Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
Nobody thought we'd beat the Bucs, the Cowboys, or the Packers.

Once again thats useless logic. The PATS are so much better than those teams its not even funny. Ill admit it was suprising they won 3 in a row on the road, but this is a whole different beast.
Don't tell me your a pats fan with a name life bxlefty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
True, the Giants are peaking right now and the Patriots, even though they are 18-0 do look more human as of late. I figure the Patriots will put on a good show in the SB though.
Well, as a diehard Giant fan. I started this season 45 years old, I'm now 55. Pats are still big favs to win this thing, I hate to admit it but lets be realistic. Can the Giants ride this though? You bet they can, but they have alot of work to do.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 AM

2,954 posts, read 12,300,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Only reason the Pats beat the Giants was because Eli threw the interception pass on the touchdown drive for the Pats. The game was ours, pal. Nobody thought we'd beat the Bucs, the Cowboys, or the Packers... But we did! Nobody even thought we'd make the playoffs!
Only reason the Giants were even close to the Pats is they got a TD on a kick return after being spotted 15 yards on a bogus celebration penalty that the league has since admitted was stupid, and which doesn't compare to the antics Brandon Jacobs engages in every time he scores. The Giants' last score was in garbage time.

The Pats are far better than the Bucs or the Cowboys, and the Giants had a great win in Green Bay but the weather changed the complexion of that game and it's not clear how it would have turned out in different conditions.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,439 times
no, i actually don't have an affiliation to any particular football team, although I do like watching it. Im a huge baseball fan and have been a yankee fan since I was 4 since my older brother was a mets fan and we fought all of the time back then.
I was rooting for Greenbay since I am a big Farve fan (hes the one person I see in sports that reminds me of how pure sports used to seem when I was a little kid) but other than him I could care less about the packers and I would have liked to see him win another superbowl (although there is now way they would have beat NE)

I really don't care who wins the superbowl, but objectivly the Giants have almost no shot. Ofcourse as a fan you should root for them to win, and its that much sweeter when you team is a big underdog and win (for me nothing can ever top the 96 yankees)
The giants played as good as possible last time vs NE and still lost. So now youre going to play a team that is far more talented,with far better coaching (Belicheck with 2 weeks to prepare should be fun, especially since Cauglin like most NFL coaches is clueless for the most part) and you know the Patriots never take anybody lightly.

Put it this way- all the giants fans that think they will win, or even have a 50 percent chance to win should load up on the giants on the money line getting 5-1 on their money.
Miracles do happen which is why the play the game, but if they played the patriots 10 times they would be lucky to win once.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:56 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times
That was not a "bogus" excessive celebration penalty. If you don't want a penalty, don't celebrate like that. Simple. Maybe he should have looked at the NFL rule book.

If you're not Giants fan, why are you here mucking up our thread? Either you're insecure or you're nervous!

Tom Brady has been playing horrible too.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,439 times

LOL I ues syou didnt see last week
Eli finally plays halfway decent, while the rest of his team plays GREAT and all of the sudden hes his brother.Nice try.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Yup !! The New Jersey Giants you are speaking of. The same New Jersey Giants who play in NJ, practice in NJ, the players have their primary residences in NJ, they collect paychecks drawn from NJ banks, they pay taxes to NJ, they have their name on a NJ arena which they successfully had changed from a disgraced ex-Governer's name.

BUT THEY ARE TOO ASHAMED TO CALL THEMSELVES New Jersey Giants which they are.

They do not want to be associated with New Jersey. I find that pathetic. Name all the other NFL teams who moved and changed their name. Think about the Colts continuing to call themselves the Baltimore Colts because they are ashamed to be associated with Indy.

I hope the Pats wipe their pathetic NEW YORK faces all over the ice.

63 - 3 Patriots

Old 01-22-2008, 10:31 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
lol enough balls to beat the pats? giants played as good as the possibly could and still lost
i dont like either team, but impartially the have almost no shot
Remember a while back when the St. Louis Rams were "completely unstoppable" and the Pats pulled together as a team to beat them?

DejaVu Perhaps?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:42 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:

Eli finally plays halfway decent, while the rest of his team plays GREAT and all of the sudden hes his brother.Nice try.
See now you are just hating. If it wasn't for a few drops, Eli would have had a monster game, and I would say he's played better than halfway decent. The guy hasn't thrown an interception playing three games on the road.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:51 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times
Quote:

Yeah, I did see the last game... He threw 3 interceptions... Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football