Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:50 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times

Advertisements

With 3 games, many scenarios that can happen! Playoffs spots can be clinched but seeding would be up in the air until the end of the season because it depends on win/loss records. Number 1 seed this early, have to play the games first!

If there are ties, then it comes down to who beat who and this is where the Packers could have a problem. They lost to NFC teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 10:37 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I found that out last night. I thought I heard the nfl network say a win and they clinch. But I found out they do clinch on sunday if the cowboys/eagles game don't end in a tie
The only way they don't make it at 11-5:

Eagles/Cowboys ends in a tie, and BOTH win the final 2 games. Both would make playoffs with 11-4-1 records (Eagles would be division champs; Cowboys the 1 Wildcard)
Lions win final 3 games to finish 12-4 (they'd win the division on tiebreaker according to the playoff machine).
That'll leave the playoffs as: Seahawks, and Lions/Eagles the top 2 seeds (Lions would need a Seahawks loss to either the Rams/Niners or both to finish #1 and in that case the Eagles would be #2), if the Seahawks lose 1 of those 2 aforementioned games they are the 3 seed playing the #6 seed Cowboys, if not it's an NFC East battle in the 3 vs. 6 game with the Cowboys playing the Eagles. The Packers would be the #5 seed, likely a double digit favorite against whichever hapless team punches it's way out of the paper bag first and wins the South.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:04 AM

OK, Packers win, Eagles beat the Cowboys and Packers get a playoff spot. Nice, but I want them to have the #1 or #2 seed so win out please!

Old 12-13-2014, 11:39 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
[QUO eagles TE=7exp ress;3 b7621347]The only way they don't make it at 11-5:

Eagles/Cowboys ends in a tie, and BOTH win the final 2 games. Both would make playoffs with 11-4-1 records (Eagles would be division champs; Cowboys the 1 Wildcard)
Lions win final 3 games to finish 12-4 (they'd win the division on tiebreaker according to the playoff machine).
That'll leave the playoffs as: Seahawks, and Lions/Eagles the top 2 seeds (Lions would need a Seahawks loss to either the Rams/Niners or both to finish #1 and in that case the Eagles would be #2), if the Seahawks lose 1 of those 2 aforementioned games they are the 3 seed playing the #6 seed Cowboys, if not it's an NFC East battle in the 3 vs. 6 game with the Cowboys playing the Eagles. The Packers would be the #5 seed, likely a double digit favorite against whichever hapless team punches it's way out of the paper bag first and wins the South.[/quote]

6 seed cowboys and 3 Seed eagles would is what I want

Old 12-17-2014, 02:04 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
now that sundays games have been played, the playoff picture is a bit clearer now. sorry cowboys haters, but right now the cowboys just have to match phillys efforts in their last two games, and philly is eliminated and dallas is division champions. and the cards have clinched a playoff spot, the first team to do so in the nfc.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:47 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
now that sundays games have been played, the playoff picture is a bit clearer now. sorry cowboys haters, but right now the cowboys just have to match phillys efforts in their last two games, and philly is eliminated and dallas is division champions. and the cards have clinched a playoff spot, the first team to do so in the nfc.
I believe that will be the eagles biggest collapse since 1993 after starting 7-2 and then missing the playoffs. But this season would be worst because they had 9 wins after thanksgiving and ended up missing the playoffs

Old 12-17-2014, 06:03 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I believe that will be the eagles biggest collapse since 1993 after starting 7-2 and then missing the playoffs. But this season would be worst because they had 9 wins after thanksgiving and ended up missing the playoffs
If the Eagles win out and and miss the playoffs at 11-5, then that would not qualify as a collapse.. just bad luck.

If they lose out, that would mean they lost their final 4 games of the season and YES, that would be a major collapse... but i don't see that happening.... it would be nice but unlikely!

Old 12-17-2014, 06:50 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
If the Eagles win out and and miss the playoffs at 11-5, then that would not qualify as a collapse.. just bad luck.
If they lose out, that would mean they lost their final 4 games of the season and YES, that would be a major collapse...
I agree with the assessment that the Eagles' season is more about bad luck, than a collapse. Imo., the loss of their starting QB was a misfortune that has harmed their chances more than anything.
The media has acted like Foles to Sanchez was not a downgrade. But Foles had a historically good start to his career (27 Tds & only 2 ints in his second season, 15-9 win-loss as a young starter); the kid is legit. If he had stayed healthy I believe Philly would've locked up the division. Sanchez has been a decent replacement, but not the same.

I'm rooting for Arizona, and Lindley now.. but their QB downgrade is similar to Philly's.. we'll see.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:24 AM

Collapse? I don't see it as a collapse, not when they've won that many games and still 2 games to play.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:21 AM
FBJ

I believe it will still have the collapse feel because how often does a team start 9-3 and miss the playoffs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football