing school supplies for kids and trying to help them set goals and then motivate them to reach them?

He works without rest in his community, is an incredible teamate, incredible with the fans and is pretty much univerally loved by those around him

If you want to take a couple moments of talk and try to use that to paint some awful picture, it speaks more about you than him
I didn't paint an awful picture... not sure where you got that from.

I said he was a jerk.
jerk = awful picture.. not in my mind!

Old 02-03-2014, 10:52 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
As for the racial component ..... just click the link below for a sampling of some of the tweets that helped start that dialogue - should note that there is a bit of language there

Public Shaming - Dumb Racists Outraged That Football Star Richard Sherman Has Something to Say
Holy **** that link is bad. Makes me glad I dont "tweet" regularly with people or search out stuff on that place. World is a horrible place full of internet trolls. Not one of those would say that to his face or any black persons face. Pure scum.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:01 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Holy **** that link is bad. Makes me glad I dont "tweet" regularly with people or search out stuff on that place. World is a horrible place full of internet trolls. Not one of those would say that to his face or any black persons face. Pure scum.
But Mr Sherman and his teammates delivered one of the most emphatic 'shut the bleep up's!" in Superbowl History

And further, those so called intelligent tweeters don't have a Superbowl trophy to back up their remarks, either...I know, Sherman didn't win the game alone, but I feel very glad for him, Seattle, and the Seahawks today

Old 02-03-2014, 11:03 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Plenty of people do, especially coaches and scouts. Sherman is very, very good, but he's "not half as good as he thinks he is" (a quote direct from an NFL defensive backs coach) and there are at least three players...Revis, Haden and Peterson...who are unquestionably better. A guy I know compared him to Jonathan Joesph, another very good corner who doesn't get the pub that Sherman does.

By all accounts, Sherman seems like a genuinely good person off the field and some of the criticism leveled towards him was remarkably unfair. That said, you can't act like that in a high visibility position and not expect that kind of blowback. Sherman is a smart guy and knows, or should know this.
More jokes

Tell me again about how Seattle plays a Tampa 2 and that Sherman doesn't impact games

It's getting really quite funny

Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
More jokes

Tell me again about how Seattle plays a Tampa 2 and that Sherman doesn't impact games

It's getting really quite funny
You should keep up with the arguments better. You were the one who tried to tell us Seattle ran a base man coverage scheme (they don't, they're a base Cover 3 team). They run a cover 2 shell or cover 4 in 3rd and long situations. They did run more Tampa 2 coverages last year though, so that information was slightly outdated and corrected with some film review.

I'm honestly shocked that you're trying to talk high level football analysis when you can't even decipher the difference between man and zone coverages. This is high school football stuff here.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You should keep up with the arguments better. You were the one who tried to tell us Seattle ran a base man coverage scheme (they don't, they're a base Cover 3 team). They run a cover 2 shell or cover 4 in 3rd and long situations. They did run more Tampa 2 coverages last year though, so that information was slightly outdated and corrected with some film review.

I'm honestly shocked that you're trying to talk high level football analysis when you can't even decipher the difference between man and zone coverages. This is high school football stuff here.
No they don't

You are wrong in that you don't watch this team

Suck it up junior ... you know nothing about what you talk about

You seriously talking about film review? .... yeah, like you're doing that for seahawks games

Enjoy your day .... I'll definitely be smiling through mine

Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM

546 posts, read 818,075 times
Quote:
As for the racial component ..... just click the link below for a sampling of some of the tweets that helped start that dialogue - should note that there is a bit of language there

Public Shaming - Dumb Racists Outraged That Football Star Richard Sherman Has Something to Say

You are right that those people commenting are terribly racist. That does bother me. Anyone who thinks Richard Sherman is dumb or a hoodlum is blind, deaf and/or dumb. But that does NOT excuse his behavior.

The guy has a degree from Standord and is clearly a well spoken individual. I also believe that one on one he is probably a good guy. It is just that in the heat of the moment he needs to cool his jets. I hope as he matures he gets more composure and less ego.

Like I said before, the only worse thing than a sore loser is a sore winner. And that is how Sherman acted after the dramatic and skillful victory over the 49'ers. You just showed the world what you can do on the field. No need to be an obnoxious d*&k after the fact.

To be sure, the biggest thug (or most violent) culture in professional sports is the National Hockey League.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:24 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
No they don't

You are wrong in that you don't watch this team

Suck it up junior ... you know nothing about what you talk about

You seriously talking about film review? .... yeah, like you're doing that for seahawks games

Enjoy your day .... I'll definitely be smiling through mine
Really?

Quote:
Nowhere have Carroll’s adaptations been more successful than with Seattle’s pass defense, led by the so-called Legion of Boom. The unit led the NFL in every conceivable metric this season, which is only surprising given how often the Seahawks use one of the oldest, most basic pass coverages in all of football: Cover Three. And they don’t simply use it; they use it to shut opponents down.

Also known as Three-Deep zone coverage, Cover Three is a fundamental defensive building block; almost every high school team in the country runs some version. As the name implies, three defenders drop and divide the field into three deep zones — typically the two cornerbacks on the outsides and the free safety in the middle — while four other defenders drop to defend underneath passes as the remainder rush the QB. This coverage is sound against the pass and allows an extra defender to come up to stop the run, but it’s also conservative, which is why veteran NFL quarterbacks tend to carve it up and thus why it’s not commonly used in the NFL on passing downs
http://grantland.com/features/whos-laughing-now/#fn-6

Here's some more.

Quote:
The Seahawks have used their twist of the cover-3 defensive scheme to become one of the most dominant units in the league.
FS Thomas, Seahawks' physicality key cover-3 defense | TribLIVE

Quote:
The funny thing, though, is that he manages to do this with one of the more basic defensive schemes in the field in the Cover 3 scheme, or as Matt Bowen puts it, "a defense taught at the high school level that is still prevalent on Sundays."
How Earl Thomas and the Seahawks' defense use the Cover-3 - Field Gulls

Here's an article where they mention Kam Chancellor himself saying that they play Cover 3.

Quote:
Davis Hsu: In a recent interview, Seahawks Safety Kam Chancellor said something to the effect of "it's no secret that we typically play Cover-3".
An article from Mile High Report talking about beating the Cover 3.

Super Bowl XLVIII: Beating the Seattle Seahawks Cover 3 scheme - Mile High Report

Oh and look, here is former NFL safety Matt Bowen talking about Seattle using this scheme in not one but two articles.

What Makes Seattle's Secondary Such a Dominant Group? | Bleacher Report

How the Seahawks Dominated Peyton Manning and the Broncos | Bleacher Report

Quote:
But it’s their Cover 3 scheme (and technique) that we need to discuss. Think of a zone shell (three-deep, four-under) with Thomas in the deep middle of the field. This is a basic zone coverage, but no one in the NFL runs it as much as the Seahawks.
But who should listen to those guys, right? Chancellor only plays in that defense and Bowen played with Gregg Williams who used a very similar coverage scheme.

Congrats on being one of the few people in the football world who couldn't decipher one of the league's most basic coverage schemes!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:44 PM

that's cute and all .... but it's not tampa 2

You know, the thing they said they run all the time

Go back to your jokes and offseason ... I will not be wasting any more time with you

Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
All of this talk about what types of coverage Seattle plays does not change the fact that they were clearly the better team last night and they smacked Denver in the mouth and Denver had nothing to respond with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football