Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 01:09 PM

19,432 posts, read 9,462,756 times

Advertisements

What I don't get. Sure the deflated ball will make it easier for gripping but when a deflated ball is thrown in the air, a properly INFLATED ball, (like car tires = better gas mileage) should have better aerodynamics. One can throw it and it should go a further distance in the air verse a deflated ball. Should it not?

The deflated ball had to be both a help and a hindrance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 01:16 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
What I don't get. Sure the deflated ball will make it easier for gripping but when a deflated ball is thrown in the air, a properly INFLATED ball, (like car tires = better gas mileage) should have better aerodynamics. One can throw it and it should go a further distance in the air verse a deflated ball. Should it not?

The deflated ball had to be both a help and a hindrance.
Not when you've practiced, built team chemistry, and have grown accustomed to playing with a deflated ball. Receivers can catch better, RBs have a better grip, defenses aren't used to it. Cheating all around. Belie heck should be incarcerated to the NFL jail

Old 05-25-2015, 06:42 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,262,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Nonsense, it is not my responsibility to reiterate what you could obtain by conducting a quick search on Google. The bottom line is that there is a concerted effort to win by ANY means possible and it appears the Patriots enjoy this more than others. I was hoping Kraft would take the bait and pursue legal actions against the league ....bbbuttttt. He knows better. Please👌
From what I've read Kraft really didn't have any recourse to fight the penalties imposed on the team. And in the end, it probably costs them nothing if not makes them money. If Brady's 4-game suspension holds up, it's without pay, thus the Pats save salary money, more than the $1mil fine.

You saying "....and it appears the Patriots enjoy this more than others" means to me you believe others do the cheating thing too. That in itself is more to my point, that the issue isn't with one team, but with the NFL and how it runs its business.

The NFL is getting a free pass here, and most fans don't care because they have what their blood thirstiness wants, someone in a noose, so they feel like they've won. I'll still take what you probably call those tainted 4 Superbowls and let you believe anything you want. I doubt ANY cheating any team does would ever make a difference with them winning a Superbowl or not, and maybe even but one game a year, maybe. And I think crowd noise is a much bigger cheat than PSI's because it effects the entire field of play, but since a sucky team did it no one cared (and they didn't win anyways).

Old 05-25-2015, 05:14 PM

26,167 posts, read 48,881,878 times
Default Waaaaah

- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:20 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,504,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
From what I've read Kraft really didn't have any recourse to fight the penalties imposed on the team. And in the end, it probably costs them nothing if not makes them money. If Brady's 4-game suspension holds up, it's without pay, thus the Pats save salary money, more than the $1mil fine.

You saying "....and it appears the Patriots enjoy this more than others" means to me you believe others do the cheating thing too. That in itself is more to my point, that the issue isn't with one team, but with the NFL and how it runs its business.

The NFL is getting a free pass here, and most fans don't care because they have what their blood thirstiness wants, someone in a noose, so they feel like they've won. I'll still take what you probably call those tainted 4 Superbowls and let you believe anything you want. I doubt ANY cheating any team does would ever make a difference with them winning a Superbowl or not, and maybe even but one game a year, maybe. And I think crowd noise is a much bigger cheat than PSI's because it effects the entire field of play, but since a sucky team did it no one cared (and they didn't win anyways).
When players are suspended, the teams don't save money. The lost salary goes to the league, who puts in a charitable fund.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:08 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,852,153 times
I think the witches in Salem got better legal chances than the Pats with Goodell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football