Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 12:36 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,375,591 times

Advertisements

There was a program on TV about Burress. He doesn't pay for anything - his cars, house, condo, insurance, hotel rooms and on and on. Creditors said he's nearly impossible to track down and he never answers his phone. They said he's the nicest guy you could ever meet, but he won't pay you until he's scheduled for a court date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Burress is a great receiver.... the NYG would not have won the superbowl without him

He just needs to stay out of trouble
Great receiver-HELL NO! Good receiver-yes. But with his attitude it's not worth it.If you're going to have an attitude at WR then might as well have T.O.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Great receiver-HELL NO! Good receiver-yes. But with his attitude it's not worth it.If you're going to have an attitude at WR then might as well have T.O.
What do you think they are going to do for a receiver this year?

They already told Toomer they dont want him back, which only leaves Smith and Hixon

Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM

T.O. is available,Nate Washington and there are ALOT of guys that are being released or are looking for trades and the draft is usally LOADED with WR's.My steelers got Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed out of the last couple of drafts.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
T.O. is available,Nate Washington and there are ALOT of guys that are being released or are looking for trades and the draft is usally LOADED with WR's.My steelers got Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed out of the last couple of drafts.
Nate Washington has already signed with the Titans

Also, why in the hell would the giants want T.O.

I think they have to do one of three things

1. Resign Toomer and draft Britt.
2. Pick up Marvin Harrison and draft Britt
3. Trade for Boldin

Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Nate Washington has already signed with the Titans

Also, why in the hell would the giants want T.O.

I think they have to do one of three things

1. Resign Toomer and draft Britt.
2. Pick up Marvin Harrison and draft Britt
3. Trade for Boldin
If you are looking at Boldin what about James? He wants out!
I like Marvin.Didn't know Nate already signed.If the Giants were considering bringing Plaxico back that's why I said they should go for T.O.instead. T.O.'s a much better receiver and actually less of a problem then Plax but you might have to shell out a little more coin.Trading up in the draft for a receiver is also a very good option.Usually college receivers that are in the 1st round especially are ready to go once they hit the pros.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:35 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,546 times
Question New York Giants - Let's sign Terrell Owens ?

New York Giants not interested in Terrell Owens - New York Giants Football - NJ.com

Old 03-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If you are looking at Boldin what about James? He wants out!
I like Marvin.Didn't know Nate already signed.If the Giants were considering bringing Plaxico back that's why I said they should go for T.O.instead. T.O.'s a much better receiver and actually less of a problem then Plax but you might have to shell out a little more coin.Trading up in the draft for a receiver is also a very good option.Usually college receivers that are in the 1st round especially are ready to go once they hit the pros.
I dont think trading up is a good idea. They pick 26th in the first round.

As of right now the only receiver projected to be taken by then is Crabtree. They will have their pick between Heyward-Bey, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks and Britt

I think they should go with a OLB in the 1st round and with the pick they got from NO in the Schockey trade should be used for a receiver. Its pretty much guaranteed that Britt or Nicks will still be there in the middle of the 2nd round (45th overall)

Old 03-07-2009, 01:25 PM

They should be fine but their division is strange.Dallas will dropoff,Philly will probably be the same,but Washington seems to be gathering good free agents and might be a bit tougher.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:25 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,546 times
Default Latest on Giants !!!

Corey Webster's restructured contract and other New York Giants tidbits - New York Giants Football - NJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football