Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 01:55 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if you watch the video in the Niners game last year, it was Crabtree who was an A HOLE.....Sherman went to him after the play which decided the game and gave his hand and told Cabtree "GOOD GAME" and Crabtree slapped his facemask acting like a little biatch.

shows you how the media manipulates things to turn public opinion....they do this in sports , politics and news.
Doing the same thing with this Deflate Gate. At least somebody can use logic and see where things stand as of today.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:08 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFromSea View Post
LOL What makes us unlikable? Inform me why people like you hate us. Here's what I see, people across the nation, even the world realize there is something special going on here with the Seattle football program, this team, this coach in the here and now. Sure, I see the haters, but, I'm seeing a LOT more admirers from out of state these days.

It's not that often a team goes back to back years playing in the Super Bowl. What will you say next year when we pop it for a third year? Will that convince ya? LOL
Why? Perhaps claiming the world is behind Seattle, or that Seahawks are going to win 3 in a row, when in reality they're 1-1 in Super bowls, & most of the world doesn't care about American football. Also, some may find it off-putting when the majority of Seahawk fans are new to the sport in the last 1 or 2 years & yet they are the most brash fans. See these threads below where the fans admit they are new & bandwagoners & even the Seattle locals are annoyed. It's good to have new fans to the NFL, but being brash is off-putting, especially when you have many loyal fans who have been fans for decades & not witnessed their team win a championship. I say championship, because some fans have been cheering their team on since before the super bowl. Oh, and the gimmicky 12th man thing of course.
It should tell you something about the Seahawks, when so many people are choosing to cheer for the hated Patriots to win the next game.
//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ho-doesnt.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...s-mania-4.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...annoyance.html

Old 01-25-2015, 03:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Big-mouthed Richard Sherman, dirtbag Marshawn Lynch and the naive fans who actually think they can somehow determine the outcome of games is what makes them unlikable.

You're already counting on three in a row? LOL! Good luck with that ... even if the Seahawks do win this year, it'll be a long time before they win again. LOL!
Even if that happens I don't think many seahawks fans would be mad if they didn;t win the SB in 2016 after winning two superbowls in a row. Actually they wouldn't have to win the SB anymore until 2020 if they were to win it again this season.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:17 PM

240 posts, read 239,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Why? Perhaps claiming the world is behind Seattle, or that Seahawks are going to win 3 in a row, when in reality they're 1-1 in Super bowls, & most of the world doesn't care about American football. Also, some may find it off-putting when the majority of Seahawk fans are new to the sport in the last 1 or 2 years & yet they are the most brash fans. See these threads below where the fans admit they are new & bandwagoners & even the Seattle locals are annoyed. It's good to have new fans to the NFL, but being brash is off-putting, especially when you have many loyal fans who have been fans for decades & not witnessed their team win a championship. I say championship, because some fans have been cheering their team on since before the super bowl. Oh, and the gimmicky 12th man thing of course.
It should tell you something about the Seahawks, when so many people are choosing to cheer for the hated Patriots to win the next game.
Dont get so excited after Sunday Tom Brady will be able to run for President if he wants

Old 01-25-2015, 03:20 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Even if that happens I don't think many seahawks fans would be mad if they didn;t win the SB in 2016 after winning two superbowls in a row. Actually they wouldn't have to win the SB anymore until 2020 if they were to win it again this season.
After this year, the best players will be departing for more money elsewhere. Happens to every team. That is why few teams win two years in a row.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:21 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if you watch the video in the Niners game last year, it was Crabtree who was an A HOLE.....Sherman went to him after the play which decided the game and gave his hand and told Cabtree "GOOD GAME" and Crabtree slapped his facemask acting like a little biatch.

shows you how the media manipulates things to turn public opinion....they do this in sports , politics and news.
That's like saying Andrew Luck saying "good hit" when he gets knocked down on a deep TD pass isn't trash talk. He got up in his face afterward very aggressively.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:23 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
As someone who doesn't really care about either team, the pattern of cheating makes me definitely vote for Seattle. I don't want to see yet another "championship" from a cheating team as we've seen from the Patriots. They really need to be punished for their constant rule-breaking.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:04 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
It seems you have an issue that Seattle fans are brash....is it just Seattle fans or is any fanbase that is brash annoying? My point is, leading up to the NFCCG, Packer fans were yapping away, which got a bit annoying. Hopefully after that classic gag job, we won't have to hear from them for a long, long time

Old 01-25-2015, 04:08 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
As someone who doesn't really care about either team, the pattern of cheating makes me definitely vote for Seattle. I don't want to see yet another "championship" from a cheating team as we've seen from the Patriots. They really need to be punished for their constant rule-breaking.
They have broke one rule that we can be sure of. They were taping signals in the open in front of 80,000 fans.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They have broke one rule that we can be sure of. They were taping signals in the open in front of 80,000 fans.
But you have to understand that it doesn't matter to anyone outside of New England. The Patriots are patterned cheaters to fans outside of New England. And no one wants to take the time to understand the whole Spy Gate story because the only thing that matters is it was a blatant cheat to gain an unfair advantage. The Patriots are the Yankees (the evil empire) of football.

It's all getting old and tiresome to me. I think after this crap blows over I will never again waste my time coming to the defense of my team, because regardless of what I saw, conclusions have already been drawn.

I really hope the Patriots can find a way to annihilate the Seahawks. It won't shut anyone up, but it will feel a lot better to bounce hate off a Lombardi trophy then it will to hear the war cry's of "you haven't won a Super Bowl since you were caught cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football