Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 11:11 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times

Advertisements

What about the clock management? It's more important to score than leave no time on the clock. Who cares about the 50-50 chance Brady goes down and gets into field goal range in 30-45 seconds? Even if they tie it up, every time I've ever seen Wilson in overtime, he wins the toss, then goes down and scores a TD before the other QB touches the ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 11:17 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,639 times
Chris Matthews...wow. Not bad for his first career receptions. Now that the surprise is over and he is known(and ahead of the other Chris Matthews on google now!) he'll be studied more by defenses. But at 6'5" and given more practice I'm sure he can cope, I hope he has good career.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Either Carroll or the OC had money on the Pats. The call made absolutely no sense.
oh goody, now there is another controversy to deal with, perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I am mostly glad we aren't again subject to the huge egos of the Seahawks. They are now The Legion of Whom?
yes thank god we dont have to listen to calls for a three-peat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I agree that the decision to pass was not a bad but the type of pass that was thrown is what made it made the play look awful. So fans should be more mad at Russell Wilson for his decision to throw into traffic instead of Pete Carroll.
wilson didnt take the time go go through his reads properly and made a rash decision to throw to the middle of the field. even the best make mistakes like that from time to time. wilson will learn however, and probably not make a mistake like that again.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:10 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh goody, now there is another controversy to deal with, perhaps.

yes thank god we dont have to listen to calls for a three-peat.

wilson didnt take the time go go through his reads properly and made a rash decision to throw to the middle of the field. even the best make mistakes like that from time to time. wilson will learn however, and probably not make a mistake like that again.
Correct, the fans and media are attacking the wrong guy since it;s Wilson who didn;t throw the ball to the outside.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:14 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
In all honesty, i could care less about either of these teams..and i could care less about their fans...but i do kind of feel bad for the actual seahawks players...i mean, sure theyre millionaires, but there is a lot of blood, sweat, luck and hard work that goes into just getting to the Super Bowl, and to have your opportunity to win the thing squandered by some boneheaded play calling from the guys in the polo shirts on the sidelines has to suck pretty bad...
You "could care less" or "couldn't care less"?

The game falls funny for everybody. This time, it happened to the Hawks. Last year, it happened to the Niners in the NFC championship game. Year before that, to the Niners in the SB. It was a boneheaded play, that's for sure. I didn't think that Pete Carroll's team could make such a lousy call. I mean, 1 lousy yard to go, with Lynch in the backfield. Live and learn.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:18 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
I think the Seahawks loss is Katy Perry's fault for giving the worst half time show EVER!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:21 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think the Seahawks loss is Katy Perry's fault for giving the worst half time show EVER!
The only reason I watched the halftime show is because I was at someone else's house but if I was home I would have changed the channel until the second half started.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:37 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
I thought the halftime show was terrific, and I don't even like Katy Perry. The Seahawks have nobody to blame but themselves.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Hum.. I was thinking call time out... let 'em score.. but, your right.. you just never know!
I (and I think most everybody else) was thinking the same thing and I think Seattle and Carroll were too. You could sense a little bit of confusion from the Seahawks that there wasn't a stoppage happening and they likely over thought the situation in front of them. Wasn't a big fan of Belichick but that dude sure can coach and gave Carroll and Bevell a much needed schooling.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:28 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Belichick got into Pete Carroll's head on how he planned to play a goal line D no matter what formation Seahawks brought. So knowing that, Carroll or his OC, decided to go with a pass since the Pats showed the run D.

No matter what, Lynch would have gotten in with three tries, he is a beast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football