Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

At an exclusive event for season pass holders...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 01:50 PM

224 posts, read 273,477 times
The Bucs should have stuck with their 1997-2013 uniforms. There was nothing wrong with them. Heck, I'd even rather that they brought back their original tangerine-and-white-trimmed-in-red unis instead of these new ones. They truly look like clowns now.

I am losing more and more of what little respect I had left for Nike with each of their NFL and especially college uniform redesigns.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I'm still getting use to them - they're hideous at first. I didn't go to the unveiling event, but saw another fan wearing them at an Arena Football game this past weekend an up close, it didn't look bad.

But as I've always said, winning makes all uniforms look much better. I'm tired of these 4-12 seasons. Lets get back to winning like we did when Gruden was our HC.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:54 PM

224 posts, read 273,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Answer...

In the 1950s, when helmet logos became popular, the Steelers added players' numbers to either side of their gold helmets. Later that decade, the numbers were removed and in 1962, Cleveland's Republic Steel suggested to the Steelers that they use the Steelmark as a helmet logo.

The Steelers are the only NFL team that sports their logo on only one side of the helmet. At first, this was a temporary measure because the Steelers weren't sure they would like the look of the logo on an all-gold helmet. They wanted to test them before going all-out.

Equipment manager Jack Hart was instructed to put the logo only on one side of the helmet - the right side. The 1962 Steelers finished 9-5 and became the winningest team in franchise history to date. The team finished second in the Eastern Conference and qualified for the Playoff Bowl. They wanted to do something special for their first postseason game, so they changed the color of their helmets from gold to black, which helped to highlight the new logo.

Because of the interest generated by having the logo on only one side of their helmets and because of their team's new success, the Steelers decided to leave it that way permanently.

I hope the Steelers leave their helmets that way (I do wish they would go back to the plain unpainted gray facemasks though) and leave their uniforms the way they are.

I hope Nike at least has enough sense to leave the Browns' helmets alone since they are destroying--I mean designing new uniforms for them. Somehow I doubt it though.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3243 View Post
I hope the Steelers leave their helmets that way (I do wish they would go back to the plain unpainted gray facemasks though) and leave their uniforms the way they are.

I hope Nike at least has enough sense to leave the Browns' helmets alone since they are destroying--I mean designing new uniforms for them. Somehow I doubt it though.

The new ownership has mentioned that they will not mess with the Browns helmet.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:09 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
New Uniforms ?

:-###

Sadly, I will have to see that all over town now

Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
I actually like those older uniforms too. They are simple but unique.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:38 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I actually like those older uniforms too. They are simple but unique.
Perhaps the best helmet decal, along with the Houston Oilers.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Perhaps the best helmet decal, along with the Houston Oilers.

Yeah, it wasn't a bad look. And as a Browns fan, while I despised the Oilers back in the day, I miss that old rivalry that we had with them.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:09 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Holy crap, we still suck - new uniforms worked last time - but this time, we might be the worst team in the league.

I thought we had a decent HC, DC, OC - a good draft. A somewhat reliable (but not a franchise type) QB......and some good pieces in place, but this has gotten ridiculous.

First two weeks we lose two games against a backup and practice squad QB - games we probably should have won. Now we go up against near HoF QBs - and one game on National TV....this is going to suck.

That is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football