Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2024, 09:46 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times

Advertisements

SO the Texicans are set to reveal new uniforms today. The Broncos did so already, as did supposedly the Jets?

There is an article here

Now I have ranked the Uniforms before, and I totally disagree with the rankings in this article

As you all would expect from me

I also understand that a new uniform design is all about marketing. It is about squeezing money out of fans who feel the need to update a wardrobe every season. It is about people who will be throwing away their Cousins' Viking Jerseys or their FINZ Wilkin's shirt because they are no longer with that team.
It is like collarless dress shirts...out of style

But in a couple of decades or so they will all be "vintage" and back in style

I have a few vintage jerseys I got as throwbacks.....a Lambert Steelers, Otto Raiders, Griese, and Marino,Dolphins, Unitas Colts....I still have my Polumalu Steelers Jersey which since he is HOF I think counts....

BUT If I went in the sports bar wearing a Tannehill Dolphins shirt I would get at least one person who would say "Hey Catso....that shirts wrong..."

But this is something the NFL Loves. Fans buying new jerseys every year. The teams love that. Making any subtle or radical change to the uniform makes some of the fans want to go out and spend their pizza money on a new and expensive jersey.

SO back to the topic at hand

All things considered, Best NFL uniforms for the year? In no particular order, Colts, Brownies, 49ers, Saints, Raiders and Lions

Worst? Again in no particular order, Chargers, Bengals, any team from the city or state of New York or New Jersey, AND the Packers (Sorry , Susan but green and yellow? On a football uniform? hmmmm )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2024, 04:35 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I'm not a NYer but like the retro Jets uniforms. The Texans looks like it belongs in WWE or something, horrific. Love the Broncos Orange Crush uniform. The Browns, Bengals, Rams and Lions look great too. The Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Chiefs and 49ers look in need of an update in my opinion. The Packers are doomed with a bad color combo.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:20 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
As I always say in these threads, Go back to the 1965 uniforms, and in the case of newer teams their originals.

Old Today, 04:00 AM

739 posts, read 410,988 times
Niners uniforms are outstanding as is. Go Niners!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football