Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which coaches do you think are the worst?
Lovie Smith 4 8.89%
Jim Schwartz 6 13.33%
Lou Holtz 1 2.22%
Chan Gailey 3 6.67%
Cam Cameron 4 8.89%
Ken Wisenhunt 4 8.89%
Marc Trestman 2 4.44%
Marvin Lewis 3 6.67%
Les Steckel 5 11.11%
Brad Childress 2 4.44%
Rob Chudzinski 2 4.44%
Rich Kotite 7 15.56%
Joe Philbon 4 8.89%
Chip Kelly 4 8.89%
Rod Marinelli 1 2.22%
Norv Turner 5 11.11%
Raheem Morris 1 2.22%
Jason Garrett 2 4.44%
Rex Ryan 3 6.67%
Bobby Petrino 6 13.33%
Jeff Fisher 3 6.67%
Bill Peterson 1 2.22%
Butch Davis 2 4.44%
Eric Mangini 4 8.89%
Nick Saban 3 6.67%
Mike Shanahan 4 8.89%
Tony Sparano 3 6.67%
Dennis Allen 2 4.44%
Greg Schiano 4 8.89%
Tom Cable 4 8.89%
Ray Rhodes 2 4.44%
Josh McDaniels 9 20.00%
Jim Caldwell 1 2.22%
Jim Tomsula 9 20.00%
Jim L. Mora 3 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:18 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,204 times

Advertisements

On the poll I forget to add Steve Spurrier. Spurrier was terrible. The worst by far, again in my opinion, is Greg Schiano. The worst coach in Dolphins history is definitely Cam Cameron. Cameron was awful. He went 1-15 in his only year with Miami. Tony Sparano was pretty bad too.

Plus Rex Ryan will be gone from Buffalo is they don't make the playoffs this upcoming season.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 04-21-2016 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: fixed spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 03:26 PM

I guess Acercode and 7express mentioned Jeff Fisher, since wasn't that bad in Tennessee, nobody voted for him.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:45 PM

We'll see how the Rams do this upcoming season. The last time they made the playoffs was 2004 under Mike Martz. If Jeff Fisher doesn't help the Rams to a playoff season, Fisher could be fired after the season.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
I think that, Jim Schwartz, the former head coach of the Detroit Lions, was the worst NFL head coach. Just seeing that guy on the sidelines made my skin crawl. He seemed like a real jerk. He couldn't win with talent and his teams were undisciplined. And he got into that stupid post-game altercation with Jim Harbaugh. I guess he's a defensive coordinator for the Bills now. The Bills defense is great, so I guess you could say he's doing a good coaching job. But I prefer to believe that the Bills' defensive unit was talented before he got there and didn't really need any coaching up.
Yeah Schwartz was terrible. The Lions were talented but they weren't disciplined enough to win with talent. Plus the Lions improved a little bit when they hired Jim Caldwell to replace the fired Schwartz. Schwartz is a good coordinator though, defensive coordinator in his case. He should never get another NFL head coaching job again; he couldn't get the job done in Detroit. I do remember the feud between him and Harbaugh but they did reconcile the year after the feud.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:40 PM

I forgot to mention Dick LeBeau. He was awful with Cincinnati but he is a great defensive coordinator though, especially when he was employed by the Steelers. Bud Carson for the Browns was really bad too, 1989 and 1990. His overall record is 12-19-1 before being replaced by ex-Browns coach and current Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Steve Spagnuolo for the Rams was pretty bad. He went 1-15 in his first year for the team. He's in his second term as defensive coordinator for the Giants. He's a great defensive coordinator but an such an awful awful head coach. In fact his 1-15 record matches Cam Cameron's record in his first year with Miami. These are the two coaches that I know that went 1-15 in their rookie seasons for a franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Rod Rust, 1990 New England Patriots.

Like a lot of guys, he was a good coordinator (defensive coordinator in Rust's case), but not a good head coach.
Jimmy Johnson also went 1-15 in his rookie year with the Cowboys though he is one of the greatest college coaches though by 1991 the Cowboys started improving and even won two Super Bowls over Buffalo. Johnson replaced Tom Landry in 1989. He struggled as coach with the Dolphins.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Chan Gailey is a good college coach but not a very good NFL coach. He is 34-46 in his overall NFL record. Cam Cameron - what a blowhard, such an awful awful head coach. He only had won victory, against Baltimore, and was FIRED after 2007. Rod Rust also went 1-15 before being fired from the Patriots. This is why Miami, after the Don Shula era and the Jimmy Johnson era, have had a lot of bad seasons until 2008 during Sparano's rookie year as Dolphins coach. That was the last time the Dolphins made the playoffs. Joe Philbin couldn't get it done at all. IMO, Cam Cameron is the WORST coach in Dolphins history. Nick Saban was pretty bad too and Cameron replaced Saban after leaving to coach Alabama.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:54 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
We'll see how the Rams do this upcoming season. The last time they made the playoffs was 2004 under Mike Martz. If Jeff Fisher doesn't help the Rams to a playoff season, Fisher could be fired after the season.
I don't see why not. Bradford got injured in two of his three seasons. Then the Rams ditched Bradford for Foles who didn't performed well.

The Rams defense is great. Their offense is holding them back. The Seahawks, Cardinals and at one point the 49ers dominated the NFC West. Sure the Rams won matchups here and there but it was too much ground to cover.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:39 AM

5,820 posts, read 5,627,677 times
Jeff Fisher, while not the worst, is definitely not a good coach. He has a losing record and is probably the biggest underachieving the game has ever seen. He's also a bit too arrogant for my liking, like, you can be arrogant if you're good. How the F are you arrogant with annual 8-8 records?

Mike Munchak sucked, but Mike Mularkey is one of the worst coaches ever, period. The Titans are my AFC team, and I swear to God I wanted to strangle somebody after hearing we retained him. For what? Poor motivator, even worse media presence, not a good play caller, perennial loser! He sucked in Buffalo, sucked even worse in Jacksonville, and this team needs a proven coach to mold the young talent...

How the **** does this guy still keep getting head coaching jobs?

Old 06-19-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Jeff Fisher, while not the worst, is definitely not a good coach. He has a losing record and is probably the biggest underachieving the game has ever seen. He's also a bit too arrogant for my liking, like, you can be arrogant if you're good. How the F are you arrogant with annual 8-8 records?

Mike Munchak sucked, but Mike Mularkey is one of the worst coaches ever, period. The Titans are my AFC team, and I swear to God I wanted to strangle somebody after hearing we retained him. For what? Poor motivator, even worse media presence, not a good play caller, perennial loser! He sucked in Buffalo, sucked even worse in Jacksonville, and this team needs a proven coach to mold the young talent...

How the **** does this guy still keep getting head coaching jobs?
He only spent year in Jacksonville. Plus Mike Munchack was pretty bad too. Gus Bradley is on the list too. He is really awful and Jacksonville just can't seem to find ways to win games. The last time Jacksonville made the playoffs was 2007 under Jack Del Rio. Bradley right now has to be one of the worst coaches currently. Rex Ryan is terrible. Sure he went to the playoffs with the Jets a couple times but right now his overall record currently is 54-58. The owner of the Buffalo Bills said that if the Bills don't make the playoffs, Rex will be gone. Marvin Lewis is also one of the lousiest. Every time when the takes the Bengals to the playoffs, they just can't win. Their last playoff win was 1991.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football