Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 05:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times

Advertisements

He choked up a bit at the Combine. He needs a better pro-day. That being said I say he goes around 6 or 7 in the draft, but there is no lock he makes a team. It will have nothing to do with his sexuality though if that is the case.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:00 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
He choked up a bit at the Combine. He needs a better pro-day. That being said I say he goes around 6 or 7 in the draft, but there is no lock he makes a team. It will have nothing to do with his sexuality though if that is the case.
Agreed. I can see a team taking a chance on him, but he's definitely going to have to earn a spot on a team. There will be nothing handed to him.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Agreed. I can see a team taking a chance on him, but he's definitely going to have to earn a spot on a team. There will be nothing handed to him.
...and that's the way that it should be.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:14 AM

According to former NFL star, Deion Sanders, EVERY team that he played on had, at least, one homosexual player on it -and he played on several teams. I'm Sorry - I don't know how to post the article.
You can decide for yourself whether he is telling the truth or not. Since he never played on my team, he was never really liked by our fans.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
According to former NFL star, Deion Sanders, EVERY team that he played on had, at least, one homosexual player on it -and he played on several teams. I'm Sorry - I don't know how to post the article.
You can decide for yourself whether he is telling the truth or not. Since he never played on my team, he was never really liked by our fans.
Most athletes that have been in the pro's for more then a few years will tell you they had gay teammates, or suspected gay teammates. Here in Philly there is a former college player, now out of the closet, Dorian Bryant claiming he had 6 or 7 gay teammates while playing at Perdue. Bryant was almost the first out gay athlete in the NFL. He was never drafted but eventually signed with the Steelers but let go due to physical health reasons. His plans were never to hide it had he made it. Gay athletes certainly do exist and my guess is what ever the percentage of the gen-pop are gay pretty much carries into pro sports.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Most athletes that have been in the pro's for more then a few years will tell you they had gay teammates, or suspected gay teammates. Here in Philly there is a former college player, now out of the closet, Dorian Bryant claiming he had 6 or 7 gay teammates while playing at Perdue. Bryant was almost the first out gay athlete in the NFL. He was never drafted but eventually signed with the Steelers but let go due to physical health reasons. His plans were never to hide it had he made it. Gay athletes certainly do exist and my guess is what ever the percentage of the gen-pop are gay pretty much carries into pro sports.
i don't think the 10% figure (supposedly) carries into sports. its lower than the general population. no way in hell theres about 5 gay players per team in nfl

Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i don't think the 10% figure (supposedly) carries into sports. its lower than the general population. no way in hell theres about 5 gay players per team in nfl
It's impossible for anyone to even guess. There will be those who no matter what will not go public. Think about it like this, it's not even just about the general public, but perhaps, those individuals don't even want to deal with their own families. Unless someone comes out and openly admits that they are gay, it's impossible to put a number to what is out there.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Where did I suggest 10 percent? My guess, and it is only a guess would fall into a range of 2 to 5 percent, and that would include someone who may not identify as gay but sleeps with both sexes. A survey done within collegiate sports found 3 percent of student male athletes identified as gay. Of course that figure is over all team sports and does not include those that are closeted that would not admit to being gay. I suspect the closeted ones would come mostly from Football, Basketball or Baseball.

http://www.campuspride.org/wp-conten...ec-Summary.pdf

Last edited by jazzy jeff; 03-02-2014 at 03:42 AM..

Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Where did I suggest 10 percent? My guess, and it is only a guess would fall into a range of 2 to 5 percent, and that would include someone who may not identify as gay but sleeps with both sexes. A survey done within collegiate sports found 3 percent of student male athletes identified as gay. Of course that figure is over all team sports and does not include those that are closeted that would not admit to being gay. I suspect the closeted ones would come mostly from Football, Basketball or Baseball.

http://www.campuspride.org/wp-conten...ec-Summary.pdf
Here:

Quote:
Gay athletes certainly do exist and my guess is what ever the percentage of the gen-pop are gay pretty much carries into pro sports.
That sounds like you are suggesting that the gay population in pro sports is proportionate to the general population.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 AM

It very possibly could be because athletes aren't any different than anyone else, whether we choose to believe that or not.
We want to believe that athletes aren't criminals either - but some of them are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football