Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:21 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,080,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
How much was it Harbaugh complaining? All I saw was him responding to a question from journalists about why he approached the officials on the field.
He was complaining to the refs on the field.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM

If the NFL does make a change in the way it deals with this "play", then maybe the Pats will owe the Ravens a draft pick as a penalty for doing it in the first place. When you have a history of pushing the limits of the rules to bend them in your favor, you should have to pay for it when you go too far.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,005,873 times
I agree with that. But Brady complains whenever he gets hit, so let's leave the on-the-field stuff on the field.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:28 PM

I would love to see the NFL come out and say that you cannot change the terms of a player's contract in order to circumvent the salary cap, even if the player approves of it. You sign a contract, you should have to live with it. You know damn well the Pats will end up compensating Brady somehow, later on. The Pats are becoming an embarrassment to the NFL in the way they border on cheating if not flat out cheating.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:52 PM

16 posts, read 11,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
C'mon son. I said Billick. All those years in Minnesota with Carter and even Moss at the end, and he comes in to Baltimore and can barely put 20 points on the board. He still did some good things in 2000 obviously, but he lost the players by 2006. In 2006, the Ravens had one of the greatest defenses ever, and held the great Manning to 5 field goals in the playoffs, but they couldn't do anything on offense.
apologies, i read it incorrectly....the only defense i have for Billick, is look who his QB's were....he won a SB with Dilfer, didnt he have Tony Banks for awhile? Now, its fair to point the finger at him and say "why didnt he get a better QB" and that would be fair. For who he had at QB, 20 pts wasnt a bad thing....lol

Old 01-12-2015, 02:06 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If the NFL does make a change in the way it deals with this "play", then maybe the Pats will owe the Ravens a draft pick as a penalty for doing it in the first place. When you have a history of pushing the limits of the rules to bend them in your favor, you should have to pay for it when you go too far.
Quote:
I would love to see the NFL come out and say that you cannot change the terms of a player's contract in order to circumvent the salary cap, even if the player approves of it. You sign a contract, you should have to live with it. You know damn well the Pats will end up compensating Brady somehow, later on. The Pats are becoming an embarrassment to the NFL in the way they border on cheating if not flat out cheating.
You definitely sound liked a Ravens fan and a typical Patriots hater, due largely to their success. You don't have to say Beli-cheat or Skygate because I can already infer your feelings as such. You will asterick everything the Patriots have accomplished.

As with all the haters, if the Patriots past 12 years was your teams past 12 years you wouldn't be saying anything other than showering praise on your team.

It used to be exhausting listening to the haters, now it's just humorous.

The business of contracts has always been there, and as always, contracts are played within the dictated rules.

And your comment above - funny how all the epxerts who have played the games and commentate pretty much say Belichick is one of the best coaches, Brady is one of the best QB's, and the Patriots are a model franchise.

So in the spirit of the OP, you are a perfect fan.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:11 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,005,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder Wand View Post
apologies, i read it incorrectly....the only defense i have for Billick, is look who his QB's were....he won a SB with Dilfer, didnt he have Tony Banks for awhile? Now, its fair to point the finger at him and say "why didnt he get a better QB" and that would be fair. For who he had at QB, 20 pts wasnt a bad thing....lol
What about Air McNair?

He still had a good RB those years, and a few decent players in the receiving corps (Mason, Heap, maybe a couple others). It's pretty amazing how quickly Harbaugh came in and turned the team around.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:40 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,797,919 times
Quote:
You should be more upset with that fact that Baltimore blew not one, but two 14 points leads. Oh and Flacco threw 2 bad INTs, one of which sealed the game. Take the loss and move on.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You definitely sound liked a Ravens fan and a typical Patriots hater, due largely to their success. You don't have to say Beli-cheat or Skygate because I can already infer your feelings as such. You will asterick everything the Patriots have accomplished.

As with all the haters, if the Patriots past 12 years was your teams past 12 years you wouldn't be saying anything other than showering praise on your team.

It used to be exhausting listening to the haters, now it's just humorous.

The business of contracts has always been there, and as always, contracts are played within the dictated rules.

And your comment above - funny how all the epxerts who have played the games and commentate pretty much say Belichick is one of the best coaches, Brady is one of the best QB's, and the Patriots are a model franchise.

So in the spirit of the OP, you are a perfect fan.
Actually I used to be a Pats fan back in the 80s, when I lived in the Attleboro area. Not any more.

And anyone who has a total understanding of how the Pats were using a loophole in the rules to effectively cheat and can go along with it is either short on scruples or a Pats fan all the way. Look at the link in the OP and there is a good explanation, with pictures just for people like you, that explain how it was done.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
You should be more upset with that fact that Baltimore blew not one, but two 14 points leads. Oh and Flacco threw 2 bad INTs, one of which sealed the game. Take the loss and move on.
What was the difference in the final score? Less than one touchdown, one of which was the result of the trickery. We don't have much choice, do we? Can't replay the game. Just have to take it for what it is. Everyone should go to the HOF before Bellicheat gets in. Hopefully he never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football