Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 11:25 PM

5,820 posts, read 5,627,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Chargers have been awesome on the East Coast this year and the won again today. They made it interesting though at the end. Great defensive game plan.
The defensive game planning was outstanding. This was a great job by Lynn and staff learning and studying from that loss just what, two weeks ago? Go Bolts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 07:54 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I now live in Denver and almost all Bronco fans hate Rivers. The hatred stems back to the days of Cutler. Cutler was just a whiny baby and Rivers trolled him. Funny thing is the Bronco fans would take Rivers in a heart beat if he was available. The radio pundits here even had a big discussion about it.

Rivers is awesome on and off the field. I just heard his wife is expecting child number 9. You have to have a lot of energy for that.
Not anymore. I actually like the Chargers now that Rivers has grown up and shut up.

That said, the boltz are right where we've seen them before. A whole bunch of beat up players. I don't see them lasting much more.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:28 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
As I watched the Pats shellacking of the Chargers today I had to wonder if today was the day Phil Rivers decided to say phooey on it all and just retire.

But he's a competitor; IMO he'll stay around long enough to play in that new stadium in 2020, then retire. I wish he could get a Super Bowl ring first.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:58 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
As I watched the Pats shellacking of the Chargers today I had to wonder if today was the day Phil Rivers decided to say phooey on it all and just retire.

But he's a competitor; IMO he'll stay around long enough to play in that new stadium in 2020, then retire. I wish he could get a Super Bowl ring first.
Quarterbacks don't get Super Bowl rings, oh, except for Peyton Manning of course, the rare exception.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM

2,538 posts, read 2,735,966 times
Well that didn't go well.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:44 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,738 times
Great season! Expected ending. Just hate Tom Brady/Bill B. Chargers just can't get beyond them in the playoffs.

Go Chiefs!

Old 01-14-2019, 06:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
out coached, out played but mainly, simply out coached...

Old 04-24-2020, 08:43 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,348 times
Justin Herbert was the QB I wanted all along (as opposed to Tua...obviously Burrow was out of reach), solid pick by the Bolts. I think was a sure fire potential top 3 pick if he had come out in 2019, so it was a little surprising that he stayed another year. He went through 3 different head coaches in his time at Oregon, and clearly didn't have NFL 1st or 2nd round teammates/weapons at his disposal the way Burrow and Tua did. So obviously he didn't win games to the level that those guys did.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:57 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Lynn is going back to Taylor. Not a total shocker since he is the starting QB but is he really a starting NFL QB? Herbert was drafted for a reason. Based on what I saw of both games Herbert appears to be the better option. How short is the leash on Tyrod Taylor?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-major-tumble/

Old 09-23-2020, 06:47 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Lynn is going back to Taylor. Not a total shocker since he is the starting QB but is he really a starting NFL QB? Herbert was drafted for a reason. Based on what I saw of both games Herbert appears to be the better option. How short is the leash on Tyrod Taylor?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-major-tumble/
This is a tough one for me. I love Tyrod since he is a fellow Hampton native. I root for Lynn as someone who furiously supports black head coaches and QBs as well. However, if Lynn’s motivation for going back to Tyrod is to try and save his job, I actually think starting Herbert would buy him more slack as far as job security since Spanos is cheap and would be more amenable to giving time for a rookie QB to develop under the same coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football