Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:02 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

You can't have a player get away with this...cause if you do, then other players will do the same not expecting any kind of punishment. You give players an inch and they will surely use a mile.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That's exactly why he wouldn't turn over his phone, and he shouldn't have to, besides didn't he play better after the refs found the balls de-flated?

The jealousy the NFL has for the Patriots is embarrassing to them and the rest of the league, and even I can't stand the Patriots or Brady. Like Andrew Luck said, Brady could of been throwing a bar of soap that day and it wouldn't have mattered.
The phone was needed in the investigation though. There were reports of his texts and all of a sudden his phone including his SIM card were smashed? Sounds fishy. All he needed to do was say "I told them to set the balls low and they were too low with the game conditions. Instead, he forced the NFL's hand with the entitled crap he pulls all the time. Brady is good but his attitude is what I hate.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:17 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times
Brady Says NFL Manufactured Phone Controversy With No Evidence - Bloomberg Business

Brady claims that he only destroyed the phone after investigators got the information they needed. It seems very believable as even the Wells report had texts from him and his ball boys.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:44 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Brady Says NFL Manufactured Phone Controversy With No Evidence - Bloomberg Business

Brady claims that he only destroyed the phone after investigators got the information they needed. It seems very believable as even the Wells report had texts from him and his ball boys.
Didn't he turn over "certain" texts and phone numbers which he contacted? (reminds me of the Hillary email mess).

If you don't have something to hide, you produce everything. Overwhelm them with exonerating information.

Don't' produce things, except selectively...and in Brady's case, destroy the evidence ( I guess Hillary did the same thing) and the specter of "you are hiding something" comes into play.

Brady will be toast in the court room: Destroying Evidence does not go down well with Judges.

The whole things is just dumb beyond words. Could have solved it with "I told them to keep the balls soft, but didn't expect they would really underinflate them. I am truly sorry." Fine would have been $25,000 and it would have been over.

Instead, we spend Millions to perpetuate the "cheating" mantra that seems to follow New England and Brady wherever they go. It has become a race to see who can be the bigger jerk: Brady or Goodell.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
MVCheat

Old 07-30-2015, 09:32 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
Why does the NFL give control of the game balls to the individual teams in the first place?
I always wondered this myself. Why don't the refs control the balls?

Old 07-30-2015, 10:48 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
Why does the NFL give control of the game balls to the individual teams in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I always wondered this myself. Why don't the refs control the balls?
Seems to me that there are still some things left in the world which assumes that people are naturally honest.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Seems to me that there are still some things left in the world which assumes that people are naturally honest.
It's not the first time deflated balls were used. I think a Lions-Bears game a few years back had the same problem, only the refs noticed it before hand.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:47 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
^This^. Scandals tend to get worse the longer they drag out.

If on day one TB had said, "Yeah, the staff knows I like the balls on the light side, sorry if they got carried away. It won't happen again", this would have been forgotten about before the Super Bowl.

I really hope he appeals this and keeps it front page news for 4-5 months and then is suspended for the final 4 weeks of the season or post season (obviously not a Pats fan).

Maybe he could get the same lawyer as his buddy, Aaron Hernandez, might get the team discount.
Totally agree. I even wonder if the Seahawks had simply won the darn game if this would still be getting as much traction as it is...

Old 07-30-2015, 02:48 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is Brady is a cocky POS that believes his own hype.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football