Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:53 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times

Advertisements

I'm not one to typically take sides with athletes when they act like morons, but in this case we have a highly charged atmosphere, a tense rivalry, he just made a huge play that helped win the game, and it all happened about two minutes prior to a mic being shoved in his face. He was still stoked about the play and considering all the jawing and trash talk that went back and forth between he and Crabtree I think I let him off the hook on this one. I mean, does anyone really expect something eloquent to come out of the mouths of most athletes, particularly after a grueling performance?

On a side note, it was Sherman who approached Brady after beating the Pats and asked "you mad bro?" or something along those lines, to which Brady replied "who are you again?"

The only way to humble guys like Sherman is to beat them. Hopefully Peyton has a big game in two weeks and burns Sherman all night long.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:55 PM

426 posts, read 958,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
really, what has Seattle done in recent years or EVER that is original, except for grunge?

Hopefully you're not sipping Starbucks, or ordering anything from Amazon while typing your snarky comments on a device that has anything Microsoft-related on it.

Watch your step, PDX, or we'll convince Paul Allen to move the Blazers up to Seattle.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:57 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sherman sounded just like one of those wrestlers on WWE. And yes, it was a bit over the top!
The WWE sound edits have already started... Heard one earlier on the radio... "In this corner the 2 time Intercontental champion Richard Sherman... *begin game clip*" Then it was followed up by some Hulk Hogan trash talk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
There's such a thing as Karma. That's why the "He backs it up" talk don't fly. He's a small part of a whole team. Is Sherman the spokesman for the entire PNW region? If so, Vancouver is looking might fine.
No he's not. His behavior is one I the reasons I didn't adopt the Seahawks after moving here 3 years ago from GA.

The fans here are so arrogant. It's everywhere... Even on these forums. The latest NFL meme has a Jeff Foxworthy photo with the caption "If you talk a lot of $*%{ but have never won a Super Bowl... You might be a Seahawks fan."

Even guys at work... How did the conversation go leading up to the Falcons/Seahawks game last year?

"Falcons suck... Hawks win by 20!" (Yes I took all the bets)
*Falcons win*
"Grats... Falcons were the better team. Good luck vs SF."
*Falcons lose*
"OMG Atlanta Failcons blew it! ROFLOL! Your team sucks!"

*2013 season begins*

"Should be another great season Good luck"
*Seattle starts 11-1 Falcons 3-9*
"OMG LOL Seattle is the best! We are gonna win it all! You should have ditched your loser Falcons! We are the best!"

Whatever!

Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM

351 posts, read 370,388 times
i think its hypocritical by the media and some fans that we support a violent game that trash talking is the normal and expect the players to switch off and become politicians when a reporter puts a mic in their faces after a brutal game.

Lets be honest, these players don't like each other and we as fans and the media have push for this because its good for ratings.......nobody said anything to Ali and the boxers when they trashed talk and Ali is consider an Icon

So stop with the hypocrisy.........most players especialy in a division don't like each other.......why would a reporter ask a question that we all know the answer and it was made for TV sensationalism.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:01 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
After my Facebook wall was bombarded with anti-Sherman comments, I decided to watch the clip and see what the hoopla was all about. He sounds like an overworked blowhard but this was such a dumb story and not worthy of any discussion. Not sure why so many people are wrapped up in it. Sherman and Crabtree have been making public comments about each other. They hype is what they want and the people are soaking it up.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM

426 posts, read 958,368 times
A firey guy shot off his mouth after the biggest play of his career. No one on this board has EVER been in a situation like that, so who's to say any of us wouldn't do something similar?

I guarantee someone who posted on here about what a bad guy Richard Sherman is has trash-talked an opponent in a sporting event, at some level. Someone here has trash-talked a buddy on the golf course, or the poker table, or a pickup hoops game...etc...etc. People even trash-talk one another on city-data.

Same thing, varying degrees.

Nobody here has experienced what those guys on the field yesterday experienced, and I promise you, Sherman wasn't the only one running his mouth.

And....here's more of him being obnoxious.

Y! SPORTS

Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,907,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fy10fyr View Post
Hopefully you're not sipping Starbucks, or ordering anything from Amazon while typing your snarky comments on a device that has anything Microsoft-related on it.

Watch your step, PDX, or we'll convince Paul Allen to move the Blazers up to Seattle.
Actually, I have been avoiding all Starbucks coffee and products, I don't shop at Amazon and I use Apple products. I don't follow the Blazers yet so if they choose to go up North then good riddance! I havent given up my home teams, S.F. Giants and Niners, no matter where I live. Portand is a nice place to live but I don't care about the sports teasms in Oregon, though I hear Univ. of Oregon is very good.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The post-game rant by Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was just the lastest by this classless jerk.

I mean, the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Sherman can't blame stupidity/ignorance for his actions. The guy has a degree from Stanford and has even done work on his Master's degree. I think he is just a classless, self-absorbed jerk who still has some growing up to do.

The guy is clearly a good player but Dr. J was a GREAT player and always had class. Just because you are talented is not an excuse to mouth off.

Richard Sherman — The 20 Most Annoying Players in the NFL Today | Complex

I was actually rooting for the Seahawks in that game (because I don't care for Jim Harbaugh, the 49'ers coach and former Stanford coach). I used to be a 49'ers fan but I HATE Harbaugh. What are they drinking in the water in Palo Alto?

No thanks. I'll root for Manning and the Broncos in the Superbowl. And I have NEVER been a Denver fan.

The man did nothing wrong since he was responding to comments made by crabtree after just making a play on defense to help his team win the game and advanced to the SB. I saw nothing but a guy who was excited and happy that his team came back to win and that he played a major part in that victory. He didn't use profanity at all and not sure why so many people have a issue with his interview.

BTW: ESPN's Ed Werder was entertained by Sherman's post game explosion because he knew the man was happy because his team had just made the SB

Old 01-20-2014, 03:26 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's nice, but you'd better stand in line at the Stub Hub counter and order you up some tickets to that bandwagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I was referring to Seattle Sehawks fans... not Broncos fans. I don't think I mentioned the Broncos except I hope Manning and team beat the Seahawks. Maybe you are confused with what I said. Whatever. It's just football.
I didn't mean to single you out, sorry. Just talkin' some Bronco smack here. It's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
...to which Brady replied "who are you again?"

Quote:
Hopefully you're not sipping Starbucks
Worst swill I ever tasted. Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks. I'd had better Folgers personally.

Quote:
...and I promise you, Sherman wasn't the only one running his mouth.
That's right. And they will pay for it. It's an internal condition, the state of consciousness known as pride. If you got it, flaunt it, right? But the higher states of consciousness like Courage, Neutrality, Willingness, Acceptance, Reason, Love, Joy, Peace, and Enlightenment don't sell too well. It's a matter of maturity. When we win and we're boasting, it's great as long as it lasts. A winner has a million fathers, right?

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-20-2014 at 03:42 PM..

Old 01-20-2014, 03:29 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
^ happy!?

he didn't sound happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football