Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 07:04 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,351,518 times

Advertisements

Wild Card Round

Colts vs Cincinnati
Steelers vs San Diego

Falcons vs Cardinals
Lions vs Cowboys

Divisional Round

Colts vs Patriots
Steelers vs Broncos

Cardinals vs Seahawks
Lions vs Packers

Conference Round

Patriots vs Broncos
Seahawks vs Packers

Superbowl

Patriots vs Seahawks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 08:28 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
#3 Steelers over #6 Ravens
#4 Colts over #5 Bengals
#6 Detroit over #3 Dallas
#4 Atlanta over #5 Arizona

#2 Broncos over #3 Steelers
#1 Patriots over #4 Colts
#1 Seattle over #6 Detroit
#2 Green Bay over #4 Atlanta

#1 Patriots over #2 Broncos
#2 Green Bay over #1 Seattle

#2 Green Bay over #1 Patriots

Old 12-26-2014, 06:05 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
Wild Card Round

Colts vs Cincinnati
Steelers vs San Diego

Falcons vs Cardinals
Lions vs Cowboys

Divisional Round

Colts vs Patriots
Steelers vs Broncos

Cardinals vs Seahawks
Lions vs Packers

Conference Round

Patriots vs Broncos
Seahawks vs Packers

Superbowl

Patriots vs Seahawks
I checked the past 6 years and there has not been a scenerio where the #1 & #2 seeds have played each other in both conferences...are you thinking this year will be any different?

Old 12-29-2014, 06:10 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Wild Card Round
Colts vs Bengals-Colts really weren't that impressive this season and just kind of coasted thanks to an easy division. However, they're going against Andy Dalton in the playoffs at home, so I gotta go with the Colts here. They blew the Bengals out 27-0 earlier in the season. Ho Hum! Bengals lose in the first round again.

Steelers vs Ravens-This is a classic rivalry game and the first-round match I'm looking forward to the most. They split during the regular season. Steelers were a Jekyll and Hyde team most of the season, but they seem to have righted ship down the stretch. Ravens kind of limped into the playoffs. While the Ravens are typically a good playoff team, I think momentum is on the side of the Steelers.

Cowboys vs Lions-This is more of a wishful thinking pick. I actually think the Cowboys will win this, but I couldn't bring myself to pick them out of spite for the team. I mean, Matt Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning teams. That's a staggering stat, and it doesn't look good for the Lions going to Dallas to play a Cowboys team who appear to be clicking on all cylinders. The only good thing is that it's in Arlington where the Cowboys are .500 on the season. Hopefully Romo makes a boneheaded play to lose it.

Panthers vs Cardinals-This is kind of a dud game for the playoffs. I can't believe I'm picking a team with a losing record, but the Panthers are looking good right now, winning their last 4. Cardinals have gone 2-4 since their hot 9-1 start and have sputtered with their injuries, especially at the QB position. It's gotten so bad for the Cardinals that they're pinning their hopes on Drew Stanton to come back and be the saving grace. I think even if Stanton comes back that the Panthers will win this.

Divisional Round
Patriots vs. Colts-A well-rested Patriots team will cruise past the Colts in Foxboro. Colts were a popular pick to win the AFC this year, but I just don't see them getting past the Patriots. Luck would have to have the game of his life. New England won soundly, 42-20, at Indy in the regular season meeting.

Broncos vs. Steelers-This could end up being a really good game, but I give the edge to the Broncos simply because they're going to get a week of much-needed rest and preparation, not to mention, they're undefeated at home this season.

Packers vs. Panthers-A healthy Aaron Rodgers and the Packers put an end to the Panthers season with a blowout win at Lambeau.

Seahawks vs. Lions-If the Lions somehow get past the Cowboys, they will get eliminated by the Legion of Boom. Seahawks are the hottest team in the playoffs right now, winning their last 6 games. Everyone was wondering what was wrong with them earlier in the year, but they've returned to Super Bowl form.

Conference Round
Patriots vs Broncos-Defying all logic, I'm going with Peyton and the Broncos. I know playing in Foxboro is their kryptonite, but I just have a gut feeling about this.

Seahawks vs Packers-If anyone can go into Qwest Field and defeat the mighty Seahawks right now, it's the Packers. Yes, I know that the Packers got it handed to them by the Seahawks in Week 1, but I feel like if the Packers D can keep the Seahawks to 20 pts or less that Rodgers and company can put up just enough to win. Rodgers would be wise to stay away from Richard Sherman's side of the field. He has enough other weapons that I don't think that will be an issue.

Super Bowl
Broncos vs Packers-I think this will be one of the best Super Bowls and that Rodgers will outduel Manning in the desert.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-29-2014 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: I'm an idiot who didn't understand playoff seeding.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:21 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
According to the NFL, Detroit does not return to Lambeau if they beat the Cowboys.

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10

NFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Detroit/Arizona/Carolina at Seattle (FOX)

Sunday, Jan. 11

NFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Dallas/Carolina/Arizona at Green Bay (FOX)

Old 12-29-2014, 06:32 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Yeah, green bay would get Dallas or the winner of Carolina Arizona.
Even though Dallas is worse at home I don't see Detroit beating them.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:34 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
According to the NFL, Detroit does not return to Lambeau if they beat the Cowboys.

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10

Sunday, Jan. 11

that is correct because the #1 seed will always play the lowest seed (which this year is the Lions at #6)

The only way the Lions and Pack will play again this year would be if they both made it to the NFC Championship round..

Old 12-29-2014, 06:38 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10

Sunday, Jan. 11

Thanks for the info! I didn't understand how the seeding works. I thought the winner of the 4-5 game played the 1 seed and winner of the 3-6 game played the 2 seed, but, of course, the NFL isn't like that. If the 6 seed wins, they play the 1 seed. Well, shoot, I was hoping for a Packers-Lions rematch. I'm pretty sure Seattle and Green Bay will win no matter who the opponent is, but the Cowboys are perfect this season on the road and could give the Packers a challenge.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-29-2014 at 06:58 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 07:11 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Once the playoffs start, regular season stuff is out the window. Packers situation will depend if AR is a full go, and able to move out of the pocket. Cowboy fans are convinced because of their road record they are the only team able to hang with Seahawks, dismissing the other four. This is why the games are played, we shall see!

Old 12-29-2014, 07:17 AM

368 posts, read 396,138 times
Carolina over Arizona
Dallas over Detroit
Pittsburgh over Baltimore
Indianapolis over Cincinnati

Seattle over Carolina
Green Bay over Dallas
New England over Indianapolis
Denver over Pittsburgh

Seattle over Green Bay
New England over Denver

Seattle over New England
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football