Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:46 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times

Advertisements

That playcall was by far the worst play call I have EVER seen in my life. That would've been an AWFUL call in the regular season to boot which makes it evens worse as if Carroll lost a regular season game that way he would've gotten roasted by the media by not only utilizing Marshawn Lynch....by far the best RB in the game and one of the best in the league, but you also fail to utilize Wilson's leg. Just mind-numbingly stupid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Four tds and over 300 yards.

But I do agree ditch. Edleman was a beast all night for the pats. If he doesn't suit up they probably cross mid field twice all game.
This just gives Brady more motivation to go again next year and win more SB's like he's still 28 years old.

Like I said in another post on another thread, wake me up when Buffalo is at .750 after Week 11.

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Some thoughts:

The game really had everything. A close first half, capped with the gutsy one-last-shot touchdown rather than settling for a field goal. Then the momentum went totally to Seattle, as they reeled off 17 points in a row. Then, another comeback from 10 points down for New England to take the lead. The crazy fluke completion down to the 5-yard line. And, of course, the pass.

ONE FOR THE AGES

No, the MVP should not have gone to Edelman. Yes, he had a fine game. But 9 receptions for 109 yards does not trump 328 passing yards on 37-of-50 passing, even with the 2 picks tossed in.

No, Pete Carroll should not be fired. An unwise call? Yes, to put it mildly. But that call does not negate one Super Bowl championship, with another Super Bowl appearance tossed in.

It could have gone either way. Seattle has a slightly better team. But they were outcoached, and I don't just mean that one play. It's not enough to be slightly better than the Patriots - you also have to be able to coach as good as Belichick. Today, Carroll did not do that.
Couldn't have said it better. Thank you!

Old 02-01-2015, 08:47 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Some thoughts:

The game really had everything. A close first half, capped with the gutsy one-last-shot touchdown rather than settling for a field goal. Then the momentum went totally to Seattle, as they reeled off 17 points in a row. Then, another comeback from 10 points down for New England to take the lead. The crazy fluke completion down to the 5-yard line. And, of course, the pass.

ONE FOR THE AGES

No, the MVP should not have gone to Edelman. Yes, he had a fine game. But 9 receptions for 109 yards does not trump 328 passing yards on 37-of-50 passing, even with the 2 picks tossed in.

No, Pete Carroll should not be fired. An unwise call? Yes, to put it mildly. But that call does not negate one Super Bowl championship, with another Super Bowl appearance tossed in.

It could have gone either way. Seattle has a slightly better team. But they were outcoached, and I don't just mean that one play. It's not enough to be slightly better than the Patriots - you also have to be able to coach as good as Belichick. Today, Carroll did not do that.
Indeed. The most exciting Super Bowl game I have ever watched. I never knew who was going to win it until that last interception with 30 seconds left on the clock.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:50 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
And also how about that "vaunted" Seahawks D too?? 2 Patriots 4th quarter possessions in the 4th (not including the kneel downs), 2 touchdowns and marching down the field both times. I'm seriously wondering if Carroll was still getting paid by Kraft. As I said to someone earlier tonight when the game ended instead of investigating deflate gate, what the NFL really should be investigating is blatant sabatoge and blatantly throwing the game by Pete Carroll. How else do you explain NOT running Lynch or NOT having a play designed for Wilson to run if you weren't to throw the game?? I get taking a chance on a throw (which I would've either used on 1st down or saved for 3rd down) but throw it to the corner or throw it out of bounds, why the hell is it thrown in traffic in the middle of the field??

Old 02-01-2015, 08:51 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,395,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Did you watch the game? the Pats scored 14 points in the 4th quarter.. they went up and down the field on the Seahawks like they were playing a high school team and yet you claim they are not even close to being the better team.. seriously dude.. get over it.. there always next year..
That's irrelevant. Each team had their spurts throughout the game.

And why should I get over something that just happened when there's a perfectly legitimate reason for it? I can understand if I was still complaining nonstop in March of 2016 but the night is still young guy. There's a good chance the Pats didn't even deserve to be in the SB in the fist place.

1,325 posts, read 2,366,159 times
Maybe hawks called a pass play to use up more clock? Its 2nd and 1. They throw a pass and its complete they are up. If its incomplete, then its 3rd down and there is a good chance they hand off to lynch to score. The risk of an interception is there but its low, and maybe they gamble like they did at the end of the half.

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Way to go boys....see yah again in the big one next year! GO PATS !!!!

PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
And also how about that "vaunted" Seahawks D too?? 2 Patriots 4th quarter possessions in the 4th (not including the kneel downs), 2 touchdowns and marching down the field both times. I'm seriously wondering if Carroll was still getting paid by Kraft. As I said to someone earlier tonight when the game ended instead of investigating deflate gate, what the NFL really should be investigating is blatant sabatoge and blatantly throwing the game by Pete Carroll. How else do you explain NOT running Lynch or NOT having a play designed for Wilson to run if you weren't to throw the game?? I get taking a chance on a throw (which I would've either used on 1st down or saved for 3rd down) but throw it to the corner or throw it out of bounds, why the hell is it thrown in traffic in the middle of the field??
Now that's just a conspiracy theory. Bad call is what it comes down to.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Way to go boys....see yah again in the big one next year! GO PATS !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football