Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:18 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Final picks and analysis before the weekend starts:

Ravens at Patriots: I think it should be a tight game. The Ravens defense is probably as healthy as it has been all season long, and they're a well-coached team. They will be prepared for the Patriots balanced offensive attack. However, there are some differences between this contest and the game against the Steelers. The Ravens had seen the Steelers twice before. They knew the speed at which the Steelers played. There were no surprises the Steelers could pull on the Ravens, and with the absence of Laveon Bell, it was the Steelers who were faced with the task of adapting to a huge loss in offensive output. The Steelers just didn't play good football. The Ravens absolutely played a good game, and Flacco out-smarted Dick Lebeau's defense a few times for some big plays. I don't think they're going to be so lucky against the Patriots, though. I think Brady and Belichick will spread the ball around, keep up the pace and the pressure on the Ravens defense, and they'll find the open targets. If the Ravens had seen the Patriots before, I'd like their chances more, but I like New England in a competitive contest, 28-23.

Panthers at Seahawks: The Panthers appear to be a team on a bit of a roll, but all that's going to change this weekend in the dark, damp, and loud Pacific Northwest. When you look at the Panther's recent success a little more closely, you'll see that they've basically puffed themselves up against average to below-average team. The Panthers are average, maybe even slightly above average. But they're going to be out-classed this weekend. Even against the Cardinals, their offense didn't really do a particularly great job of putting up points. They only got to 27 by virtue of good field position. Since they last saw each other in Charlotte, the Seahawks locker room environment has improved and Russell Wilson has shaken off his early struggles. I think the Seahawks are going to grind the Panthers into the Centurylink turf and possibly break it open in the 4th. I like Seattle 26-10.
I got the scores wrong, but the spread was about right.

If there's an upset in today's games, it'll probably happen in Denver, though I'm still picking Denver. I'd be stunned if Green Bay lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 10:56 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I got the scores wrong, but the spread was about right.

If there's an upset in today's games, it'll probably happen in Denver, though I'm still picking Denver. I'd be stunned if Green Bay lost.
The only lock this weekend is Denver.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:41 PM
FBJ

I been so sad about the Cowboys losing that I did not even notice the Broncos struggling at home vs the Colts. Now that I did not expect today since the Broncos are normally dominant at home.

Colts up 21-10 in Denver which is far from over but I expected denver in a cakewalk

Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
I didn't think it would be that easy, but I am surprised. Peyton hasn't really looked like himself, and there have been over throws, plus drops, not a good game for them.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:07 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I didn't think it would be that easy, but I am surprised. Peyton hasn't really looked like himself, and there have been over throws, plus drops, not a good game for them.
Something keeps telling me........."don't get sucked in you know denver is not losing" but it just looks like a very winnable game for the Colts. I think if the Colts score another TD after just holding denver to a FG to make 21-13, they should be headed to New England avenue

Old 01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
FBJ

Colts getting in position to win the game now since their

1. Defense is preventing TD's

2. Having success running the Ball

Old 01-11-2015, 05:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Good game, Colts. That Broncos team was about as uninspired as I've seen since the Orton/McD Broncos.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The only lock this weekend is Denver.
Yeah, so much for that "lock", lol.

I had Denver, too, but I also knew that on any given weekend, Manning might start to look old. This was the weekend that it finally happened. I don't think the offensive play-calling in the first half really helped him, but Manning has been throwing wounded ducks down field late in the season for the past three years in a row now. I think it's safe to say that his window of opportunity for winning another Super Bowl has been slammed shut. Time for Denver and the rest of the NFL to think about life after Peyton, and time for Peyton to think about life after football.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Good game, Colts. That Broncos team was about as uninspired as I've seen since the Orton/McD Broncos.
I was so sure denver would win this game by 30 that I wasn't even going to turn it on lol But I was like let me just turn it on anyway and surprisingly the Colts go into Denver and beat the Broncos?

Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Colts are playing man coverage extremely well. Was expecting the Broncos to try to open the short game up a bit more in the first half and then gradually stretch the field. I also thought Denver's D would put more pressure on Luck, but credit the Colts: they're gelling at the right time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football