Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 02:39 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,241 times

Advertisements

I was watching the Colts broncos game and the Broncos had guys WIDE open Down the field and in the middle of the field all day. Peyton just was missing them or didn't see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 11:50 PM

19,967 posts, read 30,182,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
It's obvious the refs will favor the Patriots. This year, the refs always favored the Pats. Maybe Robert Kraft is krafting a deal with the refs...
this is pure bs

the refs favored the ravens,,,gronk was getting held/p.i. all day long and not being called,,
the pats had p.i. calls they wouldn't call on the ravens defenders

Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 AM

19,967 posts, read 30,182,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm not good with guessing scores.

Patriots over the Colts. Although they've beaten the Colts soundly in the Luck era 3 times, this is the Championship so I expect it to be a much closer game. Plus the Patriots love to play close games in the playoffs - not good for the heart.

I'm almost at a draw with Green Bay at Seattle. Even though Rodgers played a gritty and great game while being hobbled, even with a decent Dallas defense Seattle's is much better. I expect them to be at Rodgers doorstep a lot more than Dallas was to take advantage of his injury. That, coupled with home field, I will give a slight edge to Seattle here.
if pats come to play, not be complacent on either side of the ball, they can beat any team,
brady, like the other qb's can put a lot of scoring up in a short amount of time

they said in the ravens game his pass releases were just 2-3 seconds for the 7-12 yard passes
this can neutralize a great defense if brady is on his game

I think brady is on a mission this year,,,one of his last opportunities for another ring and he is hungry for it
he needs to be fired up to inspire the rest of the team

Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 AM

8 posts, read 4,638 times
For the GB-Sea game, much of the talk has focused on how Rodgers will respond against the Seahawk defense....I think the bigger subplot is the Seahawk offense vs the GB defense....In the first matchup, the Seahawks rushed for 207 yards. People will respond "that was so long ago, not relevant"....ok, fine....Dallas gashed the GB defense on the ground. Does GB have any answer for a team with a good ground game?

Old 01-16-2015, 10:36 AM

14,320 posts, read 14,602,879 times
It has been an issue, they have improved in that area, but not enough maybe.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,276,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if pats come to play, not be complacent on either side of the ball, they can beat any team,
brady, like the other qb's can put a lot of scoring up in a short amount of time

they said in the ravens game his pass releases were just 2-3 seconds for the 7-12 yard passes
this can neutralize a great defense if brady is on his game

I think brady is on a mission this year,,,one of his last opportunities for another ring and he is hungry for it
he needs to be fired up to inspire the rest of the team
I agree with Brady being on a mission, and his team backing him up this year (and healthy *knocks wood*). Of the 4 QB's left, Brady is the closest to this being his "last chance". He's played with a chip on his shoulder ever since coming into the league at 199, as opposed to Manning coming in the announced king as the #1 pick.

The Pats/Brady haters I believe exist just because they are tired of the winning and Brady's super model wife. For whatever reason, they think he needs #4 before Brady and the Pats are considered something more than they already are. I really hope they do it this year.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:07 PM

14,320 posts, read 14,602,879 times
I try to ignore all the internet chatter! It is amazing, how fast time goes by. Aaron sat behind Favre 3 years started playing in 2008 and has 1 SB. Hard to believe going on 10 years in the league. He will play 7 or 8 more probably but definitely wants more rings. He and Tom are friends, Cali boys, Rodgers with Olivia Munn, I think Tom is the one he relates to the most. I want to be positive but this may not be the year they get to the SB, Seahawks are tough.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I try to ignore all the internet chatter! It is amazing, how fast time goes by. Aaron sat behind Favre 3 years started playing in 2008 and has 1 SB. Hard to believe going on 10 years in the league. He will play 7 or 8 more probably but definitely wants more rings. He and Tom are friends, Cali boys, Rodgers with Olivia Munn, I think Tom is the one he relates to the most. I want to be positive but this may not be the year they get to the SB, Seahawks are tough.
As a Pats fan I want Tom to get #4, but they have to get past Luck first.

Problem is, of the four teams left, the Seahawks are best built to win. They have a stifling defense (past 7 games average of 8 points per game given up). With Lynch and Wilson, they can run the ball and chew up clock. For Rodgers sake I wish he wasn't dealing with the calf, because that just may be the difference.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:42 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,609,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I agree with Brady being on a mission, and his team backing him up this year (and healthy *knocks wood*). Of the 4 QB's left, Brady is the closest to this being his "last chance".
His last chance will be the 2017 (2016 would be perfect actually if Garapalo can come on fast) season with Buffalo when he is playing under Rex Ryan. Belicheck will trade him for the Bills first round pick.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
His last chance will be the 2017 (2016 would be perfect actually if Garapalo can come on fast) season with Buffalo when he is playing under Rex Ryan. Belicheck will trade him for the Bills first round pick.
That honestly made me laugh. I'm not saying it isn't feasible, but at this time I'm not ready to introduce that possibility.

I remember when Ray Bourque was traded to the Colorado Rockies from the Boston Bruins. That trade was done to give Bourque the best chance (and last) to win the Stanley Cup as the Bruins just weren't there. As history shows Bourque got his championship.

At this stage of Brady's career, regardless of him wanting to play into his 40's, there is really nothing to accomplish per se. He has his rings and his legacy. But, being that he's always played with that chip on his shoulder, and his true love for the game of football, that makes your laughable comment possible - especially knowing how the Patriots operate with personnel.

But time will tell that story. Many of the greats have changed teams - Montana, Manning.....so nothing is out of the question. Right now, though, all I care about is Sunday night and the Patriots getting past the hot Colts and Luck. I expect this game to be much closer than the past 3 blowouts. I would venture a guess the winner will win by either 3 or 7. But of course I'll take another Patriots blowout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football