Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 09:45 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And the gay agenda continues.
no kidding! imagine them thinking they have any right to expect to be able to chase their dreams

Old 05-11-2014, 10:35 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Sam is now complaining to the media he should have gone in the 3rd round, not the 7th. Wasn't he one of the lowest rated lineman, like bottom 10 or 15%, in the NFL combine and way too small?

He was picked in the 7th round because of homophobia, I tell ya.....St. Louis will be sorry they picked this whiny guy.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:19 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
His parents probably did know....but de'nile is not just a river in Egypt.

I saw it play out in my own family. My much loved cousin was gay.....I grew up understanding this. But until the they died, his father and our grandmother would not admit it. He was even our grandmother's favorite...but you could never get to to even consider the idea. Sam's father was forced come to terms with it all publicly - because he refused to privately....and I really, really, really doubt he didn't know. He just wanted to ignore it until he couldn't.

It's the a*hole's loss. I've not seen anything in Micheal Sam's character that gives me pause (and I am big into the idea of 'to those much have been given, much is expected' mindset). He had a bad combine...granted...and his draft place reflected that.....but I won't be surprised that under the right coaching - and the Rams have some solid coaching...he exceedes that draft place and has, at the very least, a few great years.

The rest of this is just noise.
So are you suggesting that his father is lying?

I honest stand what you are saying about people being in denial, but that still doesn't mean he shouldn't have tried to formally tell his father.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And the gay agenda continues.
The coverage on Sportscenter is irritating. I honestly don't watch ESPN, but I had no choice since they had it on at my gym. They just kept talking about him over and over and showing him kissing his lover. The thing is though, this really isn't that historic as they are making it. There have been gay players that teammates knew were gay. The only thing that is unique about this situation is the media attention that is going to come with it. Honestly if he doesn't make the team or any team, he won't really be any different than Wade Davis.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:45 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
Has anyone complained yet that he is in an interracial relationship? - LOL.

BTW - This IS historic because this is the first time that an NFL team has KNOWN that it was drafting a gay player. St. Louis will go down in the NFL history books for doing so.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Has anyone complained yet that he is in an interracial relationship? - LOL.

BTW - This IS historic because this is the first time that an NFL team has KNOWN that it was drafting a gay player. St. Louis will go down in the NFL history books for doing so.
How does it affect the team? It will be distracting because of how the media is covering it, but it will have 0 impact on the actual game. That's the point. It's only historic for how the media wants to cover it, but honestly he may have many teammates who have already had a gay teammate.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
Who said anything about how it will affect the team?
I said that this is the first time that a team has knowingly and publicly drafted a gay player. Now that the floodgates have been opened, others will begin doing the same, until it is a nonstory in a year or 2.
Players, already on teams, including stars, will begin coming out. Each team will have 3 or 4 gay players on it - including your team.
Players in other sports leagues - baseball, hockey, etc., will begin coming out.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:00 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Is he going to play center? Hut hut!

Old 05-11-2014, 06:59 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
For those insistent that Micheal Sam was dis-owned by his father, have some bad information.

“My son did the right thing, and I am not against him at all,” Sam Sr. said. “He has made a great statement in coming out, and that he should be able to play in the NFL. I love him unconditionally. … Once he gets on the field and hits [someone] once, they won’t think he’s gay.”

Michael Sam’s father says he was “terribly misquoted” | ProFootballTalk

Quote:

Original Text

NFL prospect Michael Sam has taken the sports world
by storm with his public proclamation on Sunday that he is gay. The former
Missouri Tigers defensive end was Co-Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC
this past season and will likely be selected in the 2014 NFL draft, making
history in the process.

But while Sam has received a lot of support over the past year from his
teammates and recently from the media, Missouri fans and others, his father
hasn't been as quick to accept Sam's sexual orientation.

Joe Drape, Steve Eder and Billy Witz of The
New York Times reported that Michael Sam Sr. was celebrating his
birthday at a local Denny's restaurant in the Dallas area last Tuesday when his
son text messaged him: "Dad, I'm gay."

It shook Sam Sr. to the point that he was unable to finish his meal.

"I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” said Sam
Sr. “I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment...I’m
old-school. I’m a man and a woman type of guy."

The Times piece is an extended feature, profiling Michael Sam's
childhood, including some of the difficulties his siblings faced. The article
led ESPN's Keith Law to weigh in with an explosive take:
This is not a misquote........this is months and months of being roasted and slammed by every news and sports outlet in the world!

This is guy who has pretty much been bullied into trying to get his life back!!! And this p!sses me off!!

He said what he said and meant it! But now look at this.........this dude probably could walk into a place without getting the stink eye!

This man has caved to the pressure.....

Old 05-11-2014, 07:03 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
You try taking the brunt of an all-powerful media and see what you do........

[youtube]
=-oJSuqmMYrw[youtube]

This times a 1000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football