Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 01:09 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or are you also bored with all the pregame shows before NFL games. Especially now with the two week window before the Super Bowl. I honestly can not stand to watch and listen to anybody break down or predict winners of these games.

I LOVE watching the games themselves but hate the pre-game and halftime shows. Just want to watch football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 01:15 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
I now wait until time for the game to come on and I also mute the half time show. On Super Bowl Sunday, I watch movies or something until game time. All that drivel on Sunday nights is the worst.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:33 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Is it just me or are you also bored with all the pregame shows before NFL games. Especially now with the two week window before the Super Bowl. I honestly can not stand to watch and listen to anybody break down or predict winners of these games.

I LOVE watching the games themselves but hate the pre-game and halftime shows. Just want to watch football.

If you think 1 hour during the season and 2 hours for the playoffs is long, just wait until Sunday when you have like 8 hours of pregame fluff before the actual game starts. What a complete waste of time it is! The ONLY pre/post/halftime show I watch is the postgame of the NCAA basketball finals......only because of the "one shining moment" montage at the end. I'm the only person in my family that could care less about the halftime shows & commercials (and ironically the only person that actually cares about the game, go figure!) so I'll go watch something on the DVR during the extra 50 minute long halftime show.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:37 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
If you think 1 hour during the season and 2 hours for the playoffs is long, just wait until Sunday when you have like 8 hours of pregame fluff before the actual game starts. What a complete waste of time it is! The ONLY pre/post/halftime show I watch is the postgame of the NCAA basketball finals......only because of the "one shining moment" montage at the end. I'm the only person in my family that could care less about the halftime shows & commercials (and ironically the only person that actually cares about the game, go figure!) so I'll go watch something on the DVR during the extra 50 minute long halftime show.
Yep I used to watch it when I was younger but can not stand it these days

Old 01-26-2015, 10:28 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,043 times
Turn off the TV and go outside.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:02 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Pregame is no longer what it used to be. It is the old saying; "Too much of anything is not a good thing." I used to love watching ESPNs hour show before kickoff years ago and now the hour show is a 24/7 show that just gets very old, very fast. So now, I don't watch much if any pregame. I watch more postgame than pregame, and even that gets old after a while.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
The number of "anchors" is multiplying like rabbits on these shows! I wonder how many ex players we need to sit around, speaking platitudes and cliches for hours before gametime.

Nope, I do not watch them anymore.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
I tend to watch the local pregame show that comes on at 11AM "Tailgate 19" which features former Browns players a radio host, and the sports guy from the station. Bob Golic is the regular, and they will rotate in Bernie Kosar, Hanford Dixon, Joe Jurevicius and in the past have featured Reggie Langhorne. Then by noon I hand my wife the remote, run errands, and come back, and have the game on by 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football